+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: P.Miller (AKA Master P) - Celebrity Dancer

FORT Regular
    I am just sick of seeing Master P. But, I have a feeling that he is not getting those many votes over the others that were dismissed. I think it is POLITICS. ABC is keeping him in for drama and high ratings that's all. They will probably keep him in for 2 more weeks or so. Then they will drop George Hamilton and then go from there. After last year, you can just about see where ABC is coming from. POLITICS! POLITICS!

FORT Newbie
    I agree that he needs to go, and I also dislike the way he keeps using things like Katrina and his dead great aunt to garner sympathy from the audience. Still, I don't think any of us knows what P may or may not have done to actually assist the folks in New Orleans. It's his home town, and I'm guessing that he's probably done as much as he can to help his friends and family and community there
    Not that it has anything to do with his dancing ability (or lack thereof) or whether he should be voted to stay or go, but he has indeed done much for Katrina victims, so it is not just something he's throwing out there to get votes. If his organization gets donations because of his appearance, I think that's definitely a good thing:

http://www.teamrescueone.com/

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, Ruthless Babe.
    It is good to know that he is genuine when he brings up the subject of the hurricane victims.
    I actually like him a whole lot more now I know his name is Percy too

FORT Fan
    I can't help but think that people are keeping P in to make the show look bad... But, I'm cynical that way.

Quote Originally Posted by spiffy View Post
    I can't help but think that people are keeping P in to make the show look bad... But, I'm cynical that way.
    or to prove that the general public is that stupid.

He should find another avenue to promote his cause!

Unfortunately that is the big reason why some celebrities do these shows not just for fun or personal challenge .....if there was a monatary prize he could donate that to his cause or better yet donate the appearance fee he is likely getting!

some of these comment

i think people here are taking this "Dancing with Celebrities" thing a little too seriously.

do you really think this show would be anywhere near entertaining to the vast majority of people if it wasn't for horrible dancers like Evander Holyfield and people like Master P

this is not American Idol, there are no stakes involved, no ultimate prize, this is not really about talent, it's pure entertainment and people should take it for strickly entertainment and get some laughs out of it.

Master P is not playing a 'Katrina Card' ...nobody forced him to be there, we all know he's not a dancer...he knows it, what he provides is laughs and great footage for Kimmel and others, IMO

and maybe just maybe, people are voting for his partner Ashley to go further

If ABC or another network made a show called "Ballroom Dancing" and pros just sat there danced and got judged, NOBODY would watch it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Well put, Dogg.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    He should find another avenue to promote his cause!

Unfortunately that is the big reason why some celebrities do these shows not just for fun or personal challenge .....if there was a monatary prize he could donate that to his cause or better yet donate the appearance fee he is likely getting!
    He doesn't have a cause. "Representin'" is nonsense code talk to convince people he's in touch, thus causing them to buy more CDs.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
    and maybe just maybe, people are voting for his partner Ashley to go further

I've thought this a lot of times. I think she is well liked. Ashley won a lot of hearts in the first go-around, and people may be just voting for her, not him. She's becoming a 'celebrity' from doing this show.

I think the pro dancers can also hurt their stars. I believe that one reason that Trista left first in the first season was because Louis was so slimy and not just because she was not well-liked, although that obviously played a part in it too. And with new pro dancers this season we are starting from scratch getting to know them, where the pros from last season we already know and like/dislike.

+ Reply to Thread