+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2/9 Show discussion

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyStarr View Post
    George in no way shape or form belongs in the Final 4. He deserves to go home tomorrow. He has worn out his welcome. At this point, it's a dance competition, and he cannot hang. Edyta did ALL the dancing. It was a shame he got the same score as Jerry. At most he deserved all 7's. Also in the waltz, his spotlight was crazy, almost like a mockery of the dance. Enough jokes, his time to go is so yesterday!!!

Couldn't agree more SassyStarr. George is fun to watch at times, but last night he was just standing there while Edyta did all the dancing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he is the one to go tonight.

Lisa has really squashed her fears of ballroom dancing. She was fantastic. During the Vienna, her and Louie had the best solo. Loved the low lift

Drew was terrific. He brings it every week. I'm glad he finally got the 10's he deserved.

Jerry did so much better than the last time around. The comment Anna had about sticking the quarter between his butt checks was hysterical. I think he deserved a higher score.

Stacy was okay. I didn't like their performance. He seemed out of control for some of the dance. Don't think they deserved all 10's
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fan
    I don't think anyone did badly last night but I do think George should be the next one to go. I thought he did more posing than dancing and his partner did most of the hard work. I think the judges are putting too much emphasis on his personality. I wouldn't be very surprised if Jerry were eliminated tonight but I hope it doesn't turn out that way. I would also be a little surprised if Lisa werre eliminated tonight since the judges keep going on and on about how much she's improved.

I still don't know what Len was trying to say with his flatulance comment.
    I would add the Blace Eyed Peas to the list of acts that should sue this show. Thanks

It must be a male,female thing because I thought Stacy was terrific and Drew was just O.K. (Actually I thought the Paso Doble was his best dance). I don't know what it is but Drew just looks funny to me when he dances and Stacy looks like a gazelle gliding accross the floor.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Love George, I do . . .

But I think it's time for him to hang up his dancing shoes.

If what I think's gonna happen, happens, it'll be a danceout between Drew and Stacey.

Oh, and BTW, I really love Jerry, too.

Lisa? All I can think of with her is: "LIVER LIPS!"
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

You know, I think what Len said was "flagellating," not "flatulating" but stupid ol' Tom took off and ran with flatulating...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    It must be a male,female thing because I thought Stacy was terrific and Drew was just O.K. (Actually I thought the Paso Doble was his best dance). I don't know what it is but Drew just looks funny to me when he dances and Stacy looks like a gazelle gliding accross the floor.

Ohhhhh, finally someone said exactly what I think.

Yes, Drew is very good but not soooo good. He looks very stiff when he dances like a mechanical doll.

I had a course and I missed last night's show. I am so upset. I really wanted to see Drew's performance...wahhhhh!

Off the wall prediction... Stacy and Drew are by far the best, with Lisa a distant 3rd, Jerry a distant 4th, and George still around because SOMEone had to be 5th.

What I think you guys are underestimating is the popularity contest. Stacy is extremely hot, and the best dancer. She'll get ALL of the male vote - what's that, 10% tops? She'll get nearly half of the people who are actually voting for who the BEST dancer is, with Drew getting the other half. Drew will get a small portion of the boy-band-fan vote.

Lisa will get 100% of the soap-fan vote. Who here thinks there may be a strong overlap between the fans of this show, and the fans of soaps?

So, for the off-the-wall prediction: George goes away tonight. Jerry goes away next week. And then DREW loses out to Lisa, even though he's by far the better dancer. Everyone is underestimating Lisa's fan base.

Then Stacy and Lisa will have an unfairly close battle for the win. Here's hoping Stacy wins that, she's head and shoulders better (not to mention taller, eh?) than Lisa, and by all rights should win.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme View Post
    I really love Jerry Rice, too. I don't like his partner, though. .

Jerry's partner ALWAYS looks like she smells something bad. She acts like Jerry is beneath her and so is this competition. She's so snooty and full of herself. She deserved Master P and Ashley deserved Jerry.

I really feel for Jerry having to put up with this b*tch for 7 weeks.

I also think it opened her eyes to see him on HIS turf when they went to Detroit and she grudgely gave him a thimble full of respect. The only respect he's gotten from her.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
    Off the wall prediction... Stacy and Drew are by far the best, with Lisa a distant 3rd, Jerry a distant 4th, and George still around because SOMEone had to be 5th.

What I think you guys are underestimating is the popularity contest. Stacy is extremely hot, and the best dancer. She'll get ALL of the male vote - what's that, 10% tops? She'll get nearly half of the people who are actually voting for who the BEST dancer is, with Drew getting the other half. Drew will get a small portion of the boy-band-fan vote.

Lisa will get 100% of the soap-fan vote. Who here thinks there may be a strong overlap between the fans of this show, and the fans of soaps?

So, for the off-the-wall prediction: George goes away tonight. Jerry goes away next week. And then DREW loses out to Lisa, even though he's by far the better dancer. Everyone is underestimating Lisa's fan base.

Then Stacy and Lisa will have an unfairly close battle for the win. Here's hoping Stacy wins that, she's head and shoulders better (not to mention taller, eh?) than Lisa, and by all rights should win.
    Actually, Lisa is not very popular with soap fans. Well, at least on the board that I visit for General Hospital. They were TOTALLY behind Kelly last season. However, they make some pretty bad comments about Lisa (mostly about her lips and the way she jumps around..). Most of them seem to be pulling for Stacy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast