+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 6/8 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Loved John/Charlotte. They are my pick to win this. He seemed to be having so much fun.

Kelly/? wasn't all that impressed.

Rachel/? Ok, but I don't really like her so I wasn't paying much attention to their dancing. Although, I must say while I hate that dress she was wearing, I wish I had the body to pull it off like she does.

Joey/Ashly Ok, I was weirded out with neither of them actually looking at each other. It was like they were mannequins. Seemed stiff. Did find out on the news that Ashly is from a town a few miles from where I live.

Evander/Edyta - I thought he did well. I didn't think he was too heavy footed. I think the judges are smoking crack. They are my second faves, although I don't see them winning unless they get the sympathy vote.

Trista/? - Ding dong the witch is gone! Happy to see her gone. This woman needs to keep her pink self the heck away from my tv.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    Let me clarify that I checked out the ABC boards and an overwhelming number of different posters there--who I fully agree appeared to be immature--cited the jealousy theory. And they were all Kelly/soap fans. And they were posting in an overwhelming volume there. That is what I meant by "all the soap fans." (Presumably there are some mature, intelligent soap fans somewhere who don't think that the judge "must be jealous" of Wooden Kelly.)
    I stay far, far away from the abc boards these days. Thems a skeeery place.

I'm one that just doesn't feel the Rachel love. The video was great, but I'm not a big fan of her dancing... wish they could have gotten her a taller partner that she could seem to just melt into. Instead, she just seems awkward and mismatched to me and I can't get beyond that.

FORT Fan
    I agree about Rachel, Broadway.

Does anyone else think this thing is rigged?

Last week, they said they would combine the judges scores with the audience votes and then vote out someone this week.

They get the results, and suddenly now they are also adding this weeks judges scores to the mix. On top of that, they give Rachel really high scores for a mediocre dance. (It was a lot of posing, in my notsohumble opinion). They also don't tell us how close it was between Rachel and Trista, nor how they add "votes" to "scores". It reeks "rigged".

Seems to me, the whoevers who run this show decided they wanted Rachel to stay in more than Trista. *shrugs*

The show is one two weeks and already the conspiracy theories are out!

I do have to say though that this show is a LOT more entertaining than I thought it would be.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    I turned the show when the first judge was bashing Evander. Ever since seeing "Strictly Ballroom," I watch Ballroom dancing and NO ONE on that show is capable of real competition, the pace is too slow, the music is cheesy...
    I thought the point of the show was to draw audiences in with basic steps and broad-appeal music. I just don't see why Evander was so bashed for his size and speed when the show is setup for basic dancing, story-telling and mass-appeal and ALL of the dancers are dancing slow and choppy. They've had limited training. If the point is to have celebrities out of their element, why be so mean about it when they aren't yet ready for the "Pan Pacific?"
    I'm trying to enjoy this show. I really am.
    Don't get me wrong here. I like Evander a lot. I was just hoping to see him blow the others out of the water. It hasn't happened. He doesn't look comfortable and appears extremely awkward to me. He is no better or no worse than some of the others. I don't expect him to last long unless he gets a bunch of the speed dialers on his team.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I still wish they would use better music. Some Latin songs, songs with a recognizable dance beat, or songs without the muzak-sounding vocals.

FORT Fogey
    I don't think it's rigged--the scores are just tabulated in a stupid way. It's like they couldn't figure out what was most important, the judges or the audience. Trista was OK, but plastic. Rachel was better--between the splits and the trick moves, she really pulled off a passable Rhumba, despite being a beginner.

That said, Evander should have gone home--REALLY AWFUL slow footwork and seemed to be lost the entire time. This is the part I really hate about factoring in a call-in vote: People get sympathy votes. This is a competition. I don't care how badly they slam Kelly, if she's the worst dancer (and she was) she should go, end of story.

There seems to be a sentiment in reality shows that, if people are actually "judged" they've been "wronged" and their crappy performance should be overlooked. Screw that. It means that truly deserving, talented people are cut just because they're better and got praised because of it. Ridiculous.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer
    There seems to be a sentiment in reality shows that, if people are actually "judged" they've been "wronged" and their crappy performance should be overlooked. Screw that. It means that truly deserving, talented people are cut just because they're better and got praised because of it. Ridiculous.
    My problem is that if they were going to be judged on ballroom dances, all of the couples would have low scores. The female judge was a choreographer for the film Showgirls. Why pretend to be serious about the craft when the show is set up for sympathy votes and good story lines. JMO.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    My problem is that if they were going to be judged on ballroom dances, all of the couples would have low scores. The female judge was a choreographer for the film Showgirls. Why pretend to be serious about the craft when the show is set up for sympathy votes and good story lines. JMO.

I don't think any of them are being judged unfairly or being ripped a new one undeservingly. (<--Is that a word?) Yeah, they should all get low scores, but as long as they're being judged consistently across the spectrum of talent, then I can live with inflated scores (since all of them are equally inflated).

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer
    I don't think it's rigged--the scores are just tabulated in a stupid way. It's like they couldn't figure out what was most important, the judges or the audience. Trista was OK, but plastic. Rachel was better--between the splits and the trick moves, she really pulled off a passable Rhumba, despite being a beginner.

That said, Evander should have gone home--REALLY AWFUL slow footwork and seemed to be lost the entire time. This is the part I really hate about factoring in a call-in vote: People get sympathy votes. This is a competition. I don't care how badly they slam Kelly, if she's the worst dancer (and she was) she should go, end of story.

I agree with everything you have said and it reflects my feelings precisely. Evander was HORRIBLE - in fact it was painful to watch. He definitely should have been the one voted out. In my opinion the ranking for last night was correct with Evander on the bottom as dead last and John and Charlotte first. Making it a popular vote as 50% totally skews the points so that the worst dancer could very likely win and that would be a shame!

+ Reply to Thread