+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Samantha Harris - Co-host

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Re: Samantha Harris - Co-host

I thought she was innapropriate again last night. She also has a bad habit of walking in front of people on screen. I'm not sure what they can do to fix it, but it's very awkward.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2640037;
    I thought she was innapropriate again last night. She also has a bad habit of walking in front of people on screen. I'm not sure what they can do to fix it, but it's very awkward.
    What they could do to fix it is get a different co-host. She's been on this show long enough that if she was going to get any better at it, she would have already.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;2649008;
    What they could do to fix it is get a different co-host. She's been on this show long enough that if she was going to get any better at it, she would have already.
    Really.

Tom Bergeron is a real pro, and I enjoy his humor. I don't think there are many out there who could do so well with a live show.

Samantha Harris, on the other hand, is very much not up the challenge of live tv. Not only is she amateurish in terms of what she says, but she has a grating speaking voice. And frankly it's not as if she is eye candy enough to make up for it. I think she would be better off going back on maternity leave and use the break to find a gig that suits her better.

I did like the humour between Drew and Tom better. They really made me laugh and now with Samantha co hosting and reading this thread I suddenly realised that since she is back I did not laugh.
    Crazy Foreign Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Marlene-NL;2654666;
    I did like the humour between Drew and Tom better. They really made me laugh and now with Samantha co hosting and reading this thread I suddenly realised that since she is back I did not laugh.
    I did too Marlene. . .There was real "chemistry" between Drew and Tom. Drew would feed off of Tom and visa versa, this is not so much the case with Samantha.

Bring back Drew! He has a natural humor - like Tom's and doesn't have to desperately look at cue cards before each celebrity post dance interview. She comes off as cardboard and her questions are inane. Drew used to crack me (and the other celebrities) up.

FORT Fan

i agree with the comment that a former DWTS celeb dancer should be the interviewer so they could relate more to the stars and be more sympathetic. the stars have put themselves into a vulnerable position by coming on the show and the last thing they need is some snarky comments or questions from one of the hosts...was this the reason they had samantha and tom dance a couple of seasons ago? to make them more sympathetic to the participants--wow, that would actually make some sense of why they performed dances on the show.. unfortunately, that didn't seem to work with samantha. overall, i like samantha, i just think she rushed back a little soon after having her baby and i definately do not like some of her questions and the tone with which they're asked.

FORT Fan

her question to sabrina about mark's mom helping her implied she may have gottten some unfair help when, in fact, it has been the norm to bring in family members and other pro dancers to help. i, who used to watch pro ballroom dancing competitions religiously, have seen mark's parents compete. i was thrilled to see shirley ballas again. and, i would have loved seeing mark's dad get involved with a future dance. that question made me really mad at samantha and i don't think mark appreciated it either, but, sabrina handled it quite well.

FORT Regular

Re: Samantha Harris-New co-host

Quote Originally Posted by whitecat;2606934;
    Nothing against Samantha, but I'm really going to miss Drew as a co-host. He made me laugh out loud at the show and he had great chemistry with Tom. Plus, he could identify with the dancers as a former participant.

For me, it will feel like something is missing next week.
    I agree I really liked Drew he was very light hearted and funny. I like Samantha but I think she is really stiff....a sense of humor, while chatting with the dancers doesn't seem to come easy to her, it seems forced and uncomfortable.

Bring back Drew! Samantha is terrible - she can't think well on her feet without a script and has very little sense of humor. She seems very uncomfortable and doesn't seem to be getting better, even though this is what - her third year! Drew had the ability to be spontaneous, reacted well to comments from the stars, and had a quick wit. What are they thinking to keep this woman. She seems to be a pretty talking head and that's about it (especially when you compare her with Cat from So You Think You can Dance).

+ Reply to Thread