+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 6/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

[QUOTE=DarKensoul7]The thing that needs to stop is the excessive booing. QUOTE]
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade
    Yes there it was, although I couldn't ogle it this time, the Misses was talking to me and looking right at me.

My wife did the ballroom dancing thing growing up and while she didn't watch the show too closely, she thought Joey did the best overall (although she did watch less and less intently as the show went on).
    I think Joey did the best with John a close second! The others just didn't seem as good to me.

IMHO - Trista didn't really "waltz" so much as skip while dancing. And her partner did drag her around a little.

FORT Newbie

Was the show rigged?

Did anybody else notice that the announcer said that there "were two people tied for second place" before the last vote was counted. This sure makes it look like the show was rigged.

David

Ok, it is official, not only is Trista the queen of pink but she is the Anti-Christ. Score of 6,6,6? Coincidence? I think not )

Evander and Edyta are officially my faves. Something about rooting for the underdog. Evander was a little stiff but he looked like he was having fun.

Rachel's partner was a little stuck on himself. Actually, all three of the male professionals were stuck on themselves. They all needed to be slapped.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I thought I'd throw my two cents in.

I thought Kelly was very good and I believe the judges were too harsh on her. (It probably doesn't hurt that I am a General Hospital fan and she plays one of my favorite characters on the show)

Personally, I was impressed with Trista. I thought her partner was a little agressive in leading but her movements were very sharp and presise.

John (the oldest of the gang) can join me at home anytime. What a pleasure it was to watch him and his partner. On top of that he looked like he was having a blast.

Evander - hummm........not a ballroom dancer but fun to watch none the less

Joey - okay - cute - nice eyes.......didn't draw me in with his performace

Rachel - beautiful girl but seems a little big next to her partner. perhaps it was just height but I wasn't feeling the flow.......just a lot of fancy poses.

My ranking on dance moves: (I obviously don't know about dancing if these judges are indeed professionals)
    Kelly - Trista
    John -
    Joey
    Rachel
    Evander
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by gagi
    Guys, this is really messed up. I don't know how ABC can verify any of the telephone votes. I've only dialed one number and have hit redial for the past 45 minutes. The last recording I heard (while voting for John and Charlotte) was "Thank you for voting for Kelly and Alec."

Things are really messed up.
    LOL...sounds like they picked up some bad habits from AI, huh???
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

So much for one vote per e-mail address. Sounds like ABC has some kinks to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Rachel's partner was a little stuck on himself. Actually, all three of the male professionals were stuck on themselves. They all needed to be slapped.
    I'm not liking them so far. I don't have a favorite yet, I guess we'll see next episode.

Well I had no problems here on the West Coast.

5 votes for Joey and 5 votes for John.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Ok, it is official, not only is Trista the queen of pink but she is the Anti-Christ. Score of 6,6,6? Coincidence? I think not )
    dagwood! Forget all the "rigged votes" stuff - this is way more interesting!

My thoughts...

Wow - Evander Holyfield is kind of hot No, not really a great dancer, but man, when he came out in that white shirt all unbuttoned.

Best by far was John - who knew J. Peterman could dance!? They definitely should be in first above the other two couples.

Rachel Hunter - there she goes breaking those stereotypes about supermodels being vacuous! Really, she looked like a big giraffe galumping around out there. Not good.

Joey McIntyre is cute as a button and I feel like a dirty old lady (even though I've only got about 8 years on him) for saying it! Okay, I just looked and he's only 4 years younger than I am. SO - I'm not a dirty old woman and he is a little hottie

I didn't think Kelly Monaco was as bad as the judges said she was. I was kind of hoping she'd toss her cookies or something though - that would've been drama!

Why oh WHY did they have to get that nitwit Tom Bergeron to host this show? WHO thinks he is funny (aside from Tom, himself, I mean)? What an ass.

By far, the worst thing about this show (other than the host) is the music. UGH! At one point, I just muted it and it was much better.

Yes, male dancers tend to be quite arrogant as a rule (this is coming from a former dancer who dealt with a lot of huge male egos!). I loved Kelly making the "big head" gesture to the camera when her partner's back was turned. And she works in soaps, so she knows big egos!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

This show is soooo incredibly bad.

+ Reply to Thread