+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: George Hamilton-Celebrity dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees View Post
    I totally agreed with what Carrie Anne said, that George is skating by on charm and connecting with the audience rather than actual dancing talent. He bugs me.

Give me "charm" vs. "disrespectful behavior" any day of the week!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees View Post
    I totally agreed with what Carrie Anne said, that George is skating by on charm and connecting with the audience rather than actual dancing talent. He bugs me.
    He's the most entertaining part of the show, at this point. I've never been a big GH fan, but I'm so thankful he's still in the competition and gives me a reason to tune in again this week, even after I said I'd boycott after Kenny left.

xoxo
    George is freaken ENTERTAINING; the BEST personality of the show! .

i love watching him and Edyta dance...full of gimmicks, style, and charm! love his antics as well ...can't help but love him.

each week, my favorite performances has always been George/Edyta's (following by Jerry/Anna's) because they are just soooo entertaining to watch and enjoyable! like George said, "it's all about the entertainment" on the dance-floor. fully agreed!
    "There is no shame in going out fighting and getting your ass kicked, but there is no honor in not fighting at all." - The Undertaker

xoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    He's the most entertaining part of the show, at this point. I've never been a big GH fan, but I'm so thankful he's still in the competition and gives me a reason to tune in again this week, even after I said I'd boycott after Kenny left.
    This show would have been way too intense without George's humor. he's always making people laugh and is enjoying himself with always a smile on his face
    "There is no shame in going out fighting and getting your ass kicked, but there is no honor in not fighting at all." - The Undertaker

This man is just annoying. Please go away soon, George.

I also enjoy watching George dance with Edyta. Although he won't and shouldn't go too much father, I believe he definitely outdanced Tia last week. He knows his limitations and takes it all with good humor.

I also think he's doing extremely well for someone, of any age, who is recovering from recent a recent knee injury and fractured ribs.

I believe Lisa should go next since I find her upper body movement very stiff although her hip movement is good. George and Jerry in one order or another after that, although I like both of them.

Final two based on dance alone, in my opinion, should be Stacie and Drew.

xoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I believe Lisa should go next since I find her upper body movement very stiff although her hip movement is good. George and Jerry in one order or another after that, although I like both of them.

Final two based on dance alone, in my opinion, should be Stacie and Drew.
    i agree with you! Lisa/Louie should be voted off before George/Edyta.
    Between him and Jerry...well, i love them both, so it's hard for me to see both of them go. for that, it doesn't matter which one be voted off before the other: George, the show's comic relief, or Jerry, Mr. Class Act. (oh yeah, plus, both Edyta and Anna are my only favorite pro female dancers of the show...so it's going to be twice as hard for me to see both of the couple go )

and yes, the final two should be Stacy/Tony and Drew/Cheryl.
    Last edited by Hugsnkis321; 02-06-2006 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugsnkis321 View Post
    i agree with you! Lisa/Louie should be voted off before George/Edyta.
    Between him and Jerry...well, i love them both, so it's hard for me to see both of them go. for that, it doesn't matter which one be voted off before the other: George, the show's comic relief, or Jerry, Mr. Class Act. (oh yeah, plus, both Edyta and Anna are my only favorite pro female dancers of the show...so it's going to be twice as hard for me to see both of the couple go )

and yes, the final two should be Stacy/Tony and Drew/Cheryl.
    Jerry = class act
    George = comic relief
    Lisa = can actually dance

I kinda think the one who can dance should stay.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

xoxo
    like Tom said, "for the next 2 week...i know we are not gonna laugh as much because [Geroge] has brought such joy to this show and we are so appreciative of it." i agree with Tom's comment because i really don't see myself laughing that much since the comic-relief/entertainer, Mr. George Hamilton, has been voted off.
    however, i do thank him for all the great laughs/comic relief that he has provided for us; the show just wouldn't be the same without him and his fun sense of humor.

i miss him already ! same with Edyta: she was my favorite pro female dancer! Geroge/Edyta was indeed THE funny/comic-relief couple of this show!

FORT Fogey
    I'm old enough to have seen GH come and go in movies and TV. I never liked him. The whole tan-schtick didn't do it for me.

However, after watching him on this show, I've done a 180. He has an outstanding sense of humor and he gives it his all even though he knows he won't win. At his age, I'm sure his appearance on the show won't catapult him into any great acting roles, so I gotta believe that he is on the show for the sheer opportunity to entertain, have some fun, and do something a little different.

Maybe I would have appreciated him earlier on if I had known what a great guy he seems to be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast