+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 1/20 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Not Giselle and her boytoy!!!! LOL...Man, how is P still there? Disgrace! Dispicable! DAMNNNNNNN! I am really disappointed! Giselle didn't deserve to leave at all and now we are stuck with George who is just a little ok and P...which there are no words in the world to describe his digusting dancing. I am so angry...damnnn ABC! THe pasa doble...was very hot!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

I think Les's comment about P needing to part with the show is part of it. But, P also used to his advantage that his Grandmother died or is sick or whatever, and that gives him the "sympathy vote". I wonder what kind of sympathy vote he will go for next week!

This is my first time watching the show. I never watched last season. I'm starting to think I may be done with this show, especially if P stays on the show. I cannot believe Giselle was voted off before him!!! What a crock!!!!

Oh my gosh. What a complete sham this show has become. This is not a dance contest--it's a popularity contest. I don't know if I can watch this anymore!! It's a shame, because there are some really good dancers on this show, and those that will only get better. P will probably NOT get any better--he just doesn't have the grace and style that the others do. How disappointing for anyone who tuned in to see fine dancing.
    No matter where you go, there you are.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Seriously, you could blow off the whole show and tune in for the last 5 minutes. You would not miss a thing.
    There are those of us who, strange as it may seem, actually enjoy watching the dancing.

That mass Paso Doble was...fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill View Post
    There are those of us who, strange as it may seem, actually enjoy watching the dancing.

That mass Paso Doble was...fantastic.
    I love to watch the dancing too, that's why I'm so upset that they eliminated folks who COULD dance in favor of keeping P, who obviously can NOT dance. I'm mad! (OK, I'm better now. Pass the chocolate)
    No matter where you go, there you are.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7 View Post
    Not Giselle and her boytoy!!!! LOL...Man, how is P still there? Disgrace! Dispicable! DAMNNNNNNN! I am really disappointed! Giselle didn't deserve to leave at all and now we are stuck with George who is just a little ok and P...which there are no words in the world to describe his digusting dancing. I am so angry...damnnn ABC! THe pasa doble...was very hot!
    How appropriate is it that the show that follows is called "Injustice"?!

Poor Jonathan--second time he's had a partner who could really dance but didn't have as big a fan base as some no-talent jerks. Giselle carried off her exit with class and style.

Master P is beyond bad. Anyone who votes for him needs to get their eyes examined. Let this be the last of P!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Well my son was thrilled to death that P made it to the next round!
    I was so disappointed that Giselle did not make it...I was really rooting for both her and Lisa....I really enjoy Lisa's enthusiasm and I actually enjoy her partner this year moreso than last year!!! Giselle is just as graceful a "loser" as she was a competitor. As she said, her lack of a "fan base" was her downfall.........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm really disappointed and ticked off that one of the better dancers was voted out tonight.

Can you believe that Mr. P is still there....He falls flat each week.I wouldn't think that many people from the hood would be watching this show and voting. Goes to show how much I know.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    I fell asleep and didn't catch the results sho, so I popped in here to see what happened. Sounds like it wasn't a great show anyway, and I did find out what I needed to know so thanks for that.

I wanted to share my opinions:

First off, I'm not at all surprised P is staying. While I in no means think he should be there now, I will give him the credit for at least trying this week. He actually did make an attempt this week, which is more than he's done in the past. While he is the weakest of the 10 celebrities, he does deserve credit for finally stepping up to the plate and swinging rather than just watching the pitches fly into the catcher's mit.

P is the subject of a lot of controversy, which is good for ratings. He's also been the product of a lot of outside fodder. For example, the women on the View were talking about him last Friday. Elizabeth even had on a shirt that said Vote For P. Her reasoning was that people like Drew and the wrestler had some dance training in the past whereas P is a true novice. She said she felt like those who had training had a leg up which shouldn't be in this type of competition. I guess she wants a skating with celebrities type level ground or something.

Anyway, people hear that and maybe some agree with her and vote for him. Master P also gets respect for stepping in for his injured son at the last minute. And some people vote for him because of that. Others are actual fans, although it is hard to imagine Master P fans actually watching ballroom dancing and getting enough interest to vote. But then again, I loved Joey McIntyre and chose to watch in the summer because of it. And I thought ballroom dancing was a step up from watching paint dry. So who knows.

At any rate, celebs like Kenny and Giselle don't have a huge fanbase. I don't think any Sports Center fans tuned in just because they love Kenny and his reports. They're bound to be the first to go because of a lack of a bona fide fan base. They may be good, but that only goes so far when Drew is riding the coattails of his 98 Degrees fame (and the presence of his oh so hot brother in the audience every other week).

Finally, everyone is talking about how bad George is. I think he'd be a lot better if he wasn't injured. And at least he's giving it his all. So I give him respect for that.

I don't think P is going to turn into Kelly. He doesn't have that kind of fan base supporting him. I just think he has more than a few other celebrities, and that does make a difference in a competition like this.

Just my 2 cents.

FORT Newbie
    This show has been turned into a joke by the voting public. By picking P to continue, its obvious this show has become nothing more than the P fan club. And I didn't even know this guy had fans?

But the guy is awful. And I'm tiring of his reasons for being on the show. C'mon P. You're not preaching at a pulpit. You're on an effin' fluff show competition. Enough of the martyr routine.

What's even more ridiculous is that P will probably continue on deeper into the competition. I think if this show continues next year you will see a drastic change to the way teams are selected to continue. Because this years show has been turned into the P comedy hour.

+ Reply to Thread