+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 6/15 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    I'm so happy Joey stayed. I like him.

I agree that all the soap fans are going to keep Kelly in. I can't believe Joey was in the bottom 2, that is just wrong.
    I am with you. I couldn't believe it either!!! He is doing the best by far... in my opinion!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Did they change the scoring rules or are the finally just explaining it?

I think they changed them. Before it seemed like the actual scores were being used in some fashion. I mean how else did Rachel go from tied for first to 5th place?
    They didn't change anything. Rachel went from first to last because that's how the scores added. Actually she was not in first. Last week they used the combined judges' scores and Rachel was in second place. That was five points. She obviously received the lowest viewer calls so she got one point. That gave her SIX points total. Kelly, on the other hand had one point from being last, but got six points from viewers, giving her seven so she was ahead of Rachel. The only person lower than Rachel's six points, was Trista who had three points from the judges and must have scored a 2 from the call-in vote.

And by the way, it is very easy to criticize the music choices, and I personally dislike most of them, but remember--the contestants are not allowed to choose their dance or their music. The professional is given the music and the dance assignment just after the show and he/she has one week to choreograph the dance and teach it to the celebrity partner.

Don't criticize the celebrity because you hate the music...they did not select it.

I knew Evander would go home tonight.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey
    I got my 5 in for Rachael and a 6th on the website. She is shining brightly as the best to me now.

John is good but he is overacting with his facial expressions. That detracted from the overall performance for me along with the aura surrounding them that they are the best. Good, sure, but Rachael can do things with her body that John can only dream of and that is certainly part of the deal. I like her modesty as well.

Joey is adorable but he and Kelly are in the right place, behind the other two couples. The ducks are in a row. Both he and Kelly were akimbo tonight. I would say they were equally skilled in that dance.

So Rachael and John will be the final 2 unless their performances take a huge leap in another direction.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    Thanks! LOL It was a photo from "Deadliest Catch" (a show on Discovery about crab fishermen) .
    Woohoo, so I was right. I thought it was a guy with two giant crabs (i was going to write a guy with crabs but...I figured i'd specify). I just didn't want to say anything in case I was really wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose
    Woohoo, so I was right. I thought it was a guy with two giant crabs (i was going to write a guy with crabs but...I figured i'd specify). I just didn't want to say anything in case I was really wrong.
    Well, you would have been the only one who recognized it!
    I kept trying to load the pic, and it said it was too big, too big, too big, and by the time I got it small enough, it looked...weird. Anyway, it was Edgar Hansen from the boat Northwestern that was featured on "Deadliest Catch" on Discovery. (I love Edgar, and got to chat with him a few times before they shipped for salmon tendering this past Sunday.) OKAY so I'm rambling, and off-topic at that. I guess I'll keep my kitty avatar, because I'm scared she'll scratch me if I don't!

ON TOPIC.....I just really don't understand how Rachel was in the bottom two last week. Makes no sense to me.

The host said tonight (when annoucing who stayed) "in no particular order". Now, did he state that Joey and Evander WERE the bottom two...or could Joey be anywhere in the lineup...???
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Wooooooooooo I am so happy for Rachael who is obviously the one to beat . She is so hot and a great dancer, I still can't believe she was in bottom two last week. When she started dancing, I was like yay, but the music, I was like what the hell? But it was Rachael so who cares hehe. John was great too, definitly my second favorite; always cracking me up with his facial expressions.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

FORT Fan
    I still have yet to see Rachael really dance.
    Don't get me wrong, I think she has great posture, poise, and expression, but most dancing requires movement...you know, steps? and she really hasn't done a lot of that yet.

Hopefully they give her the quick step next week and make her prove she can dance. I would love to see her do well... but I need to see her actually dance before I can really put my support behind her.

FORT Fogey
    I watch AMC which is on ABC and all the AMC boards have post after post about vote for the soap star and half of them have no clue who she even plays just that she is on a soap on ABC. I think she was horrid tonight and looked way off, but I am not a professional. I think Rachel is good, but like the other poster feel she gets the easier of the two dances each week and is way way slow in her movements. Personally I like Joey the best just because he seems to want to have input. I feel really bad for Evander not because he is eliminated but because he stated his mom taught him that dance and I felt it was a family thing and the judges tore him a new one and I wonder if he will want to partake in it ever again even with family. I took dance classes in college and all these dances were taught and the jive was one of the hardest to learn at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    The host said tonight (when annoucing who stayed) "in no particular order". Now, did he state that Joey and Evander WERE the bottom two...or could Joey be anywhere in the lineup...???
    I think (and I wont bet my life on it) that they are random UNTIL the final two, that means Joey was second to last.

PS: I loved The Deadliest Catch too.

+ Reply to Thread