+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: John O'Hurley - Celebrity Dancer

Quote Originally Posted by paulvons
    I haven't seen this show from the beginning so I'm curious to know if any of the judges have commented on all the facial expressions he uses. I agree he's a good dancer but I find all the faces he makes completely distracting. Thanks
    I don't think that the judges have mentioned the facial expressions but there has been a lot of discussion about it here. Just read over all the posts here, I can't remember exactly where but probably on the Show Discussions. Actually John has sort of toned down the expressions in the last two weeks. this week was better than the others. I think he is just having a ball out there and is acting silly. He's a lot of fun to watch. Like you, I could do without so much facial action.
    Last edited by Muduh; 06-23-2005 at 03:31 PM.

Somewhere between La La Land and Sin City
    I think John's facial expressions are key to his "popularity." It shows how much fun he is having and what the challenges are. I realize technical proficiency is important to the judges, but to us lowly public, I think it's important that the dancer-celebs are enjoying what they are doing. And isn't that what dancing is all about?? (Ducking for cover now).

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by PHan
    I think John's facial expressions are key to his "popularity." It shows how much fun he is having and what the challenges are. I realize technical proficiency is important to the judges, but to us lowly public, I think it's important that the dancer-celebs are enjoying what they are doing. And isn't that what dancing is all about?? (Ducking for cover now).
    I think the judges initially remarked that he put on an effective "performance," and I think they were including the facial expressions in that.

Quote Originally Posted by bacardivamp19
    I think the show's a riot! It's fun and flashy! Just the amount of cheese I need for the summer!
    Welcome bacardivamp. I love this show too. I do not find John cheesy (I do find Joey cheesy).

Now that Rachel is gone, John is my fav to win. He really seems to be enjoying himself, even during the gruelling pratices.

I also want John to win. He seemed a tad stiff Wed. night but still great. I just love him! And Kelly rocked as well. She handled that wardrobe malfunction very well while still dancing the best she's been thus far.

But it's John who I want to win this thing. He is quite lovely to watch...sigh. I did want Rachel to go farther but her performance paled in comparison to the others. Except Joey's. I don't think he's all that good, his goofy expressions rather distract me.

GO JOHN!!!

I watched this for the first time last night, and I loved the facial expressions. He was a lot more entertaining to watch than some of the others, and I like that he and his partner went with more classical versions of the dances. I'm rooting for him to win.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I watched this for the first time last night, and I loved the facial expressions. He was a lot more entertaining to watch than some of the others, and I like that he and his partner went with more classical versions of the dances. I'm rooting for him to win.
    Same here, Lucy
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I really hope he wins.
    It would just be so wrong if Kelly did.
    John is not only entertaining, he's completely launched himself into the role of ballroom dancer and he's the best of the celebrities by far imo.

I HAV ENJOYED WATCHING THIS SHOW SO MUCH!!!! JOHN IS A HOOT.

THANKS 'BILL' & 'MS. FILANGI' FOR WELCOMING TO THE FORT LAST WEEK!!!

I have found just the right thing to shed the weight I've gained this year. eatin' & studyin' with my books. Watching John, [and I just read about how much wieght he's lost] I'm inspired.

I really hope he and Charlotta win. they deserve it.

Has anyone else noticed the heavy airplay of that insurance complany commercial, featuring John and that guy Tony who was a contestant on Mr. Romance? It's a hoot! I'd like to think that they're pandering to us FORT fans as a very desirable demographic. Heh...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast