+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: NeNe Leakes & Tony Dovolani - Season 18

Re: NeNe Leakes & Tony Dovolani - Season 18

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I have never been a big fan of hers - but considering who we could have had from the reality TV arena, I guess I can live with this one. I agree with others though, I really hope for Tony's sake she is nice and not a diva.
    The only two places I have seen her is on Glee where she played the swimming coach and that was from a show that was scripted. I more recently saw her do guest appearances on "The Chew". She was such a diva on that show and downright mean. I remember one time they had some sort of contest that they have where people submit their best recipes and she practically spit out one of the dishes, right in front of the woman who had made it, and had nothing good to say. Other times when they were trying food she never had anything good to say about anything she tried. People even wrote in asking them not to have her on as a guest because of her attitude. For Tony's sake I hope she doesn't act like that with him.

Best of Luck to Tony NeNe and hope she shows a better side of herself.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    The only two places I have seen her is on Glee where she played the swimming coach and that was from a show that was scripted. I more recently saw her do guest appearances on "The Chew". She was such a diva on that show and downright mean. I remember one time they had some sort of contest that they have where people submit their best recipes and she practically spit out one of the dishes, right in front of the woman who had made it, and had nothing good to say. Other times when they were trying food she never had anything good to say about anything she tried. People even wrote in asking them not to have her on as a guest because of her attitude. For Tony's sake I hope she doesn't act like that with him.

Best of Luck to Tony NeNe and hope she shows a better side of herself.
    I didn't know that about her, isn't she one of the real housewives? or wasn't she? At first I had to google her as well, until someone said celebrity apprentice..I saw her on a talk show and she had a big mouth. thank goodness she isn't paired with Maks, I don't think these two would mesh
    jucamer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I didn't know that about her, isn't she one of the real housewives? or wasn't she? At first I had to google her as well, until someone said celebrity apprentice..I saw her on a talk show and she had a big mouth. thank goodness she isn't paired with Maks, I don't think these two would mesh
    Yes, I believe she was on Housewives of Atlanta, but I never watch that show and don't know if she still is. I was only familiar with her from the two shows I mentioned. Height wise she would be better with Maks because he is the tallest and Meryl is only 5'3". That's an 11 inch difference and even with extremely high heels it will be a big difference. He is listed as 6'2" (the tallest). Yet, I agree personality wise NeNe and Maks would not work.

ETA I don't think Maks would have come back if he drew NeNe as a partner. jmo He has a wonderful partner in Meryl.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 03-05-2014 at 01:29 PM.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Yes, I believe she was on Housewives of Atlanta, but I never watch that show and don't know if she still is. I was only familiar with her from the two shows I mentioned. Height wise she would be better with Maks because he is the tallest and Meryl is only 5'3". That's an 11 inch difference and even with extremely high heels it will be a big difference. He is listed as 6'2" (the tallest). Yet, I agree personality wise NeNe and Maks would not work.

ETA I don't think Maks would have come back if he drew NeNe as a partner. jmo He has a wonderful partner in Meryl.
    Maks quit on them once. He said it was to seek other opportunities, and I am sure that was a part of it, but the rest of it, and I bet a good bit of it was that Maks was tired of some of the "stuff" that he thought was un-necessarily sometimes thrown his way - and sometimes it was to give him that credit. (Sometimes his temperament caused some of it as well in all objective honesty.)

If this board is any indication, then the producers heard a great deal about getting Maks back, and if so, they aren't in any hurry to create any immediate and un-necessary fireworks with the temperamental Maks by pairing him with a can be diva NeNe regardless of the height issue. The drama might just come with too high of a price tag as regarding the relations with Maks.

Also, it might have been - sure don't know but it is possible - that Meryl requested Derek, but that definitely wasn't going to work since it is widely known that he choreographed for her Olympics number as well as that would put 2 bell ringers together at a time when Derek just doesn't need to automatically win again. The next best thing, therefore in my guess, was to promise Meryl the handsome and highly requested by the fans, fresh off Broadway Maks ( and let Derek have the handicapped Olympian which is a good scenario all the way around).
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I agree Bloomers. I only mentioned the height difference in the sense that if NeNe was someone who was known to be as nice as Meryl is then it might have made more sense to pair the two tallest people together. I would NOT want to see Maks paired with NeNe at all.

I did read that Meryl originally requested Derek because she was familiar with him because he had choreographed the short program for her and Charlie for the Olympics. I'm sure TPTB knew that would not work because the fans would claim foul. My guess is that they hoped to get Maks back and offered him to Meryl and of course she said yes. It's a win win for everyone imo.

FORT Fogey

I agree Bloomers. I only mentioned the height difference in the sense that if NeNe was someone who was known to be as nice as Meryl is then it might have made more sense to pair the two tallest people together. I would NOT want to see Maks paired with NeNe at all.

I did read that Meryl originally requested Derek because she was familiar with him because he had choreographed the short program for her and Charlie for the Olympics. I'm sure TPTB knew that would not work because the fans would claim foul. My guess is that they hoped to get Maks back and offered him to Meryl and of course she said yes. It's a win win for everyone imo.
    Yeah, pairing Derek and Meryl would have created very bad publicity for the show and a huge conflict of interest. Incidentally, Derek himself said he learned as much from them (Davis and White) as he learned from them, since choreographing for an ice dancing short program, where certain rhythms and moves are required, not all of them anything you'd want to do on the dance floor, is different than choreographing anything for the ballroom (and vice versa, of course).

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I'm thrilled Nene will be on this season. I have a feeling she's going to put her all into it. And while I'm glad she's paired with Tony, I wish they would have paired her with Maksim. I can just imagine the dynamic between the two of them, especially during rehearsals...LOL
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I'm delighted they didn't pair her with Maks. The entertainment I get from this show is from dancing, not from volatile combinations. As much as I like Tony and his remarkable patience, at least I can fast forward through Nene's segments and just catch Tony's routines after they've been eliminated. I wouldn't even wish her on Mark, whom is the only pro that I really don't like.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I'm thrilled Nene will be on this season. I have a feeling she's going to put her all into it. And while I'm glad she's paired with Tony, I wish they would have paired her with Maksim. I can just imagine the dynamic between the two of them, especially during rehearsals...LOL
    That would be hilarious.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

MAKS and NeNe?

TPTB aren't TOTALLY crazy, I think.

If they WERE, I believe they'd've just looked at the height matchups and put together the pairings based solely on that.

Which might've/would've probably ended in NeNe and Maks being paired.

Personality-wise, a pairing of those two would've been the equivalent of the Titanic on the dance floor (AND in the rehearsal studio!).

And perhaps jail time for one, the other, or both.

Good call to NOT put them together.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast