+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Carrie Ann Inaba – Judge

Re: Carrie Ann Inaba Judge

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Taking off for an intentional lift-fine. But for a celeb or even a pro whose foot accidentally comes off the floor? A pathetic attempt to show you know what you're talking about. Especially because of the inconsistancy over whether you're judging for actual dancing or entertainment (if that were the case, Rob and Chaz wouldn't be getting the scores they are from her). My biggest beef with CA this season was deducting a point from J.R. over a non existant lift, taking off a point for his foxtrot because she "didn't get the humor", but turning around in twitter the next day and saying there 'wasn't enough humor' (she obviously knew she was an idiot but didn't want to admit it), and scoring him exactly the same this past week as Rob freaking Kardashian. Who I read she's rooting for. Maybe Derek and Dmitry are being replaced as her boytoys. The Kardashians can give CA the fame she obviously seeks but fails at on her own. I also think CA has a beef with some of the pros who go more the actual dance route versus overdoing the choreography/crowd pleasing aspect that she can get away with gushing about and raving with her 10 paddle (I wish Len would hit her with it). The crying, the screaming, the fan girl antics, the biases, the favoritism, her incompetent judging, her grudges, her lack of knowledge...I never thought there'd be a season where I actually preferred Bruno. Is it over yet? I wish she'd take a week off, and head across the pond to Strictly, because I'd really love to see reaction to her on another show. They're having Jennifer Grey as a guest judge while Len takes a break, they should send her over instead, and bring Carson in. I'm sure he'll do a better and more entertaining job!
    Totally agree with everything you said!
    Maybe I should start reading her twitter to see what kind of BS of excuses she can make up.....OMG "not enough humor" was such a sad excuse, I loved that dance, J.R played his role very well

Oh no, Jennifer Grey is back? Not a fan, she annoyed me so much, I can imagine her giving a ten to Derek even if he messes up....ew. And she's going to beside CA double ew! I think when Derek was partner up with Jennifer Grey, was the only time I ever liked Derek more than his partner, I even sympathized with him when Jennifer would bitch at him.

Anyways CA should stop with her biases and favoritism. I actually would love to see her reaction if Derek and Ricki got out before the finales and Rob got out soon too! It would be priceless!!! And as well "Awkward!!!! and Shocker!!!" (BB fans will get this xD)

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Taking off for an intentional lift-fine. But for a celeb or even a pro whose foot accidentally comes off the floor? A pathetic attempt to show you know what you're talking about. Especially because of the inconsistancy over whether you're judging for actual dancing or entertainment (if that were the case, Rob and Chaz wouldn't be getting the scores they are from her). My biggest beef with CA this season was deducting a point from J.R. over a non existant lift, taking off a point for his foxtrot because she "didn't get the humor", but turning around in twitter the next day and saying there 'wasn't enough humor' (she obviously knew she was an idiot but didn't want to admit it), and scoring him exactly the same this past week as Rob freaking Kardashian. Who I read she's rooting for. Maybe Derek and Dmitry are being replaced as her boytoys. The Kardashians can give CA the fame she obviously seeks but fails at on her own. I also think CA has a beef with some of the pros who go more the actual dance route versus overdoing the choreography/crowd pleasing aspect that she can get away with gushing about and raving with her 10 paddle (I wish Len would hit her with it). The crying, the screaming, the fan girl antics, the biases, the favoritism, her incompetent judging, her grudges, her lack of knowledge...I never thought there'd be a season where I actually preferred Bruno. Is it over yet? I wish she'd take a week off, and head across the pond to Strictly, because I'd really love to see reaction to her on another show. They're having Jennifer Grey as a guest judge while Len takes a break, they should send her over instead, and bring Carson in. I'm sure he'll do a better and more entertaining job!
    Karalott, I pretty much agree with your entire post.

Was the J.R. lift the time CA said she THOUGHT she saw a lift? I've been fast forwarding through a lot of the judges' comments because I just don't care what they have to say. I did hear her comment about not getting the humor in the Pink Panther foxtrot. Who cares? Shouldn't the performance be based on whether the dance contained all of the necessary elements for a foxtrot and how well those steps were executed?

As to Jennifer Grey (or any other past contestant) as guest judge...IMO, it highlights the fact that the judges don't require any real qualifications. I'd much rather see them bring back a pro from seasons past as guest judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Karalott, I pretty much agree with your entire post.

Was the J.R. lift the time CA said she THOUGHT she saw a lift? I've been fast forwarding through a lot of the judges' comments because I just don't care what they have to say. I did hear her comment about not getting the humor in the Pink Panther foxtrot. Who cares? Shouldn't the performance be based on whether the dance contained all of the necessary elements for a foxtrot and how well those steps were executed?

As to Jennifer Grey (or any other past contestant) as guest judge...IMO, it highlights the fact that the judges don't require any real qualifications. I'd much rather see them bring back a pro from seasons past as guest judge.

Really do you think Jennifer is going to give Derek a bad critique? This is insane bringing back a former dancer to judge. Kip - I like the idea of a former pro judging - then at least it would be less biased.

Carrie Ann has always had her favorites...but I think at the end of the day...it really doesn't matter what she says or thinks...because its not her... but the viewers who vote for who they like best
    BTW and Shoepie like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Sorry, I should have been more specific Jennifer will be judging Strictly when Len takes a week off next month from there. I was suggesting they should send CA instead, and either let Len and Bruno judge as a duo or bring in Carson. Though if we ever get to the 339th special where they have all the couples repeat iconic dances of past pros that shouldn't be duplicated, I bet Jennifer comes in as a guest judge then But I totally agree, Jennifer wouldn't give Derek a bad critique. I think it'd do CA in if she ever had to be tough on him like she is everyone else. I do notice Brooke does a lot more of the 'when I did the show...' when Derek's around. At least the few times I've caught her backstage interviews this season.

If Ricki went out before the finals, I bet anything they bring in a stupid save next season, or bring the dance off back. Of course in the past, they didn't use the dance off the whole season. I really hope they don't bring anything like a save in. Can you imagine the dramatic reaction and CA being brought to the brink of tears as they play it up whether or not the couple will be saved (and the audience will probably know it before they say it). I could honestly see them using a save on a guy like Rob this season

Regarding the outbust, a few observations...

At first I thought CA was going off on the "don't disrepect Len" rant based on the fact that Maks dared respond to Len, but after seeing it again she was clearly responding to one specific comment, which was Mak's suggestion that maybe it was time for Len to get out of the business.

She clearly knows Maks and Len well enough to take this in stride without escalating it the way she did.

On the other hand, she jumped on that comment so fast that it didn't look like acting. It was the sort of reaction you would expect if someone attacked grandpa. In retrospect, I admire her reaction if she really was instinctively protecting Len.

I'm glad one of the Pros finally spoke out, but Maks does owe Len an appology for saying he was too old for the business.

Regarding CA, she was my favorite for many seasons, but her favoritism has become too obvious, her comments too bizzare, her voting too inconsistent. (Even Len called her out on that 9 for Nancy Grace.)

Re: Carrie Ann Inaba – Judge

I saw an interview with Maks in which he said that he's told Len for years that he needs to retire. I took it as a mostly-joking comment made between friends. Actually, looking at the playback, Maks is smiling when he makes that remark to Len. IMO, if CA had not jumped in at that remark then things wouldn't have escalated the way they did.
    Also, Maks said on his blog a few weeks back that he was upset by Len's comment that Hope wasn't working hard enough but he knew it was producer generated. Kind of serves as a reminder that so much of reality tv really isn't.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I saw an interview with Maks in which he said that he's told Len for years that he needs to retire. I took it as a mostly-joking comment made between friends. Actually, looking at the playback, Maks is smiling when he makes that remark to Len. IMO, if CA had not jumped in at that remark then things wouldn't have escalated the way they did.
    Also, Maks said on his blog a few weeks back that he was upset by Len's comment that Hope wasn't working hard enough but he knew it was producer generated. Kind of serves as a reminder that so much of reality tv really isn't.
    I think he was joking, or at least didn't mean for it to come out like that, but I do know it's not the first time I've heard from some of the pros that Len needed to retire. That was a couple of weeks ago, I think, when Hope was talking about how hard she was working, and we saw Len at the judges table basically call her a liar. That's when Maks said in his blog a lot of things are producer driven. It's why I don't pay much attention to rehearsal packages. Maks is the bad boy, Tony is the patron saint, Derek can be strict but goofy, Mark...not sure on that one, Kym's a sweetheart, Anna is the Russian spitfire, and Cheryl's a drill sergeant.

Carrie Ann has broken up with fiance. I remember when he proposed to her on "Live with Regis & Kelly". FWIW, I've always thought those on-air proposals were lame - whether it's on a tv show, ball game, flash mob, or whatever.

Carrie Ann Inaba calls off engagement - National celebrity relationships | Examiner.com
    Last edited by tango7; 09-12-2012 at 04:22 PM.

It would be really nice if her engagement with DWTS was called off as well.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast