+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Samantha Harris - Co-host

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Samantha Harris-New co-host

Link Here

Samantha Harris Delivers Baby Girl
    Published: 9/23/07, 9:45 PM EDT

LOS ANGELES (AP) - "Dancing with the Stars" co-host Samantha Harris has a new star in her life: She gave birth Sunday to a baby girl, her publicist said.

Josselyn Sydney Hess weighed 6 pounds, 12 ounces and was 20 inches long. Both mother and child were doing well, publicist Shara Koplowitz said.

It's the first child for Harris, 33, and her husband Michael Hess, a financial wholesaler.

Harris is also an "E! News" correspondent. Before joining E!, Harris was a weekend host for "Extra." She also has worked as a special correspondent for "Good Morning America" and has sat in as a guest host on "The View."

The fifth season of "Dancing with the Stars" premieres Monday. Who will sit in for Harris remains a mystery.

"They told me we'll just have to wait and see," Koplowitz said. "It's a surprise."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Congrats to Samantha, Michael and baby!

The fifth season of "Dancing with the Stars" premieres Monday. Who will sit in for Harris remains a mystery.
    While Samantha hardly does enough to merit an exhaustive search for a replacement (the backstage interviews is about it), they will do so simply so someone can "throw" to Tom from backstage.

Seeing as how Dancing W.T.S. is predictable, it will likely be an ex-celeb dancer, probably a fan favorite and probably female. So that makes Lisa Rinna the most likely candidate.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2583599;
    While Samantha hardly does enough to merit an exhaustive search for a replacement (the backstage interviews is about it), they will do so simply so someone can "throw" to Tom from backstage.

Seeing as how Dancing W.T.S. is predictable, it will likely be an ex-celeb dancer, probably a fan favorite and probably female. So that makes Lisa Rinna the most likely candidate.
    Yup. That's what I was thinking, too. After all, Lisa is fresh from doing the red carpet at the Emmy's for TV Guide, so she has her spokesmodel/TV correspondent thing down.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Congratulations but I wish she was there instead of Drew. He's horrible.

Nothing against Samantha, but I'm really going to miss Drew as a co-host. He made me laugh out loud at the show and he had great chemistry with Tom. Plus, he could identify with the dancers as a former participant.

For me, it will feel like something is missing next week.
    Don't let your stinky cheese in a suitcase become your big fork and spoon. - Marie Romano

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by whitecat;2606934;
    Nothing against Samantha, but I'm really going to miss Drew as a co-host. He made me laugh out loud at the show and he had great chemistry with Tom. Plus, he could identify with the dancers as a former participant.

For me, it will feel like something is missing next week.
    I agree. Drew really brought something to the show that no one else could. Now that Cheryl is out, I'd even like to see a show that neither Tom nor Samantha could do that Drew and Cheryl could fill in as a team!

I'm disappointed Samantha's coming back next week.
    Drew was a little wooden at first, but I think he's really eased into the role beautifully now.
    He's so at ease with the contestants and I find him very personable and funny.
    Samantha bores me.
    I don't feel she has any rapport with the dancers.
    I find her quite the dud.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Number me amongst those who will miss Drew. I thought he improved considerably over the past few weeks, plus he apparently has the ability to think on his feet (not to mention take a punch), unlike a certain returning spokesmodel.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

What is the new show that was mentioned which Drew will be hosting? Anybody know when it will start?

+ Reply to Thread