+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 6/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I tried all the lines once and they were all busy. The show can't be that popular. How many phone lines do they have 10?

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I tried all the lines once and they were all busy. The show can't be that popular. How many phone lines do they have 10?
    They can have one number per person, but there are many lines attached to it. It could be 24, 48, 96, etc.

(Yeah, I'm a computer geek. My company does a ton of programs like that.)

Random comments:

1. Makes me miss Championship Ballroom Dancing. Used to watch it on PBS for years, but I'm not sure it's even broadcast any more.

2. My first impression of Bruno Tonioli is - well done! American Idol judges should catch a clue from him.

3. I think it's great that Evander Holyfield and John O'Hurley (and all the celebs, really) have a sense of humor and are good sports about all this, but it's not exactly an even playing field, is it? These two guys (and maybe Kelly?) appear to have no dance background, whereas Trista, Joey, and Rachel all seem to have some sort of dance experience (though not ballroom). I think that's why the judge's scores were the way they were--making allowances for the celebs that have no dance background. Just a thought.

Well I have to root/vote for John O'Hurley not just for his and his partner's performance tonight, but also for the fact that he was born in Kittery, Maine (which is where I grew up -- I was born in York, Maine which borders Kittery)...and being from Southern Maine I also have geographic permission to pronounce it "KitTREE" ;-)

Hey! After frantically hitting redial for about half an hour, I heard a man with an english accent say, "Thank you for voting for John and Charlotte."

I guess ABC finally worked the kinks out!

Edited to add
    I think I spoke too soon. My next call was those numbers again. Maybe I should play the lottery with them!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I'm rooting for the guys....Go Joey Go John Go Evander ...
    I agree with the judges-Kelly needs to be the one to go.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    "two thousand seven hundred twenty-seven one one four zero four zero five one nine" is the message I keep getting.
    This is all I get on Joey's and John's lines...haven't been able to get thru at all.........anyone know how long we can call?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Guys, this is really messed up. I don't know how ABC can verify any of the telephone votes. I've only dialed one number and have hit redial for the past 45 minutes. The last recording I heard (while voting for John and Charlotte) was "Thank you for voting for Kelly and Alec."

Things are really messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    This is all I get on Joey's and John's lines...haven't been able to get thru at all.........anyone know how long we can call?
    Apparently, it's one hour. I just got a message that my time zone is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by gagi
    I think I got through twice. The recording didn't tell me if I voted for the right person. I just heard numbers "two thousand seven hundred twenty-seven one one four...." then dtmf tones.

I don't think I dialed wrong...

Anyone have the same experience?
    I did - I am thinking I got through. I voted for Joey and Ashley!

+ Reply to Thread