+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: P.Miller (AKA Master P) - Celebrity Dancer

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I could actually see school classes (multiple schools) banding together, agreeing to vote for him, to drive everybody crazy. "School projects", if you will. Stranger things have happened!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat View Post
    actually, one of the networks DID use to show porfessional ballroom dancing years ago. I watched it every time.

Yep, it used to air every year on PBS and then, for some reason, they stopped. For a long while, the host was Juliette Prowse--I think I'm dating myself for even knowing who Juliette Prowse is. It was fascinating to watch because those professionals could really kick some @ss on the dance floor. And the costumes were ridiculous.

Watching the show was akin to watching any other afficianado group (band or theater nerds, pageant kids, sci-fi convention geeks, etc.) who dedicated so much time to a hobby--a train wreck, yet you can't look away. Ah, I miss it.

Speaking of train wreck, maybe I'm sadistic, but I really hope P stays in. Not only is he fun to watch, but it's making me laugh a lot to see how incensed people are about him staying in. The fact that people are getting so burned up about this ridiculousness is truly absurd. It's a stupid reality show for God's sake.

I think it's a shame P isn't taking this as seriously as the other contestants.
    When they showed the film of him in Utah I thought he came across as a really nice, a lot warmer and funnier than I expected.
    I'd like to root for him, but can't because he just isn't putting in the effort the others are.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    I think it's a shame P isn't taking this as seriously as the other contestants.
    When they showed the film of him in Utah I thought he came across as a really nice, a lot warmer and funnier than I expected.
    I'd like to root for him, but can't because he just isn't putting in the effort the others are.
    I feel exactly the same way!!! Well said!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Ok, I taped the show from last night and just watched the debacle that was P and Ashley. I'd like to point out how very diplomatic Ashley was when discussing P's training. That said - that was a HORRIBLE exhibition. Poor Ashley was giving it her all, extremely professional. As for P - if he didn't want to make an effort, why the holy hell did he agree to do the damn show?
    And, he doesn't even have enough sense to be embarrassed about his performance - all that havering about his latest album.

Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Newbie
    Does it feel weird to anyone to have P off the show? Don't get me wrong, I thought he should have been gone after that first week and I'm so glad he finally is. (I actually screamed and jumped out of my seat when they announced he was gone.) But now that the initial euphoria has worn off it just feels kind of strange. After all what are we going to grouse about now? Oh well, I'll get over it. I'm just so glad my home girl Tia is still in this. I was really worried about her when she ended up in the bottom two again and I would have been so ticked if she went home.

I have read all of the post about P. Miller, I don't get the out and out dislike for the guy..........It's not his fault that he can't dance, let's remember he replaced his son at that last minute........So it's not like he had allotted a certain amount of time to do this, so it was just a work around his schudule sort of thing........The public is the one who kept voting for him to stay, Yes he should have been gone the first week I agree 100%....But to say he didn't try is crazy I saw improvement in him from the first week.....One thing I can say for P.Miller alot of men wouldn't have gone on TV to knowing they can't dance, it was always rumored that P and his son have a very special bond.....I know if I only had a week to practice and couldn't dance a lick, I don't know if I would have done it.............

Oh I don't know, the producers of the show knew from the get go that P couldn't dance. How do we know he was actually voted off or if his continued appearance on the show wasn't a publicity stunt? He shouldn't have been on the show to begin with. I've seen enough reality shows to know it's not always as it appears, or as we are led to believe.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    I have read all of the post about P. Miller, I don't get the out and out dislike for the guy..........It's not his fault that he can't dance, let's remember he replaced his son at that last minute........So it's not like he had allotted a certain amount of time to do this, so it was just a work around his schudule sort of thing........The public is the one who kept voting for him to stay, Yes he should have been gone the first week I agree 100%....But to say he didn't try is crazy I saw improvement in him from the first week.....One thing I can say for P.Miller alot of men wouldn't have gone on TV to knowing they can't dance, it was always rumored that P and his son have a very special bond.....I know if I only had a week to practice and couldn't dance a lick, I don't know if I would have done it.............
    Yes he ALMOST didn't try. While others were putting HOURS and HOURS practicing he did very few in between. IMO if you commited to something (by contract or not) you have to do the best you can. He didn't. His childish rant about "not putting ballroom shoes for noone.".. Gimme a break! It's like playing a futboll in high heels.

Jerry Rice on the other hand is a REAL role model for the "hood" showing you can achieve anything you want IF you put time and efforts. And have fun doing it.
    Last edited by Justafan1; 01-28-2006 at 09:41 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    No More Whining, Crying, and Complaining Because P Is NotThumping Around!!! Final question........was it the judges or the public?????

was it the judges or the public?????
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread