+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: P.Miller (AKA Master P) - Celebrity Dancer

FORT Newbie

Hey, what's up this "rap" crowd, "votes from the ghetto" stuff?"

While I agree that P is being a jackhole and that his whole "I-am-allegedly-doing-this-for-the-Katrina-survivors-but-refuse-to-actually-put-myself-out-there-and-try" schtick is a little lame, I disagree that his continued existence on the show is due to all the ghetto-dwelling, rap lovers who apparently make up a significant part of the viewing audience. (Yeah, right.)

That makes no sense.

First, if you like rap, you probably are not a fan of Master P. He raps about as well as he ballroom dances. I am orginally from New Orleans, my sister was one of his back-up dancers, and we all thought he was a living, breathing offense against music.

Second, if you are from the ghetto, then you are from the ghetto. Nothing else logically follows from that as to how you would vote or whether you would even watch D-list stars attempt to ballroom dance.

Just because P purports to appeal to a certain demographic doesn't mean that he actually does. And just because you happen to urban, poor, or ethnic doesn't mean you will vote blindly for someone without regard to their skill level or attitude. I mean, some people might, but enought to affect the results? Unlikely.

So, my thought is that if there is any "discrimination" going on, it is from the people who assume that the sole reason P didn't get booted is because "those people," (i.e., the poor, black, and urban) are racist, tastless, and ignorant.

They are many reasons why P might still be around. For example: (1) pity votes, (2) Katrina-related sympathy, (3) comic relief, (4) entertainment value, or (5) support from P/Romeo fans. Or a combination all of the above that creates a perfect storm suckitude that allows individually reasonable people to make collectively bad decisions.

Very good post, Turtlerock! And to FORT, by the way!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

They are many reasons why P might still be around. For example: (1) pity votes, (2) Katrina-related sympathy, (3) comic relief, (4) entertainment value, or (5) support from P/Romeo fans. Or a combination all of the above that creates a perfect storm suckitude that allows individually reasonable people to make collectively bad decisions.
    Hilarious first post, turtlerock! Welcome to the FORT...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by turtlerock View Post
    So, my thought is that if there is any "discrimination" going on, it is from the people who assume that the sole reason P didn't get booted is because "those people," (i.e., the poor, black, and urban) are racist, tastless, and ignorant.

Excellent. For the life of me I could never figure out why people would think that rap fans would be watching a ballroom dancing show, or if they happened to catch it while their mom was watching, why they would be wasting their time voting. I personally think it's entertainment value/pot stirring that's keeping P in place.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

turtlerock, you make excellent points. You rock!
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Perhaps people are voting for him, just to see him suffer. He obviously isn't enjoying himself. I just hate to see what Ashley is having to endure.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTwin View Post
    Perhaps people are voting for him, just to see him suffer.
    or they're masochist and get pleasure for the suffering they get by watching him "dance" (and I use that term very, very loosly)

Quote Originally Posted by turtlerock View Post
    While I agree that P is being a jackhole and that his whole "I-am-allegedly-doing-this-for-the-Katrina-survivors-but-refuse-to-actually-put-myself-out-there-and-try" schtick is a little lame, I disagree that his continued existence on the show is due to all the ghetto-dwelling, rap lovers who apparently make up a significant part of the viewing audience. (Yeah, right.)
    I think he is hypocritical as well. If he were really doing it for these people and to have someone in the ghetto to look up to, you'd think he'd go out there, with the dance shoes, and pull out the best performance he could possibly muster. But he doesn't even give a quarter inch of a try! Because of this, in my mind, he's fake.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

FORT Fogey
    Problem is they have the skill levels so out of whack with the celebrities. P is horrid at dancing and while I do not fault him for that I fault him that he does not don the appropriate attire and really show his hood as he calls it going full force with something. Drew and Stacy are so much higher in skill level than P and that Kenny guy that is is ridiculous. They either need to put all contestants on P's level and see who works the hardest and improves or all on Stacy and Drew's level and make it a competition. This is just who gets the most votes until the Stacy/Drew finale show.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saige View Post
    Problem is they have the skill levels so out of whack with the celebrities. P is horrid at dancing and while I do not fault him for that I fault him that he does not don the appropriate attire and really show his hood as he calls it going full force with something. Drew and Stacy are so much higher in skill level than P and that Kenny guy that is is ridiculous. They either need to put all contestants on P's level and see who works the hardest and improves or all on Stacy and Drew's level and make it a competition. This is just who gets the most votes until the Stacy/Drew finale show.

Great ideas! Can you imagine a group of people who dance like P or Kenny Mayne??? Not Likely!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread