People didn't like her partner's behavior
    People didn't like her dress
    People are jealous of her
    Technical malfunction
    There's a huge conspiracy against Australians
    It's rigged against supermodels
    Rod Stewart bought the show's producers
    I could go on and on ...
    I think the small fan base and the jealousy theories are the most probable ones. Why would most women vote for a very sexy hot model? And most men most likely don't even watch this so Rachael hardly receives any support. I don't think its fair but what can you do? I wish they contestants were judged on their performances; this isn't a competiton; it's a popularity contest.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    I think the small fan base and the jealousy theories are the most probable ones. Why would most women vote for a very sexy hot model? And most men most likely don't even watch this so Rachael hardly receives any support. I don't think its fair but what can you do? I wish they contestants were judged on their performances; this isn't a competiton; it's a popularity contest.
    I'm not sure that we're dealing with adult voters here. I happen to think that Rachel is very attractive and have enjoyed her dancing. I think many voters are the young people, mostly girls, who watch soap operas and like bands. Their votes are most likely going to whatever the GH girl's name is, can't remember, and Joey.

You're probably right, Muduh. If I voted, which I don't - on any of these shows - I'd split my votes between O'Hurley & Charlotte and Rachel & partner.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Honestly, even though we've decided that Trista got fan-bashed, Rachel's judge score was high enough that she MUST have gotten the least fan votes BY FAR to have fallen so far.

It puzzles me. Do people worship Rod Stewart so much that they resent her? I mean I've never heard anything to suggest she was responsible for the marriage going south, and HE is the one who pushed for the final divorce signing recently (after an almost 6 year seperation), because he wants to get married to an even younger chippie.
    Well I don't know if worship would be the word I would use in regard to my lustful thoughts of Rod Stewart...because I am a respectable 38 year old mom but it would probably come pretty close!!!!
    But do I resent Rachel because she was married to that sexy man? Heck no...If I even remotely thought I'd have a chance with Rod, I'd bleach my hair blonde and stand in line. It seems that Rachel and Rod ended on good terms...according to other articles I have read before about him, he always remains on good terms with his exes and they all even get together sometimes with all their kids and enjoy the holidays. Rachel is a sexy gorgeous woman and I like her alot but I definitely don't resent her because of her relationship with Rod. I'm envious-not jealous...2 different things!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    he always remains on good terms with his exes
    off topic... (Rod Stewart) needs to, doesn't he? He only has about 6 or 7 of them, all much younger than him... He'd be absolutely broke if he stirred even one of them up to take him for all he had...

back on topic... I didn't care much for John Hurley's dance the FIRST week, but the second, WOW! he was just great! I don't know much about dancing except when him and his partner first came out, it appeared his form was as good as Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire. It was quite obvious he was leagues above the other men (at least) because he had that "lightness" the judges kept ranting on about

I think the small fan base and the jealousy theories are the most probable ones. Why would most women vote for a very sexy hot model?
    I think most women don't have a problem acknowledging and accepting when a woman is sexy and hot. But like Muduh indicated, I don't think we're dealing with all women here.

People can dislike people for reasons other than looks. And in shows like this, it also tends to happen that people overlook voting for someone deserving because they are busy that week voting for another contestant for some other reason.... and in this case it was probably Kelly because 1) some people know her from General Hospital, and 2) she was the underdog and people were following the Simon-effect of throwing their votes for the underdog because they felt sorry for the perceived abuse she received at the mouths of the judges.

FORT Fogey
    Well, I'm male and I watched it, mostly because it was the best way to get my reality fix on a Wednesday night. However, as a male, I wouldn't be caught dead calling in to vote for a ballroom dance contest, no matter how hot Rachel is.
    Last edited by ChicagoViewer; 06-10-2005 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    You'd better take it. I might get started on him and never stop. I'd fix him up so that his own mama wouldn't recognize him.
    Obviously you guys didn't perceive the sarcasm in my offering that up as a possible reason for people "hating" Rachel. I was mocking it, not agreeing with it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Obviously you guys didn't perceive the sarcasm in my offering that up as a possible reason for people "hating" Rachel. I was mocking it, not agreeing with it.
    Back pedaling now, are we?
    You said an ugly word (60) and we aren't likely to soon forget.
    Anyway, ballroom dancing isn't exactly anything I'm familiar with, or interested in. I can remember Arthur Murray and his wife gliding across the stage every week many years ago and thinking how boring that was to watch. Now I've come full circle. These people are no more entertaining than they were. BUT it is summer and what else is there to watch?
    Right now I think Joey may be doing the best footwork, but the older guy is working the audience better. They may be the last two couples standing. I am almost sure that the winner will be one of them.
    And to the person who mentioned that all of Rod's exes are young, not so. Alanna isn't young at all. She is very attractive but is close to Rod's age.

Wasn't Alana his FIRST wife? The typical pattern would be for the wives to get younger each time. He's going on wife #4 or 5 at this point, so we can probably plot the curve.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread