+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: 6/22 Episode Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Ricky Martin hip movements?

I have to say, I thought the judges were overly harsh towards Joey and John during the Samba. I watched Rachel's partner and he didn't have any "Ricky Martin-esque" hip action going. If a pro isn't even doing it, how can they except Joey and John?

On a side note -- I kept thinking of John Travolta in "Saturday Night Fever" when I was watching John & Charlotte's samba. Anyone else?

Well, I just watched the show on TiVo, and I'm depressed that Rachel is gone.

Rachel and John are my favorites and the fact that they were in the bottom 2 floors me.

Yeah, Rachel isn't the best dancer in the world, but she tries hard, has beautiful poise and I just liked to watch.

Kelly annoys the crap out of me. I can't stand to watch. I cringe the entire time. Yeah, she improved, but just becuase you're better doesn't mean you're good. About the only thing I liked from Kelly and her partner are when they spin really fast . . . maybe it's because the blur is better than being able to see.

Joey isn't great technically or anything, but at least he's entertaining.

Oh well, I just had to say I'm very very sad.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    Drat! I missed it. I thought I was skipping Hit Me Baby (since I don't care about any of the this week's performers). Dancing with the Stars is the only show I wait for, aside from Mystery and BBC comedies on PBS.

But since Kelly is still there, I guess I didn't miss much.
    I missed it too: I was right there and looking forward to watching, but our local tv station pre-empted it for a minor league baseball game !!!

I am SO annoyed, but on the other hand I didn't have to see Rachel depart and the odious Kelly stay--I'm sure I would have burst a blood vessel.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieKat
    Duly noted, but his job is to keep the timing of the show, especially since it's live, while appeasing the writers at the same time. Dancing in it's own right, as it were.
    Good point. However, for me the show would be better if they allotted the time for a little education in the dancing techniques. This might help develop the fan base for ballroom dance and for possible future shows. There always seems to be time for the lame jokes or the horrible interviews by Lisa Canning. If they are trying to appease these terrible writers, it is no wonder why unscripted television is so popular.

+ Reply to Thread