+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 6/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    I voted 5x for John on my landline phone; 5x on my cell phone for Joey and 1x online for John.......
    no land line for me to use

i guess i also gave up too soon.

I agree, ChicagoViewer. I don't mind the inflated scores as long as they are applied evenly, to each team. That's why the overall score in skating competitions never really mattered under the old 6.0 system - it wasn't the number the judge gave, it was where they placed any given skater/couple in relation to the other competitors. It was a much more fair system than the new "point" system they've begun to use.

The frustrating thing with this show is the lack of divulgence of how they are figuring the totals using the audience votes. If it is truly 50/50, they've had to come up with some pretty complicated scoring system.

And frankly, even though I assume it brings in more viewers, it's annoying to have the audience have a vote at all.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    I know I'm not the only one here right now that is pretty much convinced that Rachel Hunter is the hottest person on the planet.
    Honestly, even though we've decided that Trista got fan-bashed, Rachel's judge score was high enough that she MUST have gotten the least fan votes BY FAR to have fallen so far.

It puzzles me. Do people worship Rod Stewart so much that they resent her? I mean I've never heard anything to suggest she was responsible for the marriage going south, and HE is the one who pushed for the final divorce signing recently (after an almost 6 year seperation), because he wants to get married to an even younger chippie.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    The frustrating thing with this show is the lack of divulgence of how they are figuring the totals using the audience votes. If it is truly 50/50, they've had to come up with some pretty complicated scoring system.
    At the ABC site they have the explanation of ho the votes are tabulated. It is incredibly confusing.
    How they Score Dancing with the Stars at ABC.com

Basically it looks like they take the scores from the judges and give them points from 1 to 6 based on their placement. The highest placement gets 6 points and the lowest placement gets 1 point. (When there are only 5 teams the points will go from 1 to 5 and so on) They then take the phoned in and and internet votes and do the same thing. The team with the most votes gets 6 points and the team with the least gets 1 point. The two totals are then added together. The team with the least combined points goes home. If the combined points are tied at the lowest, then the team with the lowest viewer votes goes home.

What a mouthful. Hope that makes sense!

I would like to see two professionals demonstrate the dances showcased so that we have a basis for comparison.

Who is responsible for the choreography of the dances? The judges seem to criticize this the most and it is probably the one thing that is completely beyond the contestant's control.

I agree that Rachel needs a taller/bigger partner. When I see her next to him, I think "How did such a big boned woman become a supermodel?" I'm not sure why Joey gives me the creeps, but he does. Evander skipped, not danced through this ep and should hang up his tights. John has an advantage of looking like a dancer and having a partner that makes him look better than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Honestly, even though we've decided that Trista got fan-bashed, Rachel's judge score was high enough that she MUST have gotten the least fan votes BY FAR to have fallen so far.

It puzzles me. Do people worship Rod Stewart so much that they resent her? I mean I've never heard anything to suggest she was responsible for the marriage going south, and HE is the one who pushed for the final divorce signing recently (after an almost 6 year seperation), because he wants to get married to an even younger chippie.
    I don't understand the leap to her separation from Rod Stewart? Why would one have to do with the other?

Okay, I completely missed something. How do we know where Rachel finished? I thought host boy said that the couples were being called out randomly until we found out who was eliminated.

Once he got down to the final two couples, Mariner, he said that these two had received the two lowest vote totals. Everyone prior to that was random.

Thanks. I was on the phone when that happened so I knew I must have missed it.

Thanks for the explanation, Hyper. The ABC site is a scary, scary place, so I stay far away from it.

That scoring system makes sense to me. It's based on ordinal numbers, which in turn are based on judges' scores and audience popularity. I still don't like the audience participation part, but at least I understand how they're tabulating it now.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread