+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 6/29 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by estella_nyc
    Thank God John and Charlotte weren't eliminated - so sad for Joey and Ashly, but I think now they need to start dating because they look like a cute couple.
    As for Kelly, she's a sloppy dancer, and even the judges alluded to why they like her - she makes good use of her 'assets'. My boyfriend said it best: "I don't tell many women that they should put on more clothes, but I would tell her that."
    Good boyfriend
    yeah, is that only when he sees you coming up the walk? just kidding, I'm just not sure I know any man who would want a woman, and that's usually any woman, to put MORE clothes on unless it's their wife or girlfriend, cuz heaven knows you're suppose to dress hot and slinky to catch them, but after that, you dress like a nun and they'll just enjoy the other women who continue to dress hot and slinky.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Aww, I am so upset. The only team with real chemistry, Joey and Ashlee, and my favorites are no longer going to be dancing on my screen.
    While they weren't my favs, I did enjoy Joey and Ashley and I too thought the judges were especially hard on them week after week. Last night, I thought they did a wonderful job on both dances and Ashley is a professional dancer and if there was some discrepancies between versions of the Fox Trot, then the judges should have not been so hard on their critique.

As for Kelly and Alec, I really thought in the first dance that there was a lot of missed footwork and expected the judges to slam them on it, but I guess I just don't know what I'm looking for. Kelly often seemed to be just standing still or taking a couple of baby steps trying to catch up to Alec, but maybe the judges are all too busy watching to see if she can keep her clothes on now....

I'm surprised that I seem to be the only one who doesn't enjoy watching Joey and Ashley dance. Ashley is chubby and wears ugly costumes. Joey is funny and says some clever lines, but I hate to see him dance. While I've watched a few Ballroom dance competitions, I don't consider myself an educated judge, but I know what I like.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    yeah, is that only when he sees you coming up the walk? just kidding, I'm just not sure I know any man who would want a woman, and that's usually any woman, to put MORE clothes on unless it's their wife or girlfriend, cuz heaven knows you're suppose to dress hot and slinky to catch them, but after that, you dress like a nun and they'll just enjoy the other women who continue to dress hot and slinky.
    Well now you know one. There aren't that many decent guys left, for sure, but at least I snagged one.

Quote Originally Posted by estella_nyc
    Oh darn They would have been really cute together.
    That's what I thought, too. And it's funny because last night my husband even asked me if they were an item. I told him that I thought it was a possibility because she said they were friends and last week, he brought her home to Boston to meet "The fam". It was like my husband read my mind because I was thinking they may be dating but I guess I was wrong.
    Have you ladies ever noticed that all the good-looking guys are either married or gay. (not that there's anything wrong with that)
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    ... I'm just not sure I know any man who would want a woman, and that's usually any woman, to put MORE clothes on unless it's their wife or girlfriend, cuz heaven knows you're suppose to dress hot and slinky to catch them, but after that, you dress like a nun and they'll just enjoy the other women who continue to dress hot and slinky.
    My husband is actually one of those guys who thinks a woman should dress for the occasion, and who thinks less clothing on a woman doesn't automatically equal sexy woman. He prefers something to be left to the imagination, otherwise it's just slutty, he says.

But I do agree that Kelly's costumes/dresses were bad choices. On the foxtrot, her barely-there dress took away from the beauty of the dance itself. There was no flowing gracefulness. In dancing, the proper dress can add or detract from the dance itself. Think back to all the best movie musicals, and remember how costume designers always made sure the star dancer (especially female) was wearing something that accentuated the dance moves and the type of music, and fit the mood of the dance. Kelly doesn't seem to understand any of this, it looks like she just slaps on the least she can get away with without any thought to the overall picture.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey
    I think the costumes were chosen for them and purposely scanty for the male viewers. I can hear the discussion now.

I thought I read somewhere that Joey was already married. Sorry, can't remember the reference.

Back to the subject of music:
    It has almost been a liability for some couples. John/Charlotte danced to traditional Paso Doble music and that accentuated the mood and spirit of the dance. A definate advantage. Joey/Ashley danced to Eye of the Tiger. Not exactly the epitome of Latin-style music and definately not appropriate for the dance. This disconnect may affect some of the judging, in my opinion. The contestants should all dance to the same music, or at least the same genre of music. No team should have the advantage of dancing to the traditional music for that dance type while others must struggle with lame covers from the 1980s.

Yes, I am taking this way too seriously.

Actually I believe the contestants pick out their own costume. Kelly commented on the second show how her costume was so little because she thought she was going to get kicked off the show and wanted to go out with a bang.
    "To be is to do"--Socrates.
    "To do is to be"--Jean-Paul Sartre.
    "Do be do be do"--Frank Sinatra

I'm the queen of misspelling

+ Reply to Thread