+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2/10 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by lavieenrose View Post
    I believe that the music is assigned to them. A couple of weeks ago, I recall one of the female celebs remarking after the live show had ended, reading from a piece of paper that had been handed to her, "So we're dancing to such-and-such next week?"

In the segment about having to work with untrained dancers, was Stacy shown? I remember seeing everyone but her.
    Someone should do something about this awful music. I love this show but, the music sucks. Stacy's partner was in the segment and said something about being a teacher/coach.......I'm not sure what he said but, he sounded like he was taking a lot of credit for how great Stacy has become....JMO

eta
    I never thought I'd like George Hamilton so much. Seems like a great guy (too much gushing over Stacy but, gotta love him)

the singer there Natasha a lot of young people are loving right now. My daughter is out in N.Y in school and I called to tell her she was on and in the middle of a party they put it on to watch her. She's big on MTV right now. I'm gettin old - methinks she was awful --
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee View Post
    Stacy's partner was in the segment and said something about being a teacher/coach.......I'm not sure what he said but, he sounded like he was taking a lot of credit for how great Stacy has become....JMO
    I thought the same thing. He actually said something about how satisfying it was to have made a dancer out of her, and I thought "What an idiot. She was already a dancer. You just made her a ballroom dancer. Big difference!" I don't think he has any idea how much easier his job as been than the other professional dancers who've had to train less experienced people.

eta
    I never thought I'd like George Hamilton so much. Seems like a great guy (too much gushing over Stacy but, gotta love him)
    I'll miss George, too. It was definitely time for him to go, but he provided the humor that John O'Hurley (sp?) brought to the last show. Without George, this would have been much too dull and intensely competitive.

I know George was just joking around with the Stacy stuff, but it reminds me that I kept wondering (when they would show Alana Stewart Hamilton...whatever) if they are still married or just good post-divorce friends. I think I remember that they are divorced but did a talk show together and stuff. Anyone know for sure?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I got emotional during the Dirty Dancing gig. Then when Geoge got booted, the tears really flew. How great was his personality!?! The Friday-night show was really tremendous. I'm glad this season is airing.

At this point, though, I'm a little perplexed that clumsy oafish Jerry Rice is still around. No doubt he is legendary for his football skill and work ethic, and I love that. I still have a couple game videos of his versus the Cowbodys, the best two football games ever televised!

But as far as ballroom dancing is concerned, Jerry is just NOT CUT OUT for it. He looks as if he has no rhythm whatsoever. It's almost painful to watch him bumble around. How could somebody with that many records and that dynamic ability look so uncoordinated on a dance floor? Where's his speed? It's pretty bad that George Hamilton who is twice his age outswiveled him.

George was the only thing that made Pee on the floor tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Griss
    I know George was just joking around with the Stacy stuff, but it reminds me that I kept wondering (when they would show Alana Stewart Hamilton...whatever) if they are still married or just good post-divorce friends. I think I remember that they are divorced but did a talk show together and stuff. Anyone know for sure?
    Alana was on "I'm a celebrity... get me out of here" which apparently didn't have many viewers, but I enjoyed it. George was shown in clips making some snarky comments about her, but it was clear that they had a good post divorce relationship. The talk show was also mentioned. I had never heard of her, but George was well known.

The only thing I remember about her is she was married to Rod Stewart
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee View Post
    The only thing I remember about her is she was married to Rod Stewart
    I know...can you imagine George and Rod being married to the same woman????!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    Why that's almost as incredible as if Billy Bob Thornton and Brad Pitt ever got involved with the same woman! Who'd believe it!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    You know, now that I think about it, there's a Rod Stewart conspiracy or connection of some sort on this show.

His ex-wife Rachel Hunter was on the first one. The man whose wife he stole is on this one. Who will be next--Kimberly?

ETA:

Brad & Billy Bob . Oh, wait, it's true.

You're the best, Krom.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Why that's almost as incredible as if Billy Bob Thornton and Brad Pitt ever got involved with the same woman! Who'd believe it!
    OK...I had to go get some paper towels for the Dr. Pepper I spit on my computer table..... you got a point Krom....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Well, I was surprised that Lisa was in the bottom 2. I thought for sure it was going to be Jerry and George.

George was definitely a good entertainer, but not so much a dancer. I give him credit for getting out there with his injuries. The show will be a little boring without him, but I personally think the right one left.

The dirty dancing routine was awesome. I think they did a really good job with it.

Maxim's students were fantastic. It seemed like the boys were better than the girls.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast