+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mad Hot Ballroom

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar

Mad Hot Ballroom

Hi all,

I just got home from seeing Mad Hot Ballroom and I HIGHLY suggest it for anyone that is enjoying this show. These 5th graders could teach all of the stars a thing or two! Not only are they doing the real dances, they're doing it to real music (not reconstituted pop music)! I think it's amazing to see kids the transformation these kids go through - it's hard enough to be 10 years old in today's world, but by the end of the movie they conduct themselves with pride and grace, as real ladies and gentlemen.

And also, to tie this in to Dancing with the Stars, professional dancer Charlotte Jorgensen is one of the professional judges at the end of the movie - she really seems to appreciate and enjoy what the kids have achieved.

Go see it! It's definitely worth the ticket price!

Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl
    Hi all,

I just got home from seeing Mad Hot Ballroom and I HIGHLY suggest it for anyone that is enjoying this show. These 5th graders could teach all of the stars a thing or two! Not only are they doing the real dances, they're doing it to real music (not reconstituted pop music)! I think it's amazing to see kids the transformation these kids go through - it's hard enough to be 10 years old in today's world, but by the end of the movie they conduct themselves with pride and grace, as real ladies and gentlemen.

And also, to tie this in to Dancing with the Stars, professional dancer Charlotte Jorgensen is one of the professional judges at the end of the movie - she really seems to appreciate and enjoy what the kids have achieved.

Go see it! It's definitely worth the ticket price!

Tiger
    Just saw it, and LOVED IT! It was a fun movie, and it was amazing to see how those kids that won could move.

I also thought it was exciting that most of the kids on the team that won had a latin background and were maybe finding some pride in their heritage by learning to really get into the latin dance moves (which they did so well and which I think was one of the main reasons they won--although they were totally sophisticated and elegant regardless of the dance style)
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread