+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Voting Trends? (Possible spoiler?)

Voting Trends? (Possible spoiler?)

A friend just told me she heard on a radio show that Drew and Stacy are always in the middle vote wise, Lisa is on the bottom and Jerry has consistently been the top vote getter.

If there's any truth to this (and it wouldn't surprise me), it sounds as though we may end up with a Jerry / Stacy or Drew final -- unless they find a way to make sure that doesn't happen. Maybe that's why Drew and Stacy have been getting such high scores and Jerry low scores? (Aside from the fact that all scores seemed in the right ball park to me).

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    A friend just told me she heard on a radio show that Drew and Stacy are always in the middle vote wise, Lisa is on the bottom and Jerry has consistently been the top vote getter.

If there's any truth to this (and it wouldn't surprise me), it sounds as though we may end up with a Jerry / Stacy or Drew final -- unless they find a way to make sure that doesn't happen. Maybe that's why Drew and Stacy have been getting such high scores and Jerry low scores? (Aside from the fact that all scores seemed in the right ball park to me).
    I think that could change, though. I've been giving Jerry votes every week trying to make sure that he didn't get eliminated before some of the clownish dancers when he was really trying. But starting this week, my votes will go for the people I think are really the best dancers.

I don't know how many other people fall into my category and if it's enough to keep Lisa from being eliminated, but I guess we'll see.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I think that could change, though. I've been giving Jerry votes every week trying to make sure that he didn't get eliminated before some of the clownish dancers when he was really trying. But starting this week, my votes will go for the people I think are really the best dancers.

I don't know how many other people fall into my category and if it's enough to keep Lisa from being eliminated, but I guess we'll see.
    I was planning to give my votes to the most deserving, but after the judges rude comments last night, I gave all my votes to Jerry. If the judges could be critical without being rude, then I could have voted for the best dancers - Drew and Cheryl.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    I was planning to give my votes to the most deserving, but after the judges rude comments last night, I gave all my votes to Jerry. If the judges could be critical without being rude, then I could have voted for the best dancers - Drew and Cheryl.
    I can understand the frustrations with the judges rude comments. I was just afraid that the better dancers would get booted if I gave him my votes. If alot of people throw some votes Jerry's way as payback for the judges, we might see another...Dancing upset.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapit View Post
    I can understand the frustrations with the judges rude comments. I was just afraid that the better dancers would get booted if I gave him my votes. If alot of people throw some votes Jerry's way as payback for the judges, we might see another...Dancing upset.
    If we do, then the show deserves it. These are not people who have false dreams of becoming professional ballroom dancers. They are (so-called) celebrities who agree to participate for fun, for exposure, for the thrill of competition, for whatever their reasons are. But I can bet you none of them agree to do this, work hard hour after hour, only to have these judges say things like, "you don't deserve to be here." If this show was really about crowning the best 'celebrity ballroom dancer' then they would recruit people with the same level of experience/skills going into the dang competition.

After last night's comments, I wonder how many other people were thinking like I was - "Gee Len, Bruno, and Carrie Ann, I'd like to see how well you do playing football, when you've never played before, and after only 3 months or so of practice!"

I say to Jerry! And I hope Lisa goes home for good tonight, since I know it won't be Stacy.

If we do, then the show deserves it. These are not people who have false dreams of becoming professional ballroom dancers. They are (so-called) celebrities who agree to participate for fun, for exposure, for the thrill of competition, for whatever their reasons are. But I can bet you none of them agree to do this, work hard hour after hour, only to have these judges say things like, "you don't deserve to be here." If this show was really about crowning the best 'celebrity ballroom dancer' then they would recruit people with the same level of experience/skills going into the dang competition.

After last night's comments, I wonder how many other people were thinking like I was - "Gee Len, Bruno, and Carrie Ann, I'd like to see how well you do playing football, when you've never played before, and after only 3 months or so of practice!"

I say to Jerry! And I hope Lisa goes home for good tonight, since I know it won't be Stacy.
    That's great that you feel so supportive of Jerry and all of his hard work. Me, too.

But I don't get why you feel so hostile toward Lisa when she has worked just as hard as Jerry and didn't have much experience either.

If we're going to be mad at someone (who wasn't the person making the decisions), why not be mad a Drew and Stacy for having so much more experience than the others?

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    why not be mad a Drew and Stacy for having so much more experience than the others?
    I didn't know Drew had experience? Someone enlighten me?
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee View Post
    I didn't know Drew had experience? Someone enlighten me?
    I don't remember where I posted it, so I'll say it again here. Drew just finished performing in Rent on Broadway. He played the role of Mark, and I think Mark does some major dancing in the "La Vie Boheme" number. Perhaps in others as well. So clearly he knows how to dance.

In addition, he went to the High School of Performing Arts (or whatever it's called) in Cincinnati (or wherever it is he's from). I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have taken dance classes as part of his education there.

Stacy's ballet experience shows in terms of her lines (which are sometimes better than Drew's), but all-in-all, I wouldn't say that Drew was exactly starting from scratch. They don't let people dance on Broadway who have to be taught how to dance, so clearly he had some background that was probably equivalent to Stacy's jazz dance experience as an NFL cheerleader.

As for Lisa, if she had a dance background, it wasn't a very good one, because she pretty much sucked when she started out. Everything that she did well on the show was something she learned while there.

I, too, gave all of my votes to Jerry, for a number of reasons:

I love his work ethic and attitude, and I'm a huge 49ers fan who knows he's always had one.

Although, I didn't like Lisa early on, I do now, but, can't stand Louie.

The judges attempt to eliminate him by giving him scores that were even lower than deserved and their rude comments.

As was mentioned, he has no dance background like others (Stacey), previous dance experience (Drew, plus Drew's wife is a choreographer), and I believe it's much more difficult to be the male celebrity with no experience than the female, as the male is supposed to carry the dance.

As long as Jerry gives it his all, I will vote for him. I have no problem with a Drew/Jerry finale, and may the top vote getter win, as that obviously is what counts here.
    Sing & dance the night away!

That was the worst thing to do! That's why Lisa and Louis got voted off when they deserved to be in the final three! I was afraid Len would piss off people and they woulde vote for Jerry out of spite, but Jerry is the worst out of the four couples. YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR THE BEST DANCERS!

+ Reply to Thread