+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 1/20 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Fort Member
    It happened in the first series of Dancing with the Star's here. One of the so called stars was an ex politician who was so bad it was funny and lots of people tuned in just to see how bad she could be. Each week the judges were cruel one in particular was just nasty so the public voted and she stayed in much to the annoyance of the judges she made it to the final but the public could not let her win and came to their senses.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    It happened in the first series of Dancing with the Star's here. One of the so called stars was an ex politician who was so bad it was funny and lots of people tuned in just to see how bad she could be. Each week the judges were cruel one in particular was just nasty so the public voted and she stayed in much to the annoyance of the judges she made it to the final but the public could not let her win and came to their senses.
    Wow, who was that? I don't even remember anyone other than Trista, Joey (who really should have won that time with his partner Ashly), John, and the hooker, I mean eventual winner.

And by the way, I understand why no lifts this time around. If any of you remember, that's all Kelly did to win is let her partner pick her up in those skimpy costumes and throw her around all the time. The audience loved it but the male celebs can't compete with that kind of stunt, so no lifts makes it a level playing field.
    Now if the voting could just be leveled.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    Wow, who was that? I don't even remember anyone other than Trista, Joey (who really should have won that time with his partner Ashly), John, and the hooker, I mean eventual winner.

And by the way, I understand why no lifts this time around. If any of you remember, that's all Kelly did to win is let her partner pick her up in those skimpy costumes and throw her around all the time. The audience loved it but the male celebs can't compete with that kind of stunt, so no lifts makes it a level playing field.
    Now if the voting could just be leveled.
    If you look, the OP of this comment is from Australia, so she's probably talking about a version of the show that aired over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Reactions to his staying while others more derserving are voted off are so similar to what I've seen for years on the American Idol boards. I really think these shows want to keep the bad ones to generate enough talk that more people will tune in to see what the "controversy" is about.
    That's exactly what I was thinking, Misty. I'm not good with remembering Reality TV-stars names (Thank GOD!) but I remember the Flying Fury a couple of years back when The Singin' Marine and that Clay Aiken-like kid that got the death threats over-stayed their welcome on IDOL. And then there was that web-site last year that wanted the fat/bald dude to win, "to stick it to American Idol". What the heck is that all about...."sticking it to a show"?????

It reminds me of the type of people who destroy people's holiday decorations for kicks or pull up flowers in public gardens "because it was 'there'. More evidence of the Darwin Effect NOT working: the dumb keep breeding and the rich keep adopting.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    More evidence of the Darwin Effect NOT working: the dumb keep breeding and the rich keep adopting.
    lambi - I will never stop loving your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    lambi - I will never stop loving your posts.

Ah, Mistress Marleybone....I am but a speck upon a crumb upon the paw of your beloved WoofieDog. I am not worthy of such praise

....but keep it comin', pleez??? ~Lambi~
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    More evidence of the Darwin Effect NOT working: the dumb keep breeding and the rich keep adopting.
    Sorry, but I don't get this.

Is the idea of the joke that the dumb are poor and the rich are smart and the rich are adopting poor people's babies so the population is getting dumber?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011