+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 7/6 Finale Show Discussion**Spoilers**

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by onewally
    The one good thing tonite....the commersh for Boston Legal, returning Aug. 9th. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    I was actually more thrilled with the commercial for Oceanic-air.com (which to people who don't know...that was a subtle commercial for the TV series "Lost"...FYI-Oceanic Air is the airline they were on when it crashed)...I loved the fact that only the people who were Lost fanatics would know what the heck that commercial was about..another subtle reminder of that great series!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Well, I haven't been watching this show since the beginning, but I liked Kelly and Alex better than John and Charlotte. Yeah, John danced better but I just found his routines boring. I much preferred the exciting, more-difficult, fun dance routines by Kelly and Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    I was actually more thrilled with the commercial for Oceanic-air.com (which to people who don't know...that was a subtle commercial for the TV series "Lost"...FYI-Oceanic Air is the airline they were on when it crashed)...I loved the fact that only the people who were Lost fanatics would know what the heck that commercial was about..another subtle reminder of that great series!!!!

I LOVE lost but didn't notice the commercial
    I'm still shocked at the ending..

ok, back to dance
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

I just read over at the abc message boards that Kelly's soap (general hospital I think) promoted her on Dances w/the Stars during that show. Seems like a big boost for votes for her over EVERY other team who didnt have a current show to promote themselves. Feel free to correct me if this is wrong as I am at work during the day and dont watch soaps and therefore don't see such commercials during said soaps.

ETA: Oceanic-air.com is a good site but not for us lowly dial up peeps since I cant get to everything. But still, lost rules. One ABC show that hasn't dissapointed so far anyway.
    Last edited by karen14; 07-07-2005 at 01:42 AM.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    *sighs*...I can't believe Kelly won. I was really hoping John would win it but I guess her fans were too much for his hehe.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

I just heard that some other channel is ripping off this idea but doing it with ice skating. Anyone know anything about that?

Interesting idea and way more potential for serious injuries ;-).
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Regular
    There was no way in heck that Kelly and Alec deserved 10s. Three major mistakes they made - 1) Kelly paused and stood there waiting for Alec to start dancing (so she could match his steps), after they came down off the stairs, 2) she stood there waiting, before running towards him for the lift (where his back was to her), 3) the last lift was sloppy in the end.

Sure, John and Charlotte had 1 moment of sloppiness coming out of the lift - she should have ended with one leg up (as she did w/ Patrick Swayze during the rehearsal clips) but it wasn't that noticeable and it didn't disrupt the flow of the movement.

I didn't think it was possible but John and Charlotte were robbed. The judges knew very well that their scores basically would determine the winner (assuming that the viewer scores were close). It's like how figure skating was scored with ordinals (1st place, 2nd place, etc) rather than tallying the individual scores. I can't believe that professional judges (I think Len and Bruno are?) would give a routine like that a 10. Kelly basically has to do nothing during the lifts except for keep her tummy tight - sure, it's spectacular and neat to watch but takes no skill on her part.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. If it were me, I would have given them maybe an 8, and that's being generous. Tricks are often not as difficult as actual dancing... but that's what the casual viewer likes, I guess.

I'm done with Dancing with the Stars. It's ridiculous.

Miss Griss that skating w/celebrities show will surely be filled with Canadians that learned to skate like US kids learned to swin or ride bikes. Look for Jason Priestly in that one.

I am thrilled with the results. I thought Kelly and Alec had alot more pizazz. It seems the competition came down to Kelly against John and she was better. She came farther in the competition and finished well!

I don't watch GH and did not even know who she was before this show...also did not vote!

IMHO . . .

Congrats to Kelly for having pulled up so well. Her improvement was magnificent.

But do I think she deserved to win?

No.

From where I sit, John and Charlotte appeared to be consistently the best, overall, and as far as I'm concerned, they were robbed.

Don't think I'll be tuning in for a second edition of this show.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread