+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Charlie White & Sharna Burgess - Season 18

Charlie White & Sharna Burgess - Season 18

Charlie White
    Season 18

Pro: Sharna Burgess

Paired in 1997, Charlie White, 26, and his partner Meryl Davis 27, are the longest-running ice dancing partnership in the history of United States figure skating. White, who grew up just down the street from his partner, began skating at the age of three. They are 2014 Olympic Gold Medalists, 2010 Olympic Silver Medalists and 2011 & 2013 World Champions. White and Davis are also six-time (2009-2014) U.S. Champions, and five-time (2001-2013) Grand Prix Final Champions. Led by one of the most successful coaching teams in the world, they have steadily climbed the ranks of the U.S. and international ice dancing world. In 2006, they made their senior debut on the Grand Prix Series. They dominated the international skating scene this season, standing atop the podium at all six competitions they entered. By winning the 2013 World Championships, the team made figure skating history, becoming the only U.S. ice dancing team to ever win two World titles. The second title cemented their place in figure skating history and positioned them as the team to beat at the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.

White is an avid sports fan, particularly hockey. An accomplished hockey player himself, White was part of a State Championship-winning team. Believing education is important, he is currently a student at the University of Michigan and hopes to attend law school in the future.

Charlie White - Dancing With The Stars - ABC.com

Re: Charlie White & Sharna Burgess - Season 18

I like Charlie..I bet he does well. I also love Sharna
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Charlie and Meryl both. This will be fun to watch.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Charlie and Meryl both. This will be fun to watch.
    I agree, they will be fun.I just have soft spot for Charlie
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Sharna and Charlie.

Love 'em, BOTH!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Have followed both Charlie and Meryl throughout their ice dancing career and love them both. This should be a fun competition for the two of them. I love Sharna as well and so happy to see this pairing.

Good luck Charlie and Sharna!!!
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

The Maks/Meryl combination is getting a lot of attention, but I think the fact that, in Charlie, Sharna has a male partner who actually knows how to lead already and is familiar with various dance forms is being overlooked. Charlie may surprise a lot of people, because in ice dance, the focus is often on the woman and the man sets her up for that attention. I would think on DWTS, Sharna would be choreographing to put a lot of attention on him, particularly since she has a partner who's young and athletic and used to training for many hours a day. Not to mention the fact that he can move and express a character well.

He won't have any trouble doing lifts either. Ice dancing only allows limited lifts, but at least he's still done them. And anyone who's watched D/W twizzle knows there's not going to be another male celebrity who can turn as fast as he can this season.
    Florimel, ness and GabbyG like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    The Maks/Meryl combination is getting a lot of attention, but I think the fact that, in Charlie, Sharna has a male partner who actually knows how to lead already and is familiar with various dance forms is being overlooked. Charlie may surprise a lot of people, because in ice dance, the focus is often on the woman and the man sets her up for that attention. I would think on DWTS, Sharna would be choreographing to put a lot of attention on him, particularly since she has a partner who's young and athletic and used to training for many hours a day. Not to mention the fact that he can move and express a character well.

He won't have any trouble doing lifts either. Ice dancing only allows limited lifts, but at least he's still done them. And anyone who's watched D/W twizzle knows there's not going to be another male celebrity who can turn as fast as he can this season.
    Sure had not thought of it this way. I guess I am relating more to her than him because when watching the two of them skate, she is the fancier of the two of them; therefore, my eyes go to her.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Sure had not thought of it this way. I guess I am relating more to her than him because when watching the two of them skate, she is the fancier of the two of them; therefore, my eyes go to her.
    That's part of it too--the costumes on the women tend to draw more attention to them as well. Plus, in the lifts, she's obviously the one where your attention is drawn, but if Charlie weren't as strong as he is, those lifts would be a mess.
    Florimel and ness like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    That's part of it too--the costumes on the women tend to draw more attention to them as well. Plus, in the lifts, she's obviously the one where your attention is drawn, but if Charlie weren't as strong as he is, those lifts would be a mess.
    Either a mess, or not at ALL, I think!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast