+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 1/20 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Does anyone have ANY idea what P is saying?
    ZZzzzzzzzzZ

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    He isn't creepy, he's funny! I like him! I hope he stays around awhile, it's nice to have someone on there with a good sense of humor.
    I agree. His remarks about the "hood" were hysterical!!!!

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless Babe View Post
    Although the judge's comment about P leaving the show may have encouraged some to vote for P, I have heard many people give another reason for voting for him. Just read this thread...the vast percentage of posts are from people astonished, disappointed, etc. that P is still there. There are a lot of people who will contine to vote P in just to see these reactions. I am around a lot of young people (teenagers) and I can't tell you how many of them are greatly entertained by the angered/astonished reactions of viewers. They think it is funny ("those people don't realize it's just a show," "we're going to keep voting for P to watch how pi**ed those people get," etc., etc.)

And you can bet ABC is hoping P stays...look at the publicity it generates. Everyone (talk show hosts, message boards, water cooler talk) is talking about the fact that P is still here. I'd bet money the show's ratings will drop quite a bit once P is gone.
    I am a teenager and I find P staying absolutely appalling. It just proves life is unfair to the people who are deserving like Giselle.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    He isn't creepy, he's funny! I like him! I hope he stays around awhile, it's nice to have someone on there with a good sense of humor.
    I still think he's creepy. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffs_hope View Post
    P made HUGE improvement from last week - he did a good job for a novice dancer
    Teaching him to dance is like teaching a blind man how to apply makeup. No matter how hard you try, the end result aint gonna be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless Babe View Post
    Although the judge's comment about P leaving the show may have encouraged some to vote for P, I have heard many people give another reason for voting for him. Just read this thread...the vast percentage of posts are from people astonished, disappointed, etc. that P is still there. There are a lot of people who will contine to vote P in just to see these reactions. I am around a lot of young people (teenagers) and I can't tell you how many of them are greatly entertained by the angered/astonished reactions of viewers. They think it is funny ("those people don't realize it's just a show," "we're going to keep voting for P to watch how pi**ed those people get," etc., etc.)

And you can bet ABC is hoping P stays...look at the publicity it generates. Everyone (talk show hosts, message boards, water cooler talk) is talking about the fact that P is still here. I'd bet money the show's ratings will drop quite a bit once P is gone.
    This P character (I had never heard of him before this) could win this and fans of ballroom dancing would be lost to this show forever.
    Believe it or not, there really are a lot of us who enjoy watching ballroom dancing not popularity contests or publicity stunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    I agree. His remarks about the "hood" were hysterical!!!!
    Me too!!! My words is when Master P came to Dancing with the Stars, 1. I said he pretty good doing ballroom dancing. 2. He show some improvements with his dance steps and dress casual, but he still wear baseball cap for good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill View Post
    There are those of us who, strange as it may seem, actually enjoy watching the dancing.

That mass Paso Doble was...fantastic.
    I watch it for the dancing too. I am always surprised when I think a dancer did well and the judges think differently. But they are the judges and are judging the DANCING...I think their votes should count much more than the public votes.

Does anyone know the ACTUAL percentage or points that the publc votes count as? I liked Krom's explanation, just wondered if there was more information out there. Would they ever consider giving us the Public's actual numbers per contestant?

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    I watch it for the dancing too. I am always surprised when I think a dancer did well and the judges think differently. But they are the judges and are judging the DANCING...I think their votes should count much more than the public votes.

Does anyone know the ACTUAL percentage or points that the publc votes count as? I liked Krom's explanation, just wondered if there was more information out there. Would they ever consider giving us the Public's actual numbers per contestant?
    The actual percentage IS half. What's not clear is how the scores are weighed for each "place", compared to each other that is. I believe it's been shown on-screen by the show at least once last year, but I don't recall the exact "virtual scores" they are representing as each place in the public voting. Someone here with a tape or better memory might recall, but even then I'm sure it changes every week based on how many couples are left.

And it DOES make a difference. Think about it. If the last place couple in public voting always gets a 0, that's harsh. If they get a virtual 10 instead though, it kind of changes that "50%" in a hard to calculate way.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I watch this show because I enjoy the dancing. I also enjoy the entertaining aspect of it, but for me, Master P provides neither. I appreciate that he did seem to try harder this week, but, he is nowhere near the standard of the other dancers. His refusal to wear proper dancing shoes is simply brutish. He dances like a modern day caveman. Personally, I shall fast forward through the rest of his performances.
    I really feel sorry for his dancing partner, because it looks like Ashley would prefer to be done with this competition and her partner this time around.

+ Reply to Thread