+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2/10 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    I think Drew had the worst music for this round of competition.

I thank Lisa and Louie for not kissing on the stairs this time around.

The Jive is a perfect example of how formal competition has turned a fun dance into an awful impersonation of the Tasmanian Devil (cartoon edition).
    Her husband was probably wondering what in the world was going on when she kept kissing him last night. I guess she got caught up in the moment and was just so happy that she pulled it off. Then again maybe her husband does not care since he has seen her do much more on the soaps. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    "What did you expect from your coaches in football? Did they feed you cookies every day?" That was too damn funny.
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    I don't begrudge her having what in reality was a previous professional level dancing career. For one thing, dancing professionally isn't the same thing as dancing COMPETITIVELY.

Stacy didn't pick herself for this show--the producers did. Maybe they shouldn't have, but since they did I'm not going to take it out on her. I'll merely wish they cast a bit more evenly in the future. Heck, even Drew might have been uneven casting. Ideally ALL of the competitors would have been at about Lisa's level--people with a ton of potential and SOME minor dancing background (I seem to recall something about Lisa having some as a kid, but nothing on the level of Stacy).

I think the biggest thing going for Stacy--more than jazz dancing/cheerleadeing--is ballet going back to childhood. And that's not something restricted to either pros or competitive dancers. It's why she gets all those glowy comments about posture. A mere jazz dancer wouldn't get those.
    Yeah I agree with that because it is a bit unfair to have someone who is as good as her be in this competition with some people who are mere amateurs. Heck you're right, even Drew seems to be an unfair competitor. He's just too darn good.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    George and Edyta go home.
    I love it!!!! As for myself one down, four more to go. Next up its Lisa to go in 4th place. All I like to see is Stacy Keibler come out to #1

My two cents--

OK, it's been commented on before, but who picks the music that they dance to? I enjoyed Drew and Cheryl's tango, but it would have been much more effective with appropriate accompaniment (Black-Eyed Peas? Really?) Stacy's song worked for her dance, and I loved George and Edyta's "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps". But Louis and Lisa's using "9 to 5" for a quickstep was a bad move, IMO. It reminded me of Season 1, when Joey and Ashly dressed in 40's clothes for their jive, then danced to Elton John's "I'm Still Standing". I expected to hear "In the Mood".

Anyway, I'm glad that it was George who got the boot, although Jerry has to go next week. I really enjoyed the Dirty Dancing number--I've seen it so many times that if I had dancing talent, I could probably perform it myself--although now I'm going to have to watch the movie. Darn!

FORT Fogey
    Bravo George!

He brought so much class and entertainment and joy to this competition.

You could see that the contestants and the viewers were really respecting him and enjoyed his performance on the show.

I think he was the only one who didn't take this reality show too seriously which is SHOULD be in my opinion. It IS a reality show afterwards not a professional dance competition !

Many people got hooked on this show because of the enertainment not judges scores.

I don't care who wins. I just enjoy watching them ENTERTAINING me.

In this view George was a champion!

George was fun to watch but his dancing did him in.

It's a fun show and he made it just that much more enjoyable.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys View Post
    My two cents--

OK, it's been commented on before, but who picks the music that they dance to? I enjoyed Drew and Cheryl's tango, but it would have been much more effective with appropriate accompaniment (Black-Eyed Peas? Really?) Stacy's song worked for her dance, and I loved George and Edyta's "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps". But Louis and Lisa's using "9 to 5" for a quickstep was a bad move, IMO. It reminded me of Season 1, when Joey and Ashly dressed in 40's clothes for their jive, then danced to Elton John's "I'm Still Standing". I expected to hear "In the Mood".
    I agree 100% with everything you said. I couldn't watch the encore of Lisa & Louis because I was so apalled by the music choice the night before and almost couldn't watch it then. The week before, they had a disco song for a latin dance. No wonder Carrie Ann had trouble with it. I enjoy the dances so much more when the genre of music is appropriate to the dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    Bravo George!

He brought so much class and entertainment and joy to this competition.

You could see that the contestants and the viewers were really respecting him and enjoyed his performance on the show.

I think he was the only one who didn't take this reality show too seriously which is SHOULD be in my opinion. It IS a reality show afterwards not a professional dance competition !

Many people got hooked on this show because of the enertainment not judges scores.

I don't care who wins. I just enjoy watching them ENTERTAINING me.

In this view George was a champion!
    I bawled like a baby when George was let go last night. It was only then, that I realized his attitude towards life had reminded me of my beloved Grandpa and that's why I adored him so much.

Yes, I know that he'd never win, from the beginning, because of Stacy and Drew, but he brought a silliness and joy to the show that will make it that more dull in the future.

I watch it for the dancing, but a little bit of laughter sure goes a long way!

George, my boy, I shall miss you!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I believe that the music is assigned to them. A couple of weeks ago, I recall one of the female celebs remarking after the live show had ended, reading from a piece of paper that had been handed to her, "So we're dancing to such-and-such next week?"

In the segment about having to work with untrained dancers, was Stacy shown? I remember seeing everyone but her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast