+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: 1/19 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey
    Although I swore I wouldn't watch again after my man Kenny was booted first, I was forced to watch last night (why does stealing the remote give you the power??!!??) and I have to say, I felt sorry for P. The judges were just mean, when it was obvious he tried. In the first week, he didn't even try and they gave him all kinds of praise and higher points than they should have. Had they scored him correctly that night, I would have had at least one more night of Kenny.

As for Jerry's performance, let's blame the partner. The pros choreograph the dances and she did a very, very poor job with this dance. They were moving in slow motion, but obviously that's the way she set it up, so don't blame Jerry.

BTW, I may have lost the remoted, but I got the phone and all 8 votes went to Jerry!!!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar
    I thought Tia did very well last night and got gyped out of some points. If Stacey had done the same routine Tia did as well as she did, she probably would have gotten all 10's. The judges definitely have their favorites and I don't think they're being fair in their scoring.

I took ballroom dancing lessons for four years and watching Dancing With the Stars makes me miss it so much! I don't have the time or money to take lessons right now since I'm going back to school while working fulltime. Maybe later I can take lessons again.

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=Melsevene;1744921]Although I swore I wouldn't watch again after my man Kenny was booted first, I was forced to watch last night (why does stealing the remote give you the power??!!??) and I have to say, I felt sorry for P. The judges were just mean, when it was obvious he tried. In the first week, he didn't even try and they gave him all kinds of praise and higher points than they should have. Had they scored him correctly that night, I would have had at least one more night of Kenny.

Long time lurker - first time poster.

I'm not positive and someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is how the scoring was explained in the first season. The total score is not based on the total points they receive from the judges but on their placement. So in the first round the top scoring team (Drew & Cheryl) received a 10 for first place on down to the lowest scoring team (P & Ashley) who received a 1 for last place. Then I think they do the same for the viewer votes. Those who receive the most votes get a 10 on down to those who receive the least who get a 1. Then they combine those two scores and knock out whoever has the lowest score. That's how Tia ended up in the bottom two after the first night even though she had a much higher judges score than P. So it doesn't matter how low the judges score P if he gets enough viewer votes to place higher with them.

Personally I think the system sucks and more weight needs to be given to the judges scores. This is supposed to be a dance competition but too many of the viewers have turned it into a popularity contest.

(Oh and could someone tell me how you do that quote thing so that the quote appears in the box?)

+ Reply to Thread