+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 7/6 Finale Show Discussion**Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I'm really surprised at how upset so many posters are that John lost.
    I don't think that John losing is what most of us are irked about. It's about ABC's blatant flaunting of dishonesty that has me irked. There is simply no way in anyone's honest stretch of their wildest imagination that the last dance was a perfect-score dance. There were multiple and obvious missteps and errors in Kelly's dance. If it were only one, ok let's forgive them if the rest is good. But it wasn't one, it wasn't two, it was many. It was flawed even to untrained eyes, and I know the judges saw the errors and stumbles. And for that particular dance -- an ABC star, a flawed execution, AND to have come after the non-ABC star's final dance -- to receive all 10's from all three judges who are not idiots or fools... well, ABC may as well have taken out full page color ads in all newspapers in the country and laughed in our faces and admitted they never had any intention of anyone other than an ABC star winning this. That's just how blatant it was.

I'm not stupid, I know reality shows are rigged for drama, entertainment, and providing a winner that suits the producer's purpose. But ABC didn't even make a half-hearted attempt to show any honesty last night. It doesn't really matter who else was in the finals... Kelly was assured to be there from the beginning, and no matter who else was the other celebrity, they would have lost.

Will I watch another season? Yes, I will, because I enjoy the dancing. I love old musicals, and I enjoy watching the dancing on the show. But I won't be dumb enough to buy into the judging part of it next season. I'll know going in that the winner has been selected before the first episode is even shown, so I won't expect anything from that aspect. I'll just tune in to watch the dancing.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I believe Kelly & Alec were more FUN to watch. I think John & Carlotta might have done better if their freestyle dance had been better. It was silly and whimsical. Instead Alec & Kelly moved outside the box and attempted some more difficult moves even if not perfect in the execution.. None of the performances were perfect for that matter but they tried something previously not done.

They were one point ahead without the audience votes! Kelly and Alex "sold it" with their energy and dazzle! John and Caroltta were safe nearly the entire competition and did not go for the gusto!

Great series...look forward to next time. No matter what happens at least 50% are going to be unhappy at the outcome. I just don't understand the sour grapes of some saying "I will not watch again" because a favorite did not win or because they did not that it is RIGGED! As Ryan Seacrest said in IDOL if you are unhappy with the results...YOU HAVE TO VOTE!

FORT Regular
    Another vote for "rigged", but I don't think it had anything to do with which person did better last night. The final out come was already decided before the show even started. There is no way both John and Kelly got the exact same number of phone-in votes from the week before, so someone had to have 2 points to the other person's 1. The show can't end in a tie, so that means Kelly won the phone-in votes. If John had won the phone-in votes, they both would have ended up with 3 points. Since Kelly won the phone votes, John couldn't win the judges' vote, because again that would end in a tie. Basically last nights dancing was pointless as far as determining who won.

If this show has a second season, I think they need to get rid of how the contestants are scored. They need to either go with an "American Idol" type setup where the judges have no say in the outcome, only phone votes, or get rid of the phone votes and have a large panel of judges (20+ dancers, pro-judges, celebs, etc) vote. Straight numbers, no points system.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    I just read over at the abc message boards that Kelly's soap (general hospital I think) promoted her on Dances w/the Stars during that show. Seems like a big boost for votes for her over EVERY other team who didnt have a current show to promote themselves. Feel free to correct me if this is wrong as I am at work during the day and dont watch soaps and therefore don't see such commercials during said soaps.

ETA: Oceanic-air.com is a good site but not for us lowly dial up peeps since I cant get to everything. But still, lost rules. One ABC show that hasn't dissapointed so far anyway.
    I don't watch soaps either, but when I visited the ABC site to vote for John and Charlotte, I noted that they had a picture of Kelly and Alec as the "vote" button for the show.

Just out of curiousity... How many of you have had dance lessons or perform professionally as a dancers? On a daily basis I do work with dancers. First of all, to those of you who think that doing lifts are easy- not as easy as you think.. you 've got the trust issue.. you do have to prep before the lift or else someone will hurt their backs- I personally know a few dancers who can no longer perform as dancers due to numerous injuries.
    John's lift of Charlotta- not very clean, he had difficulty. Their final dance was too safe and boring- Hate the mugging-it shows how untalented you are.
    He kept bragging of how he was going to win and I thought oooh boy that's when you get beat.

Kelly and Alec- I expected the same score after the 1st dance. They did a GREAT job on the Freestyle. I loved the fact that the used the ENTIRE space for their number, it was energetic and very very hot. They were willing to take some risks.
    I do not think this was rigged. It is actually illegal to do so according to the FCC. If you think that this was rigged might as well admit that TAR 7 was rigged too ;-) JMO
    Carey

FORT Fogey
    Maybe it's me, but I seemed to see lots of little "stumbles" and sloppy footwork in Kelly's routines week after week and then I'd be surprised when the judges never mentioned it, so I'm not surprised they gave her all 10's and that she won. This seemed to be pre-determined, if you ask me, because Kelly and BoyToy should have been gone in week 1 or 2. (did anyone else notice last night that at one point Kelly actually kicked his ankle? With those shoes, that must have hurt quite a lot!!)

Oh well, I guess I am done with ABC except for football and then when they lose football, I'll have no reason to pay extra to get ABC on my satellite....

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    I was actually more thrilled with the commercial for Oceanic-air.com
    I loved that, too! When I saw the coastline, I thought, "Hey, that looks like the island from Lost!" I love inside jokes, especially when I'm in on them.

About the dancing: Alec dropped Kelly, or she fell, on that last move, and she was off on several steps. No way did that dance deserve 10s when John and Charlotte never got *one* perfect score. I thought that their quick-step should have gotten at least one, and possibly their freestyle. Bah. Oh well, at least John didn't lose anything that important. And he gained a new skill while losing weight. Where do I sign up? Oh, right, there isn't a show called Dancing with Klutzy Unknowns.

I hope that ABC keeps this a summer series, and doesn't kill it by trying to air it in the fall.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Liskiz
    I can't believe so many of you are so hard on Kelly! I think she is great! She made it known that she is not a good dancer and is pretty much a clutz. Considering those two things I think she did great!!

I think she is incredibly cute and saw nothing wrong with her outfits! She is petite and has a great body and all the female dancers were wearing "skimpy" outfits. She picked ones that showed off her assets - mainly her incredibly flat tummy - and I think she looked awesome!

I also think her dance moves were not stripperish! She said more than once that she excels at faster dances, as she is not that graceful, and I think she took that strength and went with it!

Personality wise I also think she is a doll. She stayed postive, upbeat, she's a hard worker - she did her show (GH) and this one (while most of the other "stars" are doing nothing right now), she's funny and knows not too take herself too seriously!

I think she was great to watch and deserved to win! I also liked John and do agree that he was most consistent. But overall and I very glad Kelly won! Sorry for the rant - JMO
    I totally agree with you that Kelly worked with her assets, stayed positive, upbeat and it showed. "GO Kelly"

I really enjoyed the show and didn't really care who won after Trista left. I felt that the judges and voters made the right call on this one. I see no reason for them to have rigged the show. If that was the purpose then why not just let all couples dance for the entire time and then pronounce the winner? I thought that Kelly was terrible for the first couple of weeks. The improvement that she made was great. What might Trista or any of the others have done if they'd had the additional weeks to work on their dancing? But that is all hindsight. Kelly won and she deserved it as much as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    I don't think that John losing is what most of us are irked about. It's about ABC's blatant flaunting of dishonesty that has me irked. There is simply no way in anyone's honest stretch of their wildest imagination that the last dance was a perfect-score dance. There were multiple and obvious missteps and errors in Kelly's dance. If it were only one, ok let's forgive them if the rest is good. But it wasn't one, it wasn't two, it was many. It was flawed even to untrained eyes, and I know the judges saw the errors and stumbles. And for that particular dance -- an ABC star, a flawed execution, AND to have come after the non-ABC star's final dance -- to receive all 10's from all three judges who are not idiots or fools... well, ABC may as well have taken out full page color ads in all newspapers in the country and laughed in our faces and admitted they never had any intention of anyone other than an ABC star winning this. That's just how blatant it was. .

Nemeses, you said exactly what I was thinking.

I tuned into this show late, the week Evander was eliminated, but I got hooked pretty quickly. I know absolutely nothing about ballroom dance, but took it that this show was to be the best dancer they could be (the stars) and to be entertaining. Frankly, I thought John and Charlotte were the best, that they had the best chemistry, and should have won. I foolishly thought they would win. When the judges gave all 10s to Kelly and Alec for what I thought was a total mess full of errors and missteps, I got the picture. Fortunately, I didn't waste any of my time voting on this one.

I, too, will probably watch if they have another season, because the dancing is fun. But, like American Idol, I'm not going to waste any energy caring about who wins.

John and Charlotte have to know they were robbed.

+ Reply to Thread