+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Samantha Harris - Co-host

FORT Fanatic

Samantha Harris - Co-host

From ABC.com

A seasoned journalist, Harris is a correspondent with E! Entertainment Television's E! News and THS Investigates. She has served as host for a number of entertainment and news programs, including Extra, Fox's The Next Joe Millionaire and AMC Access. Her acting credits include roles in such films as Disney's D3: The Mighty Ducks, George of the Jungle and Beautiful. A few of her television credits include Surviving Gilligan's Island and CSI.
    Last edited by Burntcrow; 01-08-2006 at 11:54 AM.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jman79 View Post
    I guess Lisa got the boot:

mediaweek.com

Samantha Harris Named Co-Host of Dancing With the Stars:
    E! Entertainment correspondent Samantha Harris (E! News) has been named co-host of ABC’s returning Dancing With the Stars. Effective, Friday, Jan. 6, Harris and Tom Bergeron will co-host the live half-hour results show, which combines the scores from the audience and judges and one couple is eliminated.
    I guess that I'm a little behind on things, especially this show.
    Can anyone tell me why the other hosts, I forgot her name is not longer the other co-host of the show? My husband and I kinda liked her and felt that she did and excellent job. Just curious.

FORT Fanatic
    I have no clue. I kinda was wondering the same thing.It is Lisa Canning. I assume they didn't renew her contract, I can't imagine her not wanting to do the show.

They know the show is a hit, and even though Lisa is attractive. I think they are trying to spice it up a little and probably looking for a little more personality and "eye candy"

I only watched parts of the first season and even though Lisa is good. She is kinda forgettable(she doesn't really stand out) I know I am kinda contradcting(sp) myself.

Well, according to CBS.com, Canning was recently added to the cast of Y&R. That may have something to do with it. Maybe she felt like she couldn't do both.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by rilond View Post
    My husband and I kinda liked her and felt that she did and excellent job. Just curious.
    I actually thought she did a really poor job, but so did Tom B. and he's still there. Just my opinion.

Tom B. is an $@&munch, but really the host is less relevant to the show than the cheesy music, the over-the-top judging comments and the mere fact that these Grade B (or less) celebs are served up as if they actually matter. The shows formula is such that a talking piece of broccoli could host.

A good co-host I think could actually improve the show more than replacing Bergeron, because it appears to be the co-host's role to actually talk to the celebs (whereas the host just kind of blusters, introduces and leads into commercials). While it's a bit much to hope for intelligent or relevant conversations with the stars, at a minimum a decent co-host might as least know when to shut up and let someone with an interesting personality (like John O'Hurley) talk on, and when to interrupt. A bad co-host won't have any judgement, although I suppose a good director on the other end of an earpiece helps.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    A good co-host I think could actually improve the show more than replacing Bergeron, because it appears to be the co-host's role to actually talk to the celebs (whereas the host just kind of blusters, introduces and leads into commercials). While it's a bit much to hope for intelligent or relevant conversations with the stars, at a minimum a decent co-host might as least know when to shut up and let someone with an interesting personality (like John O'Hurley) talk on, and when to interrupt. A bad co-host won't have any judgement, although I suppose a good director on the other end of an earpiece helps.
    I thought that was a good post. I always assumed that co-host were equal. I only saw parts of last season, but now that I think about it Tom was the host and Lisa was the co-host(I think)

I agree Tom is not a good host. I don't know if they didn't renew Lisa's contract, but I would bet on it. I really don't think it would conflict with her schedule. What they should of done in my opinion was leave Lisa as host, because she has a more objective personality(cause I think she is good). I don't get E! so I don't what kind of personality Samantha Harris has, but if she has an engaging personality, it was a good move.

They should just leave Tom at AFHV.

Ryan Seacrest has a good personality and has an engaging personality. He also knows hot banter wtih the judges. As well, as show some compassion to the idols. Now I understand why he is getting so many gigs.

FORT Fanatic
    I like Lisa Canning better.

FORT Fan
    Is it just me or did last night she messed up the scores twice?? She said that the score were out of 34 two times instead of the actual 30. Either that or my ears are playing tricks on me.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lurker~ View Post
    Is it just me or did last night she messed up the scores twice?? She said that the score were out of 34 two times instead of the actual 30. Either that or my ears are playing tricks on me.
    I definitely heard her say "out of 34" once (to Tatum, I think).
    Wag more, bark less

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast