+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 6/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom
    I thought I read somewhere that Joey was already married. Sorry, can't remember the reference.
    Yes, Joey is definitely married. There is an interesting story that goes along with it, of which I cannot remember all of the details. But it was along the lines of she was his realtor and she showed him his new house which had the same numbers (address) as the date.. and there are a couple other things that had those same numbers. It was really pretty cool.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Board at work
    Actually I believe the contestants pick out their own costume. Kelly commented on the second show how her costume was so little because she thought she was going to get kicked off the show and wanted to go out with a bang.
    Too bad that didn't happen I kept watching for another wardrobe malfunction, but it didnt happen. Kelly is so whiny and I can't stand all of her excuses "I've never seen the fox trot", "I this and I that..." excuse after excuse after excuse. They should have been cut last night. And if they win over John and Charlotte, I will be

I was dissapointed that Joey and Ashly got the boot too.

The judges are extremely biased and that has shown all season.

Kelly will win due to the fan base and avid GH viewers. It's too bad because she really should have been gone a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    Too bad that didn't happen I kept watching for another wardrobe malfunction, but it didnt happen. Kelly is so whiny and I can't stand all of her excuses "I've never seen the fox trot", "I this and I that..." excuse after excuse after excuse. They should have been cut last night. And if they win over John and Charlotte, I will be
    Whining is saying: "This is too hard. I cannot do it" or "This is hard. I don't want to do it." Kelly says "This is hard. I can't see yet how I am going to pull this off, but I'm going to work my little butt off to get it done". And she does. That is determination--not whining. IMHO

We have all had the dream where we show up for a final test in a class that we don't remember taking (usually in our underwear, or less). Kelly has been facing a weekly test with millions of people grading her, and 5 days before the test, she has never even seen the textbook.

Kelly acknowledges that learning two new dances in a week is an arduous task, and some see that as whining--I see her fighting through until she is ready to perform as spunky and brave.

Kelly is certainly not a perfect dancer, but she has become a very entertaining dancer. I know that I certainly could not approach her level of expertise with just a few days to learn a brand new dance. I am glad that she has prevailed into the finals against John. Their contrasting styles will make for an entertaining contest. I certainly think she is every bit as deserving as the floppy, flailing Joey.

Very revealing outfits seem to be rather standard fare in dance competitions. The costumer for DWtS may be stretching the bounds of good taste with Kelly, but I saw her in one interview relate that she only saw her outfit for the Paso Doble when she arrived at the studio on Wednesday. How can we blame her for wearing what she is directed to wear?

Every celebrity dancing on this show (even Evander) has been both good and bad in various degrees. No one, not even John, has been perfect, but no one has fallen down, or tripped, or forgot all the steps or run off the stage in tears. Rachel was elegant and sexy, John, smooth and suave, Joey, full of energy and enthusiasm, Kelly, spunky and suxy. Evander never fell down and no one bit his ear, and Trista--well Trista smiled a lot. I have been entertained to some degree by each and every one. Yet every one has shown serious flaws. John is sometimes stiff and has missed a few steps; Rachel relied on posing and posturing; Joey as often as not just did some fun stuff that may or may not have been a part of the required dance; Kelly sexed it up maybe too much and was klutzy at times.

So every one was bad sometimes and every one was good sometimes. And we are left with Kelly and John. That's OK.

I am looking forward to the final competition. I don't know what they will dance, but the contrasting styles will make it fun.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    I vowed not to watch this show after the Rachael and Jonathan were voted off, and I didn't hehe. I do however did want to know what happened lol. Kelly is still in!?!? Ughh, BOOT HER!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Primetimetommie
    Whining is saying: "This is too hard. I cannot do it" or "This is hard. I don't want to do it." Kelly says "This is hard. I can't see yet how I am going to pull this off, but I'm going to work my little butt off to get it done". And she does. That is determination--not whining. IMHO

Actually, I used the wrong word: excuses is the appropriate word for Kelly. So if she totally flops, she can say "Well, I never saw the dance before." or "I had to work so many hours, we didn't have time to practice", blah, blah, blah.

John and Charlotte just might take this, I think.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Upperclassman
    Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    I vowed not to watch this show after the Rachael and Jonathan were voted off, and I didn't hehe.
    To a degree, I felt the same way too, DarKen but watched anyway. For your information, Tom Bergeron mentioned that all the dancers will be back next week. You will be able to see your favorites one more time.

FORT Fogey
    I was a fan of Rachael too. I would like to see this show have another season with only judges voting. It is impossible to find "stars" with the same level of viewer recognition. And for god's sake match the heights better. Rachael was at a disavantage with her partner. He was unable to do some of the flashier moves because she was to tall to hurl, twirl or drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    I would like to see this show have another season with only judges voting. It is impossible to find "stars" with the same level of viewer recognition. And for god's sake match the heights better.
    I agree with this. The popularity of the show should guarantee another season AND possibly bigger "stars" signing on. The viewers are mostly uneducated about ballroom dancing and can only make it a popularity contest which ruins the premise of the show.

I would also like to see all of the dancers stay in it and have points totaled at the end. That way they have the opportunity to improve and have good and bad nights even out. A donation to the winner's and runner ups charities of choice would be a good idea too.

+ Reply to Thread