+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2/17 Results Show **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys View Post
    Actually, I think the show on Thursday is supposed to be the usual 90 minutes, but the finale on Sunday is two hours.
    Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit a second here. If the show on Sunday is going to be two hours... does that mean we don't get a Grey's Anatomy?????
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I think it's okay. As in, I think it's 8-10 Dancing with the Stars and 10-11 Grey's. Interesting on the 90 minutes Thursday. I checked my local ABC station website and it still says two hours.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    Jerry Fans....

I wonder ...Do you honestly think that your hero Jerry would not have a problem awarding the Superbowl trophy to the team that had the most fans call in or improved the most during the season or that tried the hardest and had the best attitude????.. REALLY!

The votes kept your Football MVP in the competition...now it is time to vote for the BEST dancers not your favorite celebrity sportsman in another venue
    Exactly, exactly, exactly.

MRD
    Lisa is a great mom, a lasting 14 year marrige wich is rare in her occupation , a successful business person and has made a living in the entertainment industry from hard work and dedication. Unfortunately that business requires good looks to last longer than our genes allow. Nearly all actresses especially those over 40 have had some enhancements to stay working after gravity takes over...bodies like Stacey's last only so long.

ANd that in a nutshell sums up what is wrong with celebrities having enhancements. It makes the rest of the non-celebrity world think that they have to have them too to be beautiful and accepted by society.

Again, REAL woman over 40 should be proud of who they are, what they have accomplished with no cosmetic help to do it.

Celebrities are setting many bad examples for todays youth and the over 40 generation that to be "valued" you have to have surgery or enhancements to be taken seriously.

I'd rather be taken seriously for my mind and the fact that I'm not afraid to let my age show rather than try to look 10 years younger than I am.

I don't mind being over 40 and looking it. I've been through a lot in my life and its built me into a very strong woman without help. And more women need to realize that they are perfect the way they are instead of trying to live up to some unrealistic ideal they see on tv or in the movies.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    ANd that in a nutshell sums up what is wrong with celebrities having enhancements. It makes the rest of the non-celebrity world think that they have to have them too to be beautiful and accepted by society.

Again, REAL woman over 40 should be proud of who they are, what they have accomplished with no cosmetic help to do it.

Celebrities are setting many bad examples for todays youth and the over 40 generation that to be "valued" you have to have surgery or enhancements to be taken seriously.

I'd rather be taken seriously for my mind and the fact that I'm not afraid to let my age show rather than try to look 10 years younger than I am.

I don't mind being over 40 and looking it. I've been through a lot in my life and its built me into a very strong woman without help. And more women need to realize that they are perfect the way they are instead of trying to live up to some unrealistic ideal they see on tv or in the movies.

It really does not send that message to me as I have never had a single tuck or nip and do not plan to do so ( although I have been tempted since those eye lids of mine are starting to droop a bit) ....but if I was a actress and in jepardy of losing my career without it I might have to take it into consideration. I do not begrudge someone else for doing so and have many friends who have had some minor enhancements not in that industry..if it make them feel better..so what it is their body!.

I think that Len’s nasty remarks to Jerry actually helped Jerry and resulted in Lisa’s elimination. Lisa is a better dancer than Jerry. But Jerry was not all that bad and for Len to say “you’re the worst of the remaining group” or whatever was uncalled for. I bet that a lot of people called in to support Jerry who initially wouldn’t have called in at all . . . or maybe would have called in to vote for someone other than Lisa.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    I think that Len’s nasty remarks to Jerry actually helped Jerry and resulted in Lisa’s elimination. Lisa is a better dancer than Jerry. But Jerry was not all that bad and for Len to say “you’re the worst of the remaining group” or whatever was uncalled for. I bet that a lot of people called in to support Jerry who initially wouldn’t have called in at all . . . or maybe would have called in to vote for someone other than Lisa.

I think so too...it had the same effect with Master P earlier???? Make you wonder huh? Is it just to thicken the plot???

I think so too...it had the same effect with Master P earlier???? Make you wonder huh? Is it just to thicken the plot???
    Hmmmmm. Well, I think it was different than the support for Master P (who was a joke from the get-go). Jerry is no Fred Astaire, but miles ahead of Master P.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    I think it's okay. As in, I think it's 8-10 Dancing with the Stars and 10-11 Grey's. Interesting on the 90 minutes Thursday. I checked my local ABC station website and it still says two hours.
    Yes, GA will be on after the DWTS finale. I checked Titan TV, and it said 1 1/2 hours on Thursday. I will probably tape two hours, just to be safe. Although if I could tape what was important, and skip the filler, I'd probably have about 15-20 minutes' worth.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    No she does not. I am her age, and she does NOT represent me. I think its great she learned how to dance at 42 and she did do a magnificent job.

But I have friends that learned ballroom over 60, so what?

I am proud to be a woman over 40, but in no way do I want Lisa representing me!

I'm so tired of women of a "certain age" feeling that they have to resort to plastic surgery or other techniques to look "good" over 40. I'm sorry, but to me Lisa Rinna looks about as fake as Cher.

REAL over 40 women are proud of what they have accomplished WITHOUT cosmetic help!

And I don't know about you, myrosiedog, but I don't want some woman claiming to represent me when she has money enough to hire a nanny and spend her days doing yoga so she can keep that trim waistline. My days and filled with taking care of my babies, working, laundry, dusting, cleaning, making lunches for the next day, and going to bed so exhausted I just want to sleep for 10 days straight, only to get up the next morning and do it all over again.

+ Reply to Thread