+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2/9 Show discussion

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralFeeder View Post
    You know, I think what Len said was "flagellating," not "flatulating" but stupid ol' Tom took off and ran with flatulating...

I replayed it and he said flatulating. I think he MEANT Flagellating, but he said the other
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Drew's height should work against him, but it doesn't because his partner is still shorter even in spiked heels. He works hard to learn difficult routines for tough dances each week and should be awarded with the lame hideous sparkily trophy at the end of this.

Stacy is too tall for her partner and that adversely affects the look of their dances. She is praised most for the type of movements that only the judges notice or care about. I like Stacy, but not her dancing and will never understand the fascination with her stick legs.

Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme
    Stacy's got the sexy partner.
    You must be mistaking him with Max who was Tia's partner.

Poor Jerry HAD to go to the Super Bowl. GO STEELERS!

Professional ballroom dancing is rarely entertaining, since the precision of the moves makes it rather robotic. It's adding an amateur to the equation that makes this show one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    It must be a male,female thing because I thought Stacy was terrific and Drew was just O.K. (Actually I thought the Paso Doble was his best dance). I don't know what it is but Drew just looks funny to me when he dances and Stacy looks like a gazelle gliding accross the floor.
    I think it's more the dance. The jive is definitely more fun to watch than whatever it was that Drew did.

Have to say there's something about Stacy that just bugs me, but she is a good dancer. I guess she has an edge though, being a trained dancer and all.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I replayed it and he said flatulating. I think he MEANT Flagellating, but he said the other
    sounded like flutulating to me

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    Is it Jerry's build that makes him unsuited for the dance floor? He works hard, but hopefully his fans won't catapult him ahead of the better dancers.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. He seems kind of .. gangly?

I appreciate that he's working hard. Before this show, I knew the name, but couldn't have picked him out of a lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I think Ole Len meant to say what he said and was actually cracking a joke. (Surprising, I know) Or, if not joking, he was trying to find a euphemistic way of saying that the guy was farting around.

When we (the group I watch with) first heard it, we thought he had accidentally used the wrong word, but then we started joking about flatulence and realized that he'd put it with the word around, and presto-chango, out came "farting around."

Pretty funny really.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456