+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Samantha Harris - Co-host

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Samantha Harris-New co-host

Dancing with the Stars Host Samantha Harris Expecting a Baby

Dancing with the Stars host Samantha Harris is expecting a baby, she tells PEOPLE exclusively.

Harris says she decided to reveal the good news after many people started wondering if she'd gotten plastic surgery.

"My publicist was getting calls about it, my family got calls about it," Harris, says, laughing. "I did not get a boob job, but I have put on a little weight because I am happy to finally say I am pregnant."

This will be the first child for Harris, 33, who is also an E! Entertainment news correspondent, and husband Michael, a financial wholesaler. The couple recently bought their first home in Los Angeles and are readying a nursery for the baby's fall arrival.

"Things are great and we heard the heart beat for the first time," Harris says of her pregnancy, which won't interfere with her hosting duties this season or next.

"I love this show so much I didn't want to miss a single second," says Harris, who is expected to make a formal announcement on Tuesday's live telecast of Dancing with the Stars.

Dancing with the Stars Host Samantha Harris Expecting a Baby | Pregnancy, Dancing With the Stars : People.com
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I wish her (and her husband, of course) the very best with the baby. And, I continue to wish they'll replace her on DWTS. I don't care for her either here, or on her E! assignments. Still, a baby is a baby .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Not over yet.....

so, how do we get rid of this chick? Petitions? Calling ABC? letter writing? I can't take her butchering anymore. She has HIGHLIGHTED INDEX CARDS and she can't handle her job. Time to move on.

FORT Fogey

I like her, but she's green, to be sure. Give here another season and she'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2357327;
    I like her, but she's green, to be sure. Give here another season and she'll be good.
    Samantha Harris isn't green at either co-hosting DWtS or in co-hosting other tv shows -- she's a very experienced co-host and host of several tv shows, charity events, and other public events.. in addition to being a co-host on DWtS since 2005. Just an excerpt from her bio:

"As seasoned entertainment news journalist and TV personality, Samantha Harris may be best-known for co-hosting ABC's hit series, "Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I) - which averages more than 30 million viewers weekly. She also has a strong international fan base, since Harris is seen in over 120 countries in 600 million homes on E! Entertainment Television. In addition to writing, producing and reporting daily for "E! News" (1998), she co-hosts the network's live award-show coverage for the Oscars, Golden Globes and Emmys. Samantha has also added "THS Investigates", a spin-off series from the producers of The E! True Hollywood Story, to her hosting duties. Morning show viewers have also enjoyed Samantha's contributions as a special correspondent on ABC's "Good Morning America" (1975).

Prior to joining E!, Harris served as the weekend co-host for the nationally syndicated entertainment news magazine "Extra" (1994), where she interviewed hundreds of celebrities. As a full-time correspondent for the show, Samantha took to the stage performing with Cirque du Soleil, sang a duet with Wayne Newton during his live show in Las Vegas as well as danced her way into the arms of Patrick Swayze backstage while he performed in Chicago. She also launched the first-ever Las Vegas bureau for "Extra" (1994), as the anchor.

Samantha's other hosting credits include Fox's "The Next Joe Millionaire" and "AMC Access", a show produced by NBC's "Access Hollywood" for the AMC network. Additionally, Samantha also served as a guest co-host on ABC's "The View" (1997).

Harris' talents also extend to the stage and screen. Hot off the North American tour "Eric Idle Exploits Monty Python" (where Samantha's comedic, vocal and dance performance electrified audiences at Carnegie Hall, the Hollywood Bowl and other prestigious venues), CBS cast her as America's sweetheart, "Mary Ann", in its made-for-TV movie "Surviving Gilligan's Island". Samantha's other acting credits include: the multi-award winning "Reefer Madness!: The New 'Hit' Musical" (original cast), "Beautiful" and other films.

As a model, Samantha is a three-time cover girl for Muscle & Fitness HERS and has been featured in MAXIM, SELF and SHAPE magazines as well as numerous ads and commercials. As a fitness enthusiast, she loves dancing, kick-boxing, yoga and hiking.

Samantha actively participates in various charity events, including the Revlon Run/Walk and What A Pair, P.S. Arts and Harmony With No Limits."

Samantha Harris (I) - Biography
    Last edited by lildago; 04-29-2007 at 10:04 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I think Samantha is pretty good, she is better than Brooke Burke was on Rock Star. I think Tom can be a good host if he werent trying so damn hard to be funny. Ive seen him on Boston TV before he got big and he has a good personality.

I don't really have an opinion of Samantha on DWtS. She could be better, she could be worse. I don't really pay her much attention, to be honest. I do think Tom is probably one of the best hosts for a show like this. You can't have a host who's personality overwhelms the participants, nor one who fades into the woodwork. Can't have one who fawns all over everyone, celebs and judges alike, nor can you have one who thinks they're better than anyone else on the show. And can't have one who seems stiff or bored or too wacky. You need someone who can keep the show moving lightly along without taking itself too seriously, and someone who any viewer demographic group can find something to like about. So I think Tom is a good host for this show, and the fact that he's very friendly and likeable in real life comes through and gives him some sincerity. Sure, he can be corny at times, but I think he provides just the right touch as the host.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I'm happy for her in her expecting news. I have never cared for her in her role. There's something about her speaking voice and the way she enunciates and stresses her words. And when she tries backstage to get the "inside scoop", I just get tired. Real tired.

Sorry, but I can't stand Samantha at all. She really needs to be replaced.

Not over yet.....

maybe she'll decide to become a stay at home mom and not come back for DWTS-5. This way I wish her well and still don't have to see her on tv anymore.

+ Reply to Thread