+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 6/22 Episode Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher
    Kelly She was definitely very improved. However, the disparity in talent between her and her partner was so great that I found their dance really distracting. The focus in the samba is supposed to be on the woman, but her partner seemed to be 'stealing' the attention from her. I just kept thinking I would really like to see him dance with Joey's partner. I think those two would be fantastic together!
    I agree with the above. There was one point in the beginning of the dance where Alex was twisting his little hips away and you could definitely see the difference in skill, but I think he started to blend in a bit more towards the end. Or... maybe I was just distracted by watching Kelly have to hold herself in. Heh.

And Alex is actually Edyta's partner in real life... and she and Ashly were so similar that I completely agree with your assessment: Alex and Ashly would do quite well, movement wise.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I would like the final to be John and Kelly. I really don't like Joey and i can't quite put my finger on why. I also think his partner is so sweet and an awesome dancer. I never, ever thought I would put Kelly up at the top but she has worked soooooooo hard and improved more than anyone else. John and his partner have always been AWESOME so I'm not surprised to see them still there. However, Kelly has improved so much. I guess I will wait to see if she does a good job next week too. I guess the results basically depend on what people are voting for. If they are pulling for the underdog then Kelly sure has a shot. If they are pulling for a great dancer with a great personality then John and his partner will probably win. Anyway, I would be happy with the final if Joey is out!

FORT Fanatic
    I almost don't want to watch the show anymore - I'm starting to dislike it for the same reasons I dislike American Idol: the popularity among the fans effect. If John leaves next week then I'm not going to watch the finale. What a disappointment that Rachel left.

I know i'll be going against the popular opinion, but I actually believe Rachel was one of the weakest dancers. Aside from posing, I never saw any real dancing. She might be great in slow dances because of her stature, but I was not impressed with her tango last week and the Samba this week.

Kelly on the other hand wants to really impress the judges so she really took a risk and went all out. It could have backfired, but I think she did great, in spite of (or maybe because of ) her wardrobe malfunction. Also, I am NOT a soap fan, and I would vote for her because of the effort and the heart she puts in her performance.

John is good, but better at slower dances. I like him, but I don't like the chemistry between the two dancers. He seems to like himself more and she seems way too fixated over him, although it might be an act between her and her real dance partner.

I don't get all the Joey hate. Like Kelly, I find he is one who goes for more complicated and entertaining routines.

One last thing, what is the point of making the couples dance all together so we can judge them if we can't get a view of all of them together? They always focused on the dancers in the middle so I don't know who was better at waltzing.

ok, you can throw your rocks at me now ***runs for cover***

FORT Fogey
    I was surprised Rachel was sent off before Kelly and I think Kelly's hot little outfits and (apparent) sex appeal is weighing (undeserved) votes in her favor, but I bet she wins since she is an ABC soap star (although I have no idea who she is and don't care for anything about her at this point - she seems very whiney).

Last night I think John and Charlotte did well and are a very classy couple, just what ballroom dancing should be to me.
    Joey and Ashly are definitely improving as a couple and Joey looked good. I think the judges just don't like him for some reason, but if he or his agent check out this board, then let me tell you guys, I've never been a NKOTB fan (wanted to pull my ears off every time I heard their music when I was younger), but Joey has worked hard and I think they look great on the floor.
    Kelly and Alex and just awful. He throws her around, she looks like she's about to puke and the only thing they have going for them is she looks sexy in those skimpy outfits. As for their dancing, I'm still waiting for it to happen.

Rachel and Jonathan didn't have their best performance last night, but it was good enough to keep them in the competition over Kelly and Alex, but fans vote based on who they like, not who is deserving.

Melsevene, that is the problem that I have with any show that depends on the public votes. Popularity usually wins out over talent or anything else. I don't know enough about dancing to actually have a vote but I also didn't have the winner picked out before the first dance was danced. I liked Trista and thought that she deserved to stay longer than Kelley or Evander. At that time, Kelley was terrible. She has improved a lot but I still don't think she is as good as the others who are left. I'm betting that she will win this though, because she is a soap star. If that's what makes people happy, so be it, but I don't like it said that she is the best dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose
    I know i'll be going against the popular opinion, but I actually believe Rachel was one of the weakest dancers. Aside from posing, I never saw any real dancing. She might be great in slow dances because of her stature, but I was not impressed with her tango last week and the Samba this week.

Kelly on the other hand wants to really impress the judges so she really took a risk and went all out. It could have backfired, but I think she did great, in spite of (or maybe because of ) her wardrobe malfunction. Also, I am NOT a soap fan, and I would vote for her because of the effort and the heart she puts in her performance.

John is good, but better at slower dances. I like him, but I don't like the chemistry between the two dancers. He seems to like himself more and she seems way too fixated over him, although it might be an act between her and her real dance partner.

I don't get all the Joey hate. Like Kelly, I find he is one who goes for more complicated and entertaining routines.
    I agree with your post. Joey is funny and I enjoy his humor, but I don't enjoy watching him (or his partner) dance even though he clearly works hard.

Maybe it was all the grease in her partner's hair that made Kelly's top slip.

Drat! I missed it. I thought I was skipping Hit Me Baby (since I don't care about any of the this week's performers). Dancing with the Stars is the only show I wait for, aside from Mystery and BBC comedies on PBS.

But since Kelly is still there, I guess I didn't miss much.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene
    Kelly and Alex are just awful. He throws her around, she looks like she's about to puke
    I agree with you Melsevene. I thought Kelly looked completely out of control, especially in the first half of the dance. He was jerking her in and out of spins and I don't think she had an ounce of control when it came to stopping - she looked like she was going to fall over at any moment! This is one of the reasons I preferred Rachel - her dance may have been slower, but at least she had control over her movement.

Kelly has definitely improved, but I think the judges way overscored her last night. She wasn't THAT good. Plus, she didn't have full use of her hands and arms because she had to keep clutching her top.

I also agree that Rachel was not as strong a dancer as everyone says. I think it was her grace and stature that made people love her.

I like Joey. I think he goes for very complicated routines and he has presence.

+ Reply to Thread