+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 6/22 Episode Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

FORT Fan
    There's been a lot of discussion here about the soap stars having the edge on vote-getting. Does anyone remember when John was one of the stars on "Y&R"? He played Dr. Granger, Christine's long-lost father. Good thing his character showed up when he did, too. Chris was just about to marry someone who turned out to be her...gasp!...half-brother!!!!

Anyway, my point is that John could also be considered a soap star if you stretch the definition. And yes, I'm still voting for John and Charlotte.

With all of the publicity Kelly's been getting on some of the gossip shows like Extra, and The Insider about how hot she is... I'm tending to believe that she's also getting a lot of votes for her looks and outfits. It's not just the soap fans out there.....
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Karennz
    There's been a lot of discussion here about the soap stars having the edge on vote-getting. Does anyone remember when John was one of the stars on "Y&R"? He played Dr. Granger, Christine's long-lost father. Good thing his character showed up when he did, too. Chris was just about to marry someone who turned out to be her...gasp!...half-brother!!!!

Anyway, my point is that John could also be considered a soap star if you stretch the definition. And yes, I'm still voting for John and Charlotte.
    Yes, I remember him from Y&R. I think that's why I was surprised to know that he's in his forties. How many years ago WAS that? He looks just the same, old.

johannaauthor, sorry I missed you last night. Try to make it earlier next week if you can.
    Has anyone read Johanna's new book yet? I'm putting it on my list to buy this weekend. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun to read.

Joey and Ashley dancing to Pee-Wee Heman's favorite song ("Tequila") and then that other couple (I think it was Rachel and Jonathan) dancing to the Austin Powers song. That was hilarious.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Joey and Ashley dancing to Pee-Wee Heman's favorite song ("Tequila")
    Ahh yes, the Big Shoe Dance.

FORT Regular
    I love this show!!!!! I think the judges were very hard on Joey and Ashly, they did great, and I loved the waltz lifts. I can't believe the judges said he was like a steamroller or something. They did great. Kelly and her partner did really good, except the strap thing was distracting (but not her fault an accident). Rachel, I love her, but not her best night. I think she seems like a great person, very down to earth. She was really cool and level headed on Gilligan. Sorry Rachel . J Peterman & Charlotte, good, but not great. I totally think she is in love with him! . I hope this show comes back, it's great!!!! LOVE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Ahh yes, the Big Shoe Dance.

I think he's stuck in gum or something.
    Did anyone notice that Rachel lifted Kelly off the floor when she hugged her at the end of the show? I thought that was really funny, and cute.

Kelly She was definitely very improved. However, the disparity in talent between her and her partner was so great that I found their dance really distracting. The focus in the samba is supposed to be on the woman, but her partner seemed to be 'stealing' the attention from her. I just kept thinking I would really like to see him dance with Joey's partner. I think those two would be fantastic together!

Joey I did not understand the judges critique either. I thought they did a really nice job this week. He and his partner seem to work really well together.

Rachael I did not like their choreography this week. I agree that it felt slow and they spent a lot of time apart with not enough traditional samba moves. Overall I liked her a lot. I was very disappointed that she got sent home over Kelly, especially since the audience votes were from last week when I thought she was much better than Kelly.

John I really like John and Charlotte. I didn't care for their dance this week (or Charlotte's dress), but it was only because of the music - I don't know how anyone could have kept a good samba going to that absolutely horrid musical selection (slow/boring/un-sexy). I think they should win this competition. I was appalled that they were in the bottom two. If they had been voted off, I would have stopped watching this show!!

** Futilely wishing that voting shows were not popularity contests **

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I think he's stuck in gum or something.
    Did anyone notice that Rachel lifted Kelly off the floor when she hugged her at the end of the show? I thought that was really funny, and cute.
    Yeah I saw it and thought it was funny too. I'm loving this show.
    I don't want the ocean in my seashell. I just want a boyfriend with a brain cell. Stretch Princess

Last nights show was great. Poor Rachel knew that she had to get the highest score from the judges because she isn't as popular as others in the phone in votes. Once Kelly got the highest judges score, Rachel knew she was a goner.

I really, really want the final two to be John and Joey. I've liked them from the beginning. Both are trying really hard and have great chemistry with their partners.
    "To be is to do"--Socrates.
    "To do is to be"--Jean-Paul Sartre.
    "Do be do be do"--Frank Sinatra

I'm the queen of misspelling

+ Reply to Thread