+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Kelly Monaco - Celebrity Dancer

I'm a little disappointed that John & Charlotta didn't win, but I give Kelly credit. I think she's a beautiful girl, but I really do think she tried very hard and did listen to the judge's critiques.

I give her a lot of credit.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

July 22, 2005 -- KELLY Monaco, the surprise winner of "Dancing with the Stars," could be waltzing over to a role on ABC stablemate "Desperate Housewives."

"I thought she did an amazing job dancing on that big ['Dancing'] finale," "Housewives" creator Marc Cherry told "Access Hollywood."

"I think she's great," Cherry said. "I haven't started to think of how to fit her into Wisteria Lane, but she's awfully talented."

"AH" co-host Billy Bush then asked Cherry if he would be "out of his mind" to assume Monaco would appear on "Housewives."

"You would not be out of your mind," Cherry replied.

The casting of Monaco would be easy, considering she stars on "General Hospital" — which, like "Housewives," airs on ABC.

When Monaco was asked by "AH" about appearing on "Housewives," she didn't exactly deny the rumor.

"We'll see," she said. "I can't say anything. I'm sworn to secrecy."

Monaco beat out former "Seinfeld" co-star John O'Hurley for the "Dancing with the Stars" crown.

The hit summer series paired celebrities with dancing pros, who taught the stars two dances a week before they performed live, with one "couple" voted off the show each week.

The show's been renewed for a second season, which will air early next year.

"Housewives" was last season's breakout hit, telling the (often sordid) tales of the women of Wisteria Lane: Gabrielle (Eva Longoria), Susan (Teri Hatcher), Bree (Marcia Cross), Lynette (Felicity Huffman) and Edie (Nicollette Sheridan).
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/50143.htm

FORT Regular
    To be honest with you, I just did not know that John O'Hurley was such a poor loser. I know that he was disappointed but others worked just as hard and put in their fair amount of work and training for the show just did Kelly. He is the only one that is making a stink about it.. IN the Yahoo Gossip this morning he really threw a suttle dagger at the show. He is so arrogant and pompous until it's no longer funny. THey speak of females being pettily - just look at John.

He needs to just check himself and get over it

Quote Originally Posted by rilond
    To be honest with you, I just did not know that John O'Hurley was such a poor loser. I know that he was disappointed but others worked just as hard and put in their fair amount of work and training for the show just did Kelly. He is the only one that is making a stink about it.. IN the Yahoo Gossip this morning he really threw a suttle dagger at the show. He is so arrogant and pompous until it's no longer funny. THey speak of females being pettily - just look at John.

He needs to just check himself and get over it
    I have yet to hear John O'Hurley be anything but a good sport and good loser. Disappointed, yes, as any of those who didn't win would be. But I have yet to hear him say anything that could be construed as being a poor loser. And he certainly hasn't 'made a stink' about it, nor have I ever seen him be pompous and arrogant. So I was interested to see what he said, but I can't find anything on Yahoo Gossip regarding anything he's said. I found Kelly Monaco stuff (nothing interesting though), but nothing John said.

Although I thought I searched Yahoo Gossip pretty thoroughly for the past 2 days items to find it, it's always possible it was right under my nose and I missed it. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened. Can you provide a link, so we can read it? If he is suddenly 'making a stink' about it, I'd be interested to read that. Thanks
    Last edited by Nemeses; 07-27-2005 at 04:45 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    I have yet to hear John O'Hurley be anything but a good sport and good loser.
    The re-match episodes provide incontrovertible proof that John O'Hurley is a sore loser.

The one thing that set this show apart from all the other reality show competitions is that it was good, clean fun that rejected the vitriol of all those other hateful competition shows.

"Dancing" jumped the shark thanks to the Trumped up controversy -- pun intended.

Kudos to Kelly for shrugging off her re-match loss as no big deal since she was competing for a worthy cause. John, on the other hand, deserves a rebuke, for making it all about his ego.
    Last edited by Winston Smith; 09-24-2005 at 02:13 AM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr...=20060316abc01

TOM BERGERON AND KELLY MONACO NAMED HOSTS OF 33rd ANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY AWARDS
    Released by ABC

Live from Hollywood’s Kodak Theater, the Broadcast Airs Friday, April 28 on ABC

Tom Bergeron (“Dancing with the Stars,” “America’s Funniest Home Videos”) and Kelly Monaco (“General Hospital,” Season-One winner of “Dancing with the Stars”) have been named hosts of “The 33rd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards,” which will be telecast live for the very first time from Hollywood’s Kodak Theater, FRIDAY, APRIL 28 (8:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT; tape-delayed to the West Coast) on the ABC Television Network. This will be their first time as hosts. The announcement was made today by Brian Frons, president, ABC Daytime, and Ricky Kirshner and Glenn Weiss, executive producers of the Awards presentation.

In making the announcement, Mr. Frons said: “Tom and Kelly have fans in daytime and primetime, making them the perfect choice for hosting this year’s telecast. As we broadcast for the first time in Hollywood, there’s more anticipation and excitement than ever before, and I can’t think of a better way to energize this year’s Daytime Emmys.”

Mr. Kirshner and Mr. Weiss continued: “We are very excited to be working with Tom and Kelly. They both are great talents and really highlight how daytime stars cross over into primetime and keep their audience entertained.”

A past Daytime Emmy winner, Mr. Bergeron has been known to millions of viewers as the host of ABC’s mega hit series, “Dancing with the Stars,” as well as “America’s Funniest Home Videos.” He also has worked in radio with his own self-named program.

An Emmy nominee for Best Actress in a Daytime Drama this year, Ms. Monaco has portrayed the rebellious yet sexy Samantha McCall on ABC Daytime’s no. 1 drama, “General Hospital,” for the last two-and-a-half years. This past summer she also starred in and won the championship of Season One of the ABC primetime sensation, “Dancing with the Stars.” Previous television credits include “Port Charles,” “Baywatch” and “Spin City.”

A limited number of seats are still available for the April 28th ceremony and can be purchased directly from all Ticketmaster locations, including the company’s website at ticketmaster.com. Tickets can also be purchased Monday through Saturday, from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., at the Kodak Theater Box Office at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood.

In addition, credentials for the Daytime Emmys red carpet and post-show are now available at www.abcmedianet.com.

More news on the show, presenters, performers and other guest stars will be announced at a later date.

“The 33rd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards” will be broadcast live on ABC FRIDAY, APRIL 28, from Hollywood’s famed Kodak Theater, from 8:00-11:00 p.m., ET/PT (tape-delayed to the West Coast). This year marks the first time in the ceremony’s history the Daytime Emmy telecast will be presented on the West Coast. White Cherry Entertainment will produce the show.

The Awards recognize outstanding achievement in all fields of daytime television production and are presented to individuals and programs broadcast from 2:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. during the 2005 calendar year. “The 33rd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards” is a presentation of the National Television Academy in cooperation with the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567