+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: 11/18 DWTS 17: Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/18 DWTS 17: Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    My mother loves Bill. She thinks he is very attractive! I suspect a small crush! My mom is 72. Every episode she comments on how attractive he is. I love it. I admit, I never thought of Bill that way. lol
    I think Bill is a good looking man, his dancing is a little wooden, but he is very popular

Same with Kristi Yamaguchi. She was a ringer all the way too. Skaters get tons of dance lessons, plus they choreograph to music
    Zendaya was the biggest ringer last season, but she lost .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I have said several times that it was as though they took Kristi off the skates, and she immediately began dancing with no transition at all. I think I read sometime, somewhere that ice skaters often have some ballet lessons, and it appeared to me that Kristi had (had) dance at some point. It was just too easy for her without it.

I am close to Bill's age, and I think he is nice looking. He is really looking pretty good now with the weight loss!

I believe in another season that Zen would have won. She was very good and very well liked; however, she was up against a talented, former American Idol contestant with a strong Country fan base.....and the gifted choreographer Derek for a partner. It was simply the wrong time and season for Zen, but she was a ringer although no where near to the degree as some of the others.

I personally think Corbin will end up with this one and have for a while because he is (1) naturally good at dancing (2) he has that HS Musical experience and exposure (3) natural charisma (4) very good health and seeming endurance.
    Corbin's solo parts in the group numbers, etc., always shine and win raving comments from both the judges and when they read facebook comments aloud, etc.

My best guess at this point is that due to Amber's personality, ability to "sell the dance", Glee exposure, and Derek and his skills at choreography, she is going to be safe even with bum knees on Monday.

I think either Jack or Bill will go out at 4th. Logically, Bill should go out at 4th; however, his fans may vote him in again. The question becomes.....do the producers meddle a little (conspiracy, anyone ) to make the logical happen, and Jack should slide into 3rd, or do they let the chips fall, and the sentimental favorite who has worked to overcome odds get the spot he deserves?

I think personally that the real vote goes - fairly or not - to Bill. Now whether we see Bill end up in the F3 entirely remains to be seen.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I disagree about Zen -she had her own dance show. She did it all, she was a HUGE ringer, we just didn't hear about it on this forums as much as the others, because she was with Val .Had she been with Derek LOL I liked her I guess, but toward the end she got a little pouty imho.

I want too see Corbin's freestyle, that will cinch first place for him -if its a good one.. Lets hope it is.
    -Andy Rooney-

This is from ABC and what's in store for the F4. E - Releases

Monday we say goodbye to one couple.( gulp)
    -Andy Rooney-

My definition of ringer for this show is very narrow and is limited to those who can not only dance, but can do choreography and have a good understanding of dance technique. Corbin, Nicole S, and especially Mya are my only three true ringers.

Not Jennifer Grey who spent months learning from Patrick Swayze for Dirty Dancing. He even said that teaching her to that level wasn't an easy job. After all of it, she didn't come close to the dance pros in that movie.

Not Jane Seymour who did ballet until an injury ended her potential career at 16.

Not Kristi Yamuguci or Evan Lysacek. Skaters do get dance training, so do some football players) but skating in a boot is nothing like dancing in shoes. All it may do is help them with some arm movements and they have to unlearn a lot of that. Most of them hire professional choreographers for their skating programs.

Not even Mario Lopez or any of the boy banders or Disney kids or nightclub performers who may incorporate some dance into their shows. Going back to the orignal Mickey Mousers, the only one in that group I'd have named as a ringer was Bobby.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I have said several times that it was as though they took Kristi off the skates, and she immediately began dancing with no transition at all. I think I read sometime, somewhere that ice skaters often have some ballet lessons, and it appeared to me that Kristi had (had) dance at some point. It was just too easy for her without it.

I am close to Bill's age, and I think he is nice looking. He is really looking pretty good now with the weight loss!

I believe in another season that Zen would have won. She was very good and very well liked; however, she was up against a talented, former American Idol contestant with a strong Country fan base.....and the gifted choreographer Derek for a partner. It was simply the wrong time and season for Zen, but she was a ringer although no where near to the degree as some of the others.

I personally think Corbin will end up with this one and have for a while because he is (1) naturally good at dancing (2) he has that HS Musical experience and exposure (3) natural charisma (4) very good health and seeming endurance.
    Corbin's solo parts in the group numbers, etc., always shine and win raving comments from both the judges and when they read facebook comments aloud, etc.

My best guess at this point is that due to Amber's personality, ability to "sell the dance", Glee exposure, and Derek and his skills at choreography, she is going to be safe even with bum knees on Monday.

I think either Jack or Bill will go out at 4th. Logically, Bill should go out at 4th; however, his fans may vote him in again. The question becomes.....do the producers meddle a little (conspiracy, anyone ) to make the logical happen, and Jack should slide into 3rd, or do they let the chips fall, and the sentimental favorite who has worked to overcome odds get the spot he deserves?

I think personally that the real vote goes - fairly or not - to Bill. Now whether we see Bill end up in the F3 entirely remains to be seen.
    I have my doubts about Corbin taking it. I'm not saying he won't, but I would not be surprised to see him out 3rd. While he may have gained fans as the show aired, not to mention Karina's fans, I think his fan base is not as strong as the others. People also know how much dance experience he really has and generally people don't vote for that person to win. I really think this could be a toss up and so much will depend on that free style (as always), and whether or not Bill stays in the final 3.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I have my doubts about Corbin taking it. I'm not saying he won't, but I would not be surprised to see him out 3rd. While he may have gained fans as the show aired, not to mention Karina's fans, I think his fan base is not as strong as the others. People also know how much dance experience he really has and generally people don't vote for that person to win. I really think this could be a toss up and so much will depend on that free style (as always), and whether or not Bill stays in the final 3.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think Corbin is the best dancer, as he should be. Amber, Jack and Bill, however, are all very popular. Amber has Derek and Jack has Cheryl. I think especially the former will matter. Corbin is with Karina and while fans have warmed up to her over the years, she is not one of the favorite pros (although in my opinion definitely one of the most talented)!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Has anyone seen any polls? If so, without linking and by paraphrasing can you give us a gist of what the general thinking seems to be at this point?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Finally watched the dances. Amber won round 1, Corbin took round 2 with Jack a really close second.

As we know, the freestyle is the deciding factor in who wins the whole she-bang. Will Amber be able to do an all-out freestyle with her knees bothering her? That jazz dance was excellent but can something similar propel her to win or is Corbin at an extreme advantage here because he will be able to do a freestyle with lifts and demanding choreography?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Has anyone seen any polls? If so, without linking and by paraphrasing can you give us a gist of what the general thinking seems to be at this point?
    I don't know if that site is at all accurate anymore for DWTS -- according to their graphs, Bill has literally 10x the busy signals of anyone else, which would mean it's not even close each week. I'm thinking that maybe it's not functioning properly anymore and they haven't bothered to fix it. But, who knows? Anyway, they only count phone votes, and it's so much easier to vote online now that I doubt phone votes alone are a reliable meter now.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread