+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 6/15 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Oh darn, I didn't set my VCR up right before I left to teach ballroom... shoot... I wanted to see it tonight...
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I'm on the West coast, and haven't read the spoilers yet, so I don't know how this is going to turn out. But after watching Kelly and her partner, I just can't understand - other than the possibility of being dazzled by the sparkly fake boobs - why the male judges scored them so high. Kelly was off beat for virtually all the partner steps. She did okay on the side-by-side stuff, but at least in ice dancing, the ability to follow the beat is, well, kind of up there in terms of importance.

Liked Rachel's tango okay, except for the stupid shimmy. Puh-leeze. No one shimmies in a tango.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

John & Charlotte - goodness, I Charlotte! Now that is a divalicious dancer.

Wonderful choreography, performed mostly very well. But John didn't quite get the character of the tango. It looked mostly like he was doing a caricature of a tango - not necessarily a bad thing, but not strictly by the book, either. I think I preferred Rachel's, though only by a hair (thanks to Charlotte's superb dancing).
    Last edited by jasmar; 06-16-2005 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Eye kant spel.
    Token Christian.

Hm. I thought Joey and Ashly were very good. His faults didn't seem as glaring as John's. I certainly enjoyed them the most. It's obvious that she's a great technician (which I love - precision!), and it was great to see how she allowed Joey to help her lighten up the performance. They were my favorite this week.
    Last edited by jasmar; 06-16-2005 at 01:00 AM.
    Token Christian.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    I think (and I wont bet my life on it) that they are random UNTIL the final two, that means Joey was second to last.

PS: I loved The Deadliest Catch too.
    Karen14, I just had to tell you that I love your avatar....it makes me giggle everytime I see it........!

I'm so mad at myself.... I watched the episode and then got on the FORT and got all excited about the American Idol contest that's being run and when I thought about voting, it was 10:04 p.m.!!!!! I tried to call (cause every clock in my house ends up having a different time so I never know which one is accurate) but I had missed the voting time!!! So now I only got to vote online twice (under my 2 screennames). I voted once for John and once for Joey. I enjoyed both of their performances-they both look like they enjoy being out there.....Rachel is good but she always looks so petrified before and after a performance and I guess, Kelly is going to be my thorn in my side. In every reality show there is always one person that makes me want to pull my hair out and I guess she's the lucky one on this show. She's gorgeous and she has a killer body (which I'd to have..but it won't happen in THIS lifetime!) but I just don't think she has a personality. I sat there with my mouth hung open when the judges praised them tonight....I didn't like her performance at all...I thought her partner was over emphasizing his moves to compensate for her lack of talent! Evander did much better tonight but last week's performance did him in. I thought he did a heckuva job considering he isn't the most graceful of big men!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Saige
    I watch AMC which is on ABC and all the AMC boards have post after post about vote for the soap star and half of them have no clue who she even plays just that she is on a soap on ABC.

She and her partner definitely were better than Evander and Edyta, but not Trista & co.
    Token Christian.

I wonder if Ashly's dress choice was because of the fact that the jive is lumped in with the latin dances in ballroom competition (vs. the waltz, quickstep, foxtrot, etc.), and I've often seen women in professional boallroom competitions wearing their latin dresses for the jive?

Regardless, it would have been cute to see her in a calf-length, 40s short-sleeved dress. And they totally should have used "Bugle Boy."
    Token Christian.

That is what happens when I went to Hit Me Baby One More Time taping. I missed voting for Joey and there he is in the bottom 2

I have done half my votes for him tonight and will get the other phone in a little bit.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Hooray for Kelly and Alec! They weren't in last place, and they definetly have enough popularity votes to keep them in!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird
    I voted for her after the show last week. I hope I wasn't the only one.
    You were not alone.

+ Reply to Thread