+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Rice-Celebrity Dancer

FORT Fanatic

Jerry Rice - Celebrity Dancer (Season 2)

from abc.com

PROFESSION:
    Athlete

PARTNER:
    Anna Trebunskaya

BACKGROUND:
    Jerry Rice was born in Crawford, Mississippi, the sixth of eight children. Growing up, Jerry and his brothers helped out with their father's bricklaying business. It was here that most think Jerry developed his now famous hand-eye coordination.

As a kid, Jerry was always very active and loved playing sports and riding horses. However, it wasn't until his sophomore year in high school that Jerry actually began playing football. And when it came time for his senior year, the offers to play collegiate ball were endless. Jerry chose Mississippi Valley State and also made a promise to himself that one day he would become a pro and finally be able to buy his parents a brand new home.

CAREER:
    While playing ball at Mississippi Valley State, Jerry set and broke every school record. But it was his performance in the Blue-Grey game that caught the eye of San Francisco 49ers coach, Bill Walsh. And although Jerry wasn't the fastest player on the field, Walsh recognized his potential. So in the 16th round of the 1985 draft, Jerry Rice became a 49er.

Jerry struggled his rookie year, but had his "coming out" during his second season with the team. He was named NFL Player of the Year by Sports Illustrated and from then on, the records started to fly.

Jerry Rice's sixteen seasons with the 49ers, teamed with Joe Montana, produced a football player who is today recognized as the greatest wide receiver to play in the NFL. He broke record after record on his way to the top; was selected to twelve Pro Bowls, made a Super Bowl appearance and was twice named Player of the Year.

Now in his seventeenth season, Jerry plays with his second NFL team, the Oakland Raiders.

PERSONAL:
    As much as playing football means to Jerry, his family is still the most important thing. In September 1987, Jerry married his college sweetheart, Jackie, and together they have three children.
    Last edited by Burntcrow; 01-08-2006 at 01:28 PM.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I thought he did a great job. Once he started shaking his hips, I knew he was going to give it his all. It's definitely different than football. Glad to see he decided to do this. He's tied for my favorite male with Drew
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey
    I've always LOVED Jerry Rice, his eyes and smile are killers! I didn't realize he was a 16th round pick though, man, those draft folks must have been kicking themselves!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Jerry did a very good job and, I predict, that once he gets more comfortable out there, those hips are going to loosen up even more! This man has wonderful dance potential!!

Glad that he cut his hair off! The braids (or locks) with nothing on top took away from his good looks! Thank goodness he finally saw the light!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD
    You know, a long time ago, some NFL coaches used to require their players to take dance classes to help with co-ordination.

This man already has the right moves, an athletic, flexible body and a good attitude. This should take him far in this competition.

And the difference in how he comes off in both appearance, personality and speech is so totally different than "P". While P said he was doing this to show people you should try different things, I think Jerry Rice is actually going to show people that you can try and SUCCEED in doing different things as long as you have a good attitude and you put forth EFFORT.

But again, as a pro player, he's used to giving 100% effort or he'd not be one of the NFL greats he is.

After seeing him and then seeing P and learning that P has played semi pro basketball, I was stunned. I hope he doesn't shuffle across the court with lackluster effort like he did on the dancefloor.

I'm pulling for George and Jerry. (although I thought Drew was the best male dancer)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Again, Jerry does a great job with this dance. He seems to be taking this very serious and has a wonderful attitude. Hopefully he will be one of the final 4
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fanatic
    Jerry Rice seems like a class act. He seems like a nice guy, and is having a lot of fun. I'm really glad he's on the show.

He makes me want to watch.

Jerry is outstanding and MUCH MORE a role model to the kids in the "hood" than LEADFOOT "P" with the BAD ATTITUDE.

Keep up the good work Jerry.....your football buddies should be proud!!! You REPRESENT WELL!!!

Jerry Rice showed class and talent throughout his NFL career and is continuing to do so on this show.

He is not the best dancer on the show, but he is trying, he is improving, he is having a good time, and he is entertaining the audience.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Jerry Rice showed class and talent throughout his NFL career and is continuing to do so on this show.

He is not the best dancer on the show, but he is trying, he is improving, he is having a good time, and he is entertaining the audience.
    true, he's not the best, but it looks like he still having a blast. it makes for good tv.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast