+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Monaco - Celebrity Dancer

If this were a competition for advanced or professional dancers, then I would be much more critical of pointy feet and floppy hands or bad posture or whatever else the real pros are judged for...

But Kelly brings the hot pepperjack to this summer cheesefest. She is beautiful and I like her attitude. She is not afraid to admit that this is hard, she is trying her best, and she hopes she can stay another week. She certainly doesn't act as if she is entitled to be crowned queen of the dance.

I will grant that Kelly, and many of the other contestants sometimes are caught with unusual facial expressions. But this is LIVE tv, and nothing is edited out, and they also are forced to stand around doing nothing while others are interviewed.

Kelly and the others also, are either stressed about the live dance yet to come, or winded from the dance they just completed. Also they have worked hard for a solid week, and somebody is getting axed...that puts stress and probably a worried or concerned expression on any of their faces. Most of the viewing public would certain look and sound equally stressed and worried.

I would so much rather see honest emotions on the faces of the competitors than fake, pasted on smiles (Trista, I mean you darlin').

FORT Newbie
    kelly......... how do i put it delicately........

is a b*t*h! (and yes i'm putting IT delicately)

she is a sore loser and she seems sooooooooo negative all the time

you can tell she's always unhappy about something with her FAKEess smiles

or 'forced' smiles i should say to her little loser-life-complexity

some people are just born losers and she seems to be one of them

trista booted before her was just plain dumb, the majority of those who voted

has clearly cheered for those with less dance talent than those who have

more...... at least those with more dancing potential.

Wow...

Kelly OBVIOUSLY not loved by all...

It's like we are not even talking about the same person.

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Whoah! We almost had a Janet Redux time two last night. At first I thought it was a curious choreography choice when Kelly cupped her breasts while doing a side step across the dance floor. Didn't realize it was because her strap broke and her boobs almost popped out of her top until one of the judges mentioned it.

While I have always like Kelly from the beginning, I'm even more impressed with her now. She listens to the judges, takes the improvements they tell her to make and does them. This week it was the ballet lessons. She had to fit that in extra on top of learning the two dances. IMO it improved her lines immensely, just that little bit of training.

I also think that she (along with Evander) had the furthest to go in terms of never having any kind of training at all. The others have had some kind of dance in their backgrounds. While they are different steps to learn, it is an advantage that showed up early on with some of the others (in the lines of their arms, etc.) Kelly has worked hard to overcome these things and it's great how far she is improving.

I definitely admire her work-as-hard-as-she-can attitude to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith
    Whoah! We almost had a Janet Redux time two last night. At first I thought it was a curious choreography choice when Kelly cupped her breasts while doing a side step across the dance floor. Didn't realize it was because her strap broke and her boobs almost popped out of her top until one of the judges mentioned it.
    I thought the same thing. lol
    I don't want the ocean in my seashell. I just want a boyfriend with a brain cell. Stretch Princess

Well, I can't wait to see Kelly perform tonight. I thought she was clearly the best last week, and hope she can keep it up.

I'm surprised of the people that say she's whiny, etc...
    What I see is someone who's worked so hard to get better, and although in the beginning she was treated so unfairly, she's listened to the judges' advice, and did what they told her she needed to.

I applaud her, and totally think she deserves to be in the top 3.

I just watched the encore showing and it actually surprised me how little Kelly cupped her breasts during the actual dance. There were a few times that her hands went up, but not like I thought I remembered. She still did most all of her wide arm movements and I don't think it sacrificed the effect of her samba at all.

It must just have been her grabbing herself during the interview afterwards that distracted me. They were great!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    It must just have been her grabbing herself during the interview afterwards that distracted me. They were great!
    I watched it again too Broadway. No distraction at all for me.

I like Kelly and she's the most improved because she was really bad at the beginning.

But I have to agree with those who say her attitude sucks. She looks like a sore loser. It's too bad she will probably win because I'm sure we'd see her freak if she lost. Everytime she has been given negative feedback she's got this look on her face yelling "bite me" and she doesn't seem to lack in the ego department.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast