+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Samantha Harris - Co-host

Re: Samantha Harris - Co-host

Samantha is very attractive and I'm sure she's a nice person, the problem is that Drew showed how much better a person can do her job. She not only doesn't ADD anything to the show, often times she brings a negative vibe with her strange comments.

I think she is absolutely beautiful ( in real life too) but, she says the tackiest things. She has no "grace" or ability to make small-talk that isn't insulting or inappropriate. It's like her mouth moves before her brain engages. I remember Emmitt Smith used to get upset with the insensitive questions and comments, so this isn't new.

Drew may not have been perfect, but geez, he only had a few shows under his belt and he was getting better and better. At least he didn't suffer from foot-in-mouth disease like Samantha
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2626916;
    I think she is absolutely beautiful ( in real life too) but, she says the tackiest things. She has no "grace" or ability to make small-talk that isn't insulting or inappropriate. It's like her mouth moves before her brain engages. I remember Emmitt Smith used to get upset with the insensitive questions and comments, so this isn't new.

Drew may not have been perfect, but geez, he only had a few shows under his belt and he was getting better and better. At least he didn't suffer from foot-in-mouth disease like Samantha

You captured my thoughts precisely. I like Samanth and have supported her hoping she'd get better, but when she asked Marie if she faked fainting, I was mortified. Even if Marie did fake it (which I doubt she did or else her butt wouldn't have been facing the camera!!!), it's just a completely inapppropriate question. Duh!

She does need to learn how to be spontaneous but tactfully so!

FORT Regular

Re: Samantha Harris-New co-host

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2607006;
    Is it just me or does anyone else think it is too soon to leave a newborn? Jeez, most places give you at least 6 weeks. Hasn't it been like 3 or maybe 4 weeks since she had the baby? I'll miss drew, he was settling in nicely.
    I was totally thinking that (and then trying not to be judgemental!) Not to mention, this early on with each of my babies I was WAY TOO TIRED to go out and do anything extra, whether it was for work or for fun.

Although, they originally said in the pg announcement that she would be back to host right when the season started so I guess maybe she at least took more time than she planned to?
    Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06

Lovin' TAR, AI, DWTS, & TC!

FORT Regular

Re: Samantha Harris-New co-host

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2607009;
    Well, it's not like she's doing a 9-5 job. She can bring the baby on the set during makeup and basically just have it in another room while the show is on. Heck, she can probably nurse during "interviews".
    Oh. That's a really good point!
    Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06

Lovin' TAR, AI, DWTS, & TC!

Wow every DWTS related board I visit it seems alot of people hate Samantha. What's up with that? While she's not as good Tom, I don't really have a problem with her.

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;2628730;
    Wow every DWTS related board I visit it seems alot of people hate Samantha. What's up with that? While she's not as good Tom, I don't really have a problem with her.
    Some of us just think she does a horrible job for the reasons we've stated. For myself I'm sure she's a very nice person.

to the Fort, Lillie! It's always wonderful seeing new faces around here.

I haven't watched this show for quite some time - I prefer to get my DWTS through MotherSister and Froggy recaps. But it is clear that Samantha left no impression on me whatsoever because I had no idea about her fumbles and stumbles. Thanks for posting that terrific article, bbnbama - I especially loved these quotes.
    She also gets overly excited about how desperately each couple needs votes to stay in the competition, framing every telephone call and online vote as a life-or-death situation.

Occasional mistakes are expected and forgivable. Three seasons worth of sputtering is not even a pattern, it's a clearly defined style.

In a now-iconic moment, while teasing an upcoming break, Samantha suddenly started talking as if someone had injected her tongue with too much novocaine, causing her to spontaneously channel Elmer Fudd: "Ooh, well wite after de-de bweak," she said as a bewildered Tom Bergeron turned toward her and started applauding her ridiculousness.

Besides laugh-out-loud moments like that, her hosting is full of grammatical and other errors ("call online," "no hold barred") and various non sequiturs. Most of her backstage conversations have no flow or internal logic. The celebrities deserve credit for not responding to everything she says with a "Huh?"
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

The question about faking fainting just horrified me. I can't believe she said that. She is a lovely looking woman, but socially she seems graceless and that's sad.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2629066;
    The question about faking fainting just horrified me. I can't believe she said that. She is a lovely looking woman, but socially she seems graceless and that's sad.
    Maybe its because those people who dislike her find anything to hate her even more?

About Samantha mentioning the fainting for example, to me it just sounded like she was making a joke about it and I really didn't think it was out of line or rude or anything. But alot of people seemed to have taken offense with her with that.

+ Reply to Thread