2003 Blackpool Rising Star Latin Finalist
    1998.USA Amateur Youth Standard (Ballroom) Champion

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Jerry Rice

STATS:
    Style: Latin
    Nationality: Russian
    Based in: San Jose, CA

BACKGROUND:
    Anna began dancing at the age of six in her native Russia. Her parents owned a dance studio, so it was only natural that Anna took to dancing from an early age. At the age of seven Anna entered her first competition, which she won, and she has been winning titles (first amateur and now professional) ever since.

Anna moved to the United States with her parents when she was 17 years old. Both her mother and father were professional ballroom dancers, and her mother still makes her costumes today.

Anna and her dance partner Jonathan train six days per week, including dance practice, Pilates, ballet, yoga and gym work in their training.

DANCING:
    Anna is fully trained in Ballroom dancing as well as Latin and was the USA Amateur Youth Standard (Ballroom) Champion in 1998.

xoxo
    i love Anna's personality; she cracks me up. she and Edyta are my favorite pro female dancers.

at first, i thought Anna was so strict and b*tchy, but now i'm totally cool with her. find her to be a comic relief at times...lol...and i do think she is the perfect teacher for Jerry! they have so much chemistry in the dance floor.

also i think Anna is freaken adorable whenever she does her little "phone sign" to indicate to us to phone in. and Max, as sexy as he is, DO NOT MESS WITH ANNA! she's a tough cookie, and she will kick his a**! lol...
    "There is no shame in going out fighting and getting your ass kicked, but there is no honor in not fighting at all." - The Undertaker

Anna was great last night on the show. I love that she was willing to stand up to the judges in defense of her partner, Jerry. She is loyal and tough. Good for you Anna.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapit View Post
    Anna was great last night on the show. I love that she was willing to stand up to the judges in defense of her partner, Jerry. She is loyal and tough. Good for you Anna.
    I actually felt that she sounded like a little whiny child...The judges were jude to Jerry, but in my mind you don't have to sink as low as them. Loved her coment about "it was no tango, it was Blondie for crying out loud"

K

I thought it was adorable that her mom and husband helped Jerry this week. She and her mother look sooooooooooooo much alike, it's scary.

BTW, did anyone know that Johnathan was her husband???

Quote Originally Posted by Burntcrow View Post
    From abc.com

Sorry, I am an Anna disliker. Her comment about Jerry being a better dancer than George was rude, and uncalled for. (George was not there to defend himself, and these people are all supposed to be friends.)

Would like to see Jerry off tonight just to get rid of her. (I still like Jerry, just cannot stand her.)
    Edyta and Cheryl are my 2 fav female dancers.

I cannot believe Anna is married to Jonathon. What was he thinking? She is crude and classless.

Well I love Anna, especially after last night and I'm glad she's in the finals!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

MRD
    I've felt she's been rude to Jerry for much of the show, putting down his chosen profession like its beneath her, making stupid comments about it. It's obvious she knows or cares nothing about football and made little effort to even try to get to know Jerry. She continually looks like she smells something bad and has the worst attitude like she is the QUEEN and everyone must bow down to her.

When she does smile, it looks fake and forced.

But I'm glad she did stand up for Jerry with the Judges on Thur.

However, I hope she is not one of the dancers on the next show.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

AI Warrior Princess dchambers59's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I've felt she's been rude to Jerry for much of the show, putting down his chosen profession like its beneath her, making stupid comments about it. It's obvious she knows or cares nothing about football and made little effort to even try to get to know Jerry. She continually looks like she smells something bad and has the worst attitude like she is the QUEEN and everyone must bow down to her.
    One thing to remember: we only see the parts that the producers want us to see. We don't really get much of this in context; I suspect that if she really were putting down Jerry's chosen profession, and really meant it, that we'd see a completely different chemistry than we do.

That said, I like Anna. I think she's the type of partner Jerry needs. Some of the celebs may have done well with a more nurturing type of personality, but remember, Jerry is used to discipline. I would question some of her choreography, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dchambers59 View Post
    One thing to remember: we only see the parts that the producers want us to see. We don't really get much of this in context; I suspect that if she really were putting down Jerry's chosen profession, and really meant it, that we'd see a completely different chemistry than we do.

That said, I like Anna. I think she's the type of partner Jerry needs. Some of the celebs may have done well with a more nurturing type of personality, but remember, Jerry is used to discipline. I would question some of her choreography, though.
    Agreed. Remember guys, editing is the hallmark of reality tv.
    Anna was the kind of person that Jerry needed to succeed. I know Anna can be a little abrasive, but that is how many Russians are. The way she acted is not out of norm for many Russians who are coaching or teaching as it is part of their work ethic. My sister knows it from personal experience as she was in gymnastics and had a couple of Russian teachers.
    Russians after all are some of the best dancers, gymnasts, figure skaters, etc. in the world.
    Last edited by psycobabe007; 02-27-2006 at 05:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast