+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Samantha Harris - Co-host

Re: Samantha Harris - Co-host

She is not a good host. I cringe every time she makes another inappropriate comment. I don't like watching her try to interact with the cast or with Tom. Ugh! I've had enough. BRING BACK DREW! He was really entertaining with Tom, and got the dancers and celebrities to be more open and have more fun in the backstage interviews. Please ABC, no more Samantha.

Also, it's pretty interesting that every post here (or nearly? I didn't count) is a vote against Samantha as the host.....and if you look at Tom's thread, [Ievery single post (I read them) sings Tom's praises. Hmmmmm......

FORT Newbie

Awww... she is endearing to me in a bumbling sort of way. My fear is that she'd be replaced with someone worse! Cat Deeley is a real standout as a female host (or whatever her job title is). Love her. Did any of you see the host for the movie directing show (the Spielberg one). She was a true disaster and made Samantha seem postively golden by comparison.

Re: Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas - Season 8

I happen to like Samantha a lot. When Drew Lachey took over the co-hosting, I couldn't watch. He had no energy and just looked extremely uncomfortable. Sure, Samantha makes gaffes sometimes, but she comes across as bubbly and interested in the stars'. The gal who was co-host on season 1 was really bad. That's why they brought in Samantha who does a good job in her role, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3397181;
    I happen to like Samantha a lot. When Drew Lachey took over the co-hosting, I couldn't watch. He had no energy and just looked extremely uncomfortable. Sure, Samantha makes gaffes sometimes, but she comes across as bubbly and interested in the stars'. The gal who was co-host on season 1 was really bad. That's why they brought in Samantha who does a good job in her role, IMO.
    I've only watched the last 3 seasons so I didn't know of any other co hosts but I think Samantha does just fine.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3397181;
    I like Samantha a lot, too. I agree, she does come across as bubbly and interested in the stars. As well as sympathetic when the stars receive mean comments/bad scores from the judges. I thought Drew was okay as co-host, but I prefer Samantha. I didn't see season 1, so I can't comment on that co-host.

FORT Fan

I'm not a big Samantha fan but I wouldn't want Drew Lachey to take over as co host. He grates on my last nerve, like chalk on a blackboard.

FORT Fogey

I'm not a huge Samantha fan, but I don't hate her either. I think that a big part of her problem is that she's standing next to Tom Beggeron. I think that for the most part with reality show hosts, they're not great or horrible, they're just there. Because they're "narrating" if you will, people can get frustrated by them because they're taking away from the action. Samantha has the misfortune of working with one of the few people who I'd say has absolutely MASTERED the art of hosting such a show. Instead of being wall paper and an interruption, Tom really adds something to the show. It's not that Samantha is that bad -- it's just that Tom is that very good. Next to him, most anyone would look like a dud.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I loved it when Drew Lachey took over. Sometimes watching Samantha can be painful. But she's good for a laugh at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3397254;
    It's not that Samantha is that bad -- it's just that Tom is that very good. Next to him, most anyone would look like a dud.
    That is absolutely true. Samantha can be a little flubtacular at times, but nothing that couldn't be overlooked if she weren't partnered with the master of light-entertainment hosting.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Yes, I do loveeee TOM! I have to agree that Samantha is aggravating at times, but I can definitely tolerate her for the most part.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

+ Reply to Thread