+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Who Do You Want To Win DWTS Season 18?

Re: Who Do You Want To Win DWTS Season 18?

Well, Jimmy Kimmel has Amy for the win in his money pool. He got great odds because everyone thought he was crazy.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

Meryl was the Olympic darling just as Shawn was during her season and Kristie during hers. All three are excellent dancers, so it really is no surprise that they are favorites and should come as no surprise to the producers by now either.
    That's the other thing that gets to me when people say the fix is in for Maks specifically. Meryl started off as the favorite as soon as her name was announced in the cast. She needed a partner, and she was going to be a gift to whoever that partner turned out to be. It turned out to be Maks, and why not?

The only pro who didn't "deserve" her IMO was Henry because he's a total rookie and needs to get some experience with how the show works before being able to do justice to someone of her caliber. I think it's also legitimate to say that pairing her with someone as good at winning as Derek would have heightened her advantage over everyone else in a way that would not have been enjoyable.

IMO, from what I have witnessed, I think the show has slanted the favor in Amy's direction. Plus, if you could have heard them this morning....it was like they were on Amy's fan club. All the ooohhing and awwhhhhing and proclamations over Amy. Too much. Then they look embarrassed that they have to reveal the poll results.

One funny thing. They had a dance expert on too and they apparently thought he would follow their lead about Amy and they showed her acrobatics. The guy looked apologetic and said, he had to go on dancing performance and not the stuff in the air. lol He said Meryl was the standout, in his opinion. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spice View Post
    That's the other thing that gets to me when people say the fix is in for Maks specifically. Meryl started off as the favorite as soon as her name was announced in the cast. She needed a partner, and she was going to be a gift to whoever that partner turned out to be. It turned out to be Maks, and why not?

The only pro who didn't "deserve" her IMO was Henry because he's a total rookie and needs to get some experience with how the show works before being able to do justice to someone of her caliber. I think it's also legitimate to say that pairing her with someone as good at winning as Derek would have heightened her advantage over everyone else in a way that would not have been enjoyable.
    I would have loved to see her with Tristan.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

That was Louis Van Amstal who has been running dance lessons on the DWTS website concurrent with the show.

I have to admit I remember Amy been concerned early in the season that a limb would fall off...last night I held my breath thinking that exact thing might happen given the speed at which she was whipping around.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm hearing that James' fans are up in arms that his votes were not counted correctly. I wonder if there's any proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm hearing that James' fans are up in arms that his votes were not counted correctly. I wonder if there's any proof of that.
    I honestly don't really think it matters. This show is between Amy & Meryl and has been all season. The parings were perfect. If Meryl had been paired with Derek, they would have been amazing but Meryl would have most likely been voted out earlier on based on her prior involvement with Derek. I do not think any other pro, male or female, could have dealt with Amy's unique situation better than Derek. I also do not think we would have been treated to the sizzle, breath taking heat that was what Meryl & Maks had last night. With Derek she would have been amazing but there would not have been any spark what-so-ever.
    I don't like the fact that Derek relied on props, distractions & over dancing with Amy for a good part of the season but again I understand her unique situation. That rope at the end was not needed in her freestyle. IMHO it distracted from the dance.

James fans may be upset & rightfully so BUT I do not think they are taking the huge christian right movement that has supported Candace through out this competition. Last night on facebook there was a group that was adamant that Candace had the best freestyle of the night. Bunny here might have had some wine last night but not that much that I missed her incredible preformance. With all due respect to Candace she has come a far way but is not in the same club as Amy or Meryl. To them(facebook) to have taken it to the point where they thought every other dancer's coustumes were vulgar & belonged in Vegas and not on DWTS was a bit cary-cray...okay I will give them on Peta's costume.

While I am hoping for a Meryl win I won't be upset if Amy were to come out on top. If Candace were to win, oh Lordy...Now I would go so far as to call a fix or start a petition to ABC but I would just shake my head & have another glass of wine.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Newbie

I heard the same thing from some Charlie fans who looked at their Facebook voting history and saw that all of their Charlie votes were gone. After somebody is eliminated, their votes are wiped out from the voting history. It's not an error.

I've also heard that people try to click on one couple and the vote gets registered for another couple. That's because if you have a slow web browser and click on somebody's picture before the page is fully loaded, the page will jump and you will have clicked on the wrong couple. User error.
    ilja and Debb70 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345