+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: P.Miller (AKA Master P) - Celebrity Dancer

FORT Fogey
    Oh come on, let's join in here. There is no way P should have stayed longer than Kenny, Tatum, or Giselle, but in the beginning the judges kept saying they saw 'potential' in him and gave him scores close to Kenny, who honestly tried. So now it's payback.

We all know Kelly shouldn't have stayed in so long last year, but the judges liked her and tried to control the outcome by giving her higher scores than she deserved. This year, the judges are doing it to Stacy (she gets criticized but receives 9's, Drew gets ungodly praise, but receives 9's!).

Let's give the judges what they asked for - P in this competion while the others who have tried are eliminated one by one.

I'm not bitter. I just love Kenny Maynes.

FORT Newbie

Refuse to call that baboon master anything

I just had to put in my two cents. Len says it's time P and the show parted ways, well Len, put your money wear your mouth is and don't give him a point. If being judge gives you any power, use it, band together and boot the bafoon. This is a DANCE competition, not a popularity contest.

I agree - give the guy the boot. I am almost ready to stop watching because of this jerk!!

Quote Originally Posted by unluckyeddie View Post
    I just had to put in my two cents. Len says it's time P and the show parted ways, well Len, put your money wear your mouth is and don't give him a point. If being judge gives you any power, use it, band together and boot the bafoon. This is a DANCE competition, not a popularity contest.
    I thought FOUR points was an insult but I'm wondering if they have a ZERO card?

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    I agree - give the guy the boot. I am almost ready to stop watching because of this jerk!!
    Well, we all agreed in our house-hold, after last week's NON-result show, that when PeeYou came on this week, we'd just. walk. away. from the TV, rather than get upset at him. Sympathy, pity, gansta wannabe's....whatever his fan base is, I AM NOT!!!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by CamelotKnight View Post
    I honestly cannot see the entainment value in this fool, He constantly lands in last place in Judges scoring, yet last week he was 4th overall in cobined scoring. Is America that brainwashed on this idiot. He is playing the Katrina card shows how pathetic he is, if he was interested in helping victims of the Hurricane he can either:
    1. Take this more seriously and dress in proper attire, what's with the Hat and shoes, he wanna show what a bad a@@ rap star he is.

2. Donate his own money from record sales, wait he's a washed up rap star without a hit in years.

3. Donate his time and help rebuilding with Habitat for Humanity for the gulf coast region, but that involves work and God forbid Pee Miller gets dirty and have to work for a living.

My advice to the 3 Judges give 3 zeros and make it harder for him to advance, it's the only way we are gonna get rid of this idiot.
    I agree that he needs to go, and I also dislike the way he keeps using things like Katrina and his dead great aunt to garner sympathy from the audience. Still, I don't think any of us knows what P may or may not have done to actually assist the folks in New Orleans. It's his home town, and I'm guessing that he's probably done as much as he can to help his friends and family and community there.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    when you enter a show, from The Apprentice to American Idol, the premise behind it is that you really, really (Sally-Fieldesqe) want to WIN the shows prize and therefore put in a massive amount of suck-up into doing so.
    What do the celebrities get if they win the competition, anything besides a trophy and "bragging rights"?

I'm curious, because I think the reason the B, C, D (whatever) list celebs agree to go on shows like this is for the exposure and publicity in an attempt to revitalize their careers. If that's true, then even bad publicity is good publicity.

I don't like P, particulary. Had never heard of him before this show, and he has done nothing to endear himself to me (unlike Kenny Mayne, who I also hadn't heard of). But, I would probably recognize him on the street over Stacy, Drew, or most of the others. So in that respect, possibly he's accomplished his goals ?

They just get bragging rights (and the trophy) from what I've seen.

You're right about the exposure. I read an interview with Lisa Rinna that said she turned this show down last season, and then was kicking herself when it did so well. So she jumped at season 2. (sure, now that it was a hit viewed by millions.)

As for P, I'd say he's getting a LOT out of this, because there are many outside of the rap world who had never heard of him. Granted, hearing of him now won't necessarily make people run out and by his albums, but he has his hand in so many business ventures, that any publicity is indeed good publicity. Nothing like name recognition.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Everybody needs to get it through their heads that the decisions on who to keep are not being made by the judges. In fact, I don't even know why they are there since the people get to vote for whomever they want, and it depends on whom the people vote for. It appears that having the judges is pointless. The judges can't see to it that certain people GO!

I think that P is trying to keep the Hurricane Katrina victims in the minds of the viewers. Not unfair. We do tend to forget things rather quickly in this country.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't have a problem with P still being there

Of course this is a popularity contest, just as any show where the public votes will always be.
    How often have we seen people booted from Idol long before less vocally talented competitors?
    People vote for all sorts of reasons.
    Those voting for P might be doing so because they sense some improvement in his ability and attitude, because they feel sorry for him, because they like him, any number of reasons.
    In an ideal situation the only valid reason for voting for someone would be because you think they're the best dancer, but as long as there are no conditions put upon votes you will always have people voting for whatever reason they so choose.
    That's the nature of the beast when the public gets to vote.
    I don't think the judges always mark strictly on how well someone dances, look at the marks Kelly got in the finale last season.
    Even the professionals can be swayed.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-24-2006 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unluckyeddie View Post

I am thinking that this week's episode will feature fewer than 4 points from Len...I think he knows that the viewers are voting to keep P there so the less points the judges give, then it might make a differente.

+ Reply to Thread