+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 6/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Honestly, even though we've decided that Trista got fan-bashed, Rachel's judge score was high enough that she MUST have gotten the least fan votes BY FAR to have fallen so far.

It puzzles me. Do people worship Rod Stewart so much that they resent her? I mean I've never heard anything to suggest she was responsible for the marriage going south, and HE is the one who pushed for the final divorce signing recently (after an almost 6 year seperation), because he wants to get married to an even younger chippie.
    I don't really know why the voter turnout in support of Rachel was so low. But I do know that I find her ridiculously sexy.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    I don't really know why the voter turnout in support of Rachel was so low. But I do know that I find her ridiculously sexy.
    Couple of scenarios:

People thought she was safe
    She has a small U.S. fan base
    People liked other "stars" more than her
    People didn't like her performance
    People didn't like her behavior
    People didn't like her partner's behavior
    People didn't like her dress
    People are jealous of her
    Technical malfunction
    There's a huge conspiracy against Australians
    It's rigged against supermodels
    Rod Stewart bought the show's producers
    I could go on and on ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    The show is one two weeks and already the conspiracy theories are out!
    Just consider it spring training for the AI crowd. I agree Bill, much better than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer
    Couple of scenarios:

People thought she was safe
    She has a small U.S. fan base
    People liked other "stars" more than her
    People didn't like her performance
    People didn't like her behavior
    People didn't like her partner's behavior
    People didn't like her dress
    People are jealous of her
    Technical malfunction
    There's a huge conspiracy against Australians
    It's rigged against supermodels
    Rod Stewart bought the show's producers
    I could go on and on ...
    She's from New Zealand though. I though since "Lord of the Rings" all Americans love New Zealand!

Jealousy seems possible. Face it, a lot of 35 year old women wish they looked like her. A lot of 30 year old women too. Also, the fanbase answer isn't bad, because I suspect most of her fanbase is male, and I doubt this show's demographics are heavily male. Plus, there's the fact that despite her continued good looks, I don't think she's really been an active model for quite some time (10 years?). I think she does the occasional calendar or something, but she's not exactly appearing in magazines or makeup ads.

And maybe having ever BEEN Rod's wife is working against her more than splitting from him. I mean have you guys heard the cheese he does these days instead of Rock & Roll? Or maybe it's just the Jerry Hall effect--lingering disgust that she ever knocked boots with "that old guy" (he was already old when they married and is even older now--60, I believe).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    She's from New Zealand though. I though since "Lord of the Rings" all Americans love New Zealand!
    Too funny. I'm guessing that most people, like me, aren't super in-tune with her real nationality.

(he was already old when they married and is even older now--60, I believe).
    Muduh, would you like the honors or shall I?

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Muduh, would you like the honors or shall I?
    You'd better take it. I might get started on him and never stop. I'd fix him up so that his own mama wouldn't recognize him.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer
    I don't think any of them are being judged unfairly or being ripped a new one undeservingly. (<--Is that a word?) Yeah, they should all get low scores, but as long as they're being judged consistently across the spectrum of talent, then I can live with inflated scores (since all of them are equally inflated).
    Well, since you put it that way.... It does make sense.
    I think I had my hopes up for Strictly Ballroom Live and instead got pseudo-ballroom with bad music. But that's fine for summer reality tv.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    Thanks for the explanation, Hyper. The ABC site is a scary, scary place, so I stay far away from it.

That scoring system makes sense to me. It's based on ordinal numbers, which in turn are based on judges' scores and audience popularity. I still don't like the audience participation part, but at least I understand how they're tabulating it now.
    It makes sense, except that I think the professional judges opinion should weigh more. I hate seeing better people voted out because they don't appeal to 14 yr olds with three phones and infinite time on their hands. (I have to admit that I was so appalled at Rachel and Jonathan's placement at the elimination that I actually raced to the phone and computer and gave them the maximum number of votes I could with my mere one phone line. .. I can't believe I care. What's happening to me? First it was an innocent interest in ANTM....now I'm reduced to this. AIEEE!!!]

boxhill, I am SO right there with you. I got sucked in through ANTM, too. And now I can't stop!!
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread