+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Billy Dee Williams & Emma Slater - Season 18

Re: Billy Dee Williams & Emma Slater - Season 18

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Well, I can clearly see one of the early fan favorites.
    He really is.
    jucamer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yes, he is a fan favorite and he's earned the respect and love. For me, he just always had a natural charm about him.
    jucamer likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Pretty as he is, believe it or not, Billy Dee was never one of my favorites.

He always struck me as being one who believed his own publicity, KNEW he was good-looking, etc., and seemed stuck on himself. Matter of fact, I CLEARLY remember an article in Ebony magazine --- YEARS ago! --- where they interviewed him at his house. Of course, the house came complete with a pool. But BDW didn't want ANY shots taken of him in there, because he was worried about/didn't want his HAIR GETTING WET!

Please.

A WOMAN, I can see . . .

But a MAN?

DOUBLE please.

SMH.

They finally DID convince him to get in there. But the pic was of him with his back to the wall of the pool, with his elbows up on the deck. Which allowed his head and shoulders to be ABOVE the water level, of course.

Also, he was holding a drink in one hand, a big-ass cigar in the other, and grinning like a cat that'd just fallen into a barrel of sardines.

Stylin' and profilin' ALL THE WAY.

Oh, and this just occurred to me . . .

I also recall that he played Diahann Carroll's ex (Brady?) on Dynasty, when she was on there playing Dominique.

More power to him for making it onto DWTS, and good luck to him for however long it is that he lasts.

Whoopee.
    Last edited by ness; 03-04-2014 at 04:25 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Totally rooting for LANDO!!!!!!
    Florimel and jucamer like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I guess my memory is shot because even when Ness mentioned that he was on Dynasty which I faithfully watched I don't remember him. He seems like he has a lot of fans based on the majority of these comments and I know everyone loves Emma because of what she was able to do with Bill from last season.

Best of luck to Emma and Billy Dee!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Totally rooting for LANDO!!!!!!
    Every time I hear his name, I still remember his initial entrance in that cape in The Empire Strikes Back (and I'm not even a Star Wars fan). I think I may have gasped. I distinctly remember that my date was not amused.
    Florimel likes this.

Loved him ever since Lady Sings the Blues but the guy can't move. Kudos to him for trying.
    His performance was painful to watch: a couple steps here and there while Emma twirled around him.
    I hope he doesn't turn out to be this season's Bill Engvall. (Engvall was a better dancer, of course, but was kept on too long.)
    Last edited by Ellen; 03-18-2014 at 10:43 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

The other thing Bill Engvall had going for him was the possibility of improvement. I don't think Billy Dee has that, not because he's inherently clumsy or anything like that, but because he's had two hip replacements and has an arthritic back on top of that. I don't want him to hurt himself for the sake of that tacky trophy. It's just not worth it. And we've seen a lot of people get hurt on DWTS over the years.
    Ellen likes this.

I love him, but he just shouldn't be doing this. Plain and simple. The guy can't move anymore. It's possible he would have been good at this 15 or 20 years ago, but Ellen's right. It was painful to watch. I hope he'll go home soon and put us all out of our misery.
    Ellen, jucamer, Photobabe and 1 others like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Loved him ever since Lady Sings the Blues but the guy can't move. Kudos to him for trying.
    His performance was painful to watch: a couple steps here and there while Emma twirled around him.
    I hope he doesn't turn out to be this season's Bill Engvall. (Engvall was a better dancer, of course, but was kept on too long.)
    OMG I loved him in "Lady Sings the Blues"! That was my first time ever seeing BDW! He was just so awesome and handsome in that movie!

BUT that being said, for me it was also very painful watching him last night. He does not belong on this show.
    Ellen likes this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast