+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bruno Tonioli - Judge

Bruno Tonioli - Judge

Bruno has been a popular judge on both seasons of Strictly Come Dancing, the UK version of Dancing With The Stars. He expresses himself almost as well with his arms as with his voice, and even if he tried, Bruno could not suppress his natural Italian passion and exuberance.

Bruno is genuinely impressed by the hours of work put in by the couples, and takes real enjoyment in watching their performances - and he is often touchingly stunned by the quality of dancing.

Bruno was the most positive of the UK judges, finding something worthy of praise in every performance he saw; however he's not afraid to speak his mind, and will dish out criticism where it's deserved. He frequently interrupts if he feels one of his fellow judges is giving the contestants an unreasonably harsh or unfair assessment.

Bruno started out as a dancer (you can see him in Elton John's I'm Still Standing video!), before moving on to become a successful choreographer. He is a top choreographer and has worked on countless films, plays, music videos, commercials, concerts, trade shows and TV shows. He has worked with the likes of Minnie Driver, Kate Winslet, Elton John, Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury, Tina Turner and Paul McCartney.

Bruno absolutely loves Dancing With The Stars, and his charm and unaffected good nature are a real asset to the show.

Bruno started out as a dancer (you can see him in Elton John's I'm Still Standing video!),
    Whoooaaa! I wonder if he's the dancer in the front of the lineup who's wearing a black, studded bikini??? I'm betting it is! I loved that video way back when and had a crush on that guy!!! Good to see him again!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Now I can't get rid of the "I'm Still Standing" song out of my head!!!!!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Re: Judge: Bruno Tonioli

This is my first season in watching the show and was interested in looking for Bruno's thread since I enjoy listening to his critiques. He is a hoot! I finally found it on the last page of this entire tread.

It appears that judges are talked about more specifically as it relates to the couple dancing than to them individually.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Thanks for posting. Bruno is my favorite of the judges. He can be such a hoot!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Bruno's more obnoxious this season than normal. He's even more cranky than Len usually gets and he's being pretty mean. CA has, and will likely always be my least favorite judge but I never thought I'd like Len more than Bruno. The two are pretty comical though, especially their intrepretations of the dance.

FORT Fan

Some of Bruno's actions and words this season have really got me scratching my head. In the past when I disagreed with Len and CA he was the voice of reason for me.

Len has always been and will probably always be my favorite judge. He is way to hard on them sometimes and typically scores lower than I think he should but he is very charming and is quite the gentleman. I think Bruno is way to flamboyant and obnoxious and rarely has anything to contribute and CA is just a B***H.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Actually, all the judges have something to contribute everytime a couple is critiqued.

Carrie Ann praises and even drools over some of the contestants, male and female. She is the most tactful of the three judges. I don't get the hate, because imo criticism is her job. I think the judge who has gone over the line is Len with singer Mario. Shameful. CA often gives the higher score of the three.

Bruno, well, I like his 'unique' expressions.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I haven’t watched much DWTS, but I saw something this weekend that I had to recommend all DWTS fans to watch. Bruno made a guest appearance on The Soup (on E!). It was hysterical. It was a play on Jake’s pantless entrance last week. Bruno’s appearance is in the first 10 minutes of the show. And don’t quit watching when he leaves. He returns and is more outrageous than ever. Your last chance to see it repeated is tonight at 12:30am and tomorrow morning at 6:30am, or early Wednesday morning at 2am. It might also be available on Hulu, but I don’t know much about that works.

eta: I just noticed this was mentioned in the Media Thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast