+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 6/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I'll be anxious to see how they improve in the next few weeks. I liked a couple of the guys but I think Evander was my favorite. He just seemed to be having a lot of fun. Rachel probably looked prettier than any of the women. I wanted Trista to really shine and she didn't. Maybe next week.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Ok, it is official, not only is Trista the queen of pink but she is the Anti-Christ. Score of 6,6,6? Coincidence? I think not )

Evander and Edyta are officially my faves. Something about rooting for the underdog. Evander was a little stiff but he looked like he was having fun.

Rachel's partner was a little stuck on himself. Actually, all three of the male professionals were stuck on themselves. They all needed to be slapped.
    I noticed that about Evander, too! He was just in his own groove and his facial expressions showed it! I really enjoyed watching them dance. Granted they weren't the best but, I think the fun look on his face more than made up for it!

LOL @ Trista being the devil's minion!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Actually I like Tom Bergeron as a host. I like his sense of humor.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I thought Bergeron was a good host too.
    I normally can't stomach the guy on the video clip show he does.

I really enjoyed this show.
    I thought it was a lot of fun.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    Why do you say that the show was bad? How so? I thought it was quite charming... but then I love to dance!
    They already have run this idea in other countries, most notably Italy, and the result is much more refined. This show is trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator, even though it's higher concept. Here's where I think it fell flat:

1) Caliber of celebrities. These people should have been on the Surreal Life, not a sophisticated dancing competition. Enough said.
    2) Awful hosts. Tom Bergeron? What's-her-face in an awful green dress? Too much cheese and not enough sex appeal, which is sorely needed to bring some excitement to this show.
    3) Not enough behind the scenes. I wanted to see more frustration, relationship building and chemistry between teacher and student.
    4) Judging. This is a stale ripoff of American Idol, except without the personality. They all seem like caricatures without credibility.
    5) Partners. I don't mind the crazy out of control egos--that actually makes me laugh. But I do think they should have to swap partners to give everyone a more even playing field. Also, men should be judged against men and women against women. The skill set for dance is very uneven, so it's not right to make them compete in one lump group.

Anyway, I'll bet that the second season, if this continues, will be scads better.

I thought the show was pretty good too, Fluff. Much better than I expected it to be. It seemed like they were all enjoying themselves, except for Kelly. I think she was concentrating too hard - she never once smiled.

Instead of Elimadancer they should perform for a set number of weeks and tally up the points at the end of it all. That way a team can weather one bad week and we have more people to make fun of critique each week. Sorry, if this was already said.

Some favorite lines:

- I would rather wear no shirt than either of those.
    - Can I have a new celebrity?
    - The last thing I want to show on TV is that I don't have rhythm.

I cringed when I saw Tom as the host, but he did have some funny comments; especially about the trashing Kelly took.

I actually only saw the last 10 minutes and I said oh crapola I missed what looks like a good show especially for a guy my age.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    and we have more people to make fun of critique each week.
    LOL! I've read some snarky comments on this board but this one takes the cake.

I caught the end of the show so I'm glad they did the short recaps at the end. Did anyone bother to vote?

"I actually enjoyed the show, although maybe not for the reasons that ABC was thinking - umm, Edyta. Nah really, I enjoyed seeing the stars outside of their element and trying to dance. The looks on Evander and John's face had me laughing a bit."

I enjoyed it too, even though I wasn't actually thinking of watching it, and came across it by channel surfing. I love dancing, though, so watched the entire episode.

I enjoyed Joey and his partner the most because I love Beyonce's song. Secondly, I liked Evander and Edyta because I thought she was a sensational dancer. I thought the best male dancer was Trista's partner (Louis?).

I thought Trista, Rachel, and Kelly were all bad.

Did not vote. I have gone off voting. I will just watch it play out.

Namaste.

+ Reply to Thread